Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Game Pack vs. Katy Perry Sweet Treats Game Pack

13...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Cars Game Pack
    I honestly don't understand the hype for cars in this game... there wouldn't be a purpose for them since the game isn't open world. Also, the majority of lots wouldn't even be big enough to have a house AND garage/driveway on them (at least not without cramping everything together to the point where it looks ridiculous).

Also, I actually liked 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats' in Sims 3. And no, I'm not just saying that as a joke. It wasn't my favorite stuff pack, but it was still fun to play with sometimes.

I never understand the argument of the TS4 isn't open world (never mind road system or lack of)so it wouldn't make sense, when The Sims had cabs that picked up Sims, a Trolley, Bus, Limos, etc. Sims blocked the cars, cats and dogs blocked the cars, and they had to beep a horn to get them out/off of the road. I never heard, 'Man, this doesn't make any sense'. lol :D ETA: Just rambling, (TS4)>neither does pulling a mixing bowl out of somewhere (thin air) without opening a cabinet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats Game Pack
    I would love to have a Katy Perry stuff pack again, but with more than just California Gurls like in The Sims 3. I would love to have more of Katy’s other music videos rather than just one. I would like to see, Wide Awake, Last Friday Night, Dark Horse, and a lot of her other music videos. I would also like to have some of her red carpet looks too, and some of her crazy hair that she has. In my opinion, one of my favorite stuff packs for The Sims 3 was the Katy Perry Sweet Treats.
    With Cars I wouldn’t like to have them in my game, I can see why a lot of people want them but I would rather have like, hover boards, bikes, skateboards, scooters; something like that, because cars would be useless.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    What is Katy Perry? The bad collection in Ts3? Ehm... Noooo!
    Yes, it's horse armor. Hence the joke.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure OP is having a laugh :lol: considering how bad the TS3 stuff pack was.

The CAS was nightmare inducing, but much of the decor pieces were great for kids' rooms (especially little girls) and there were three venues that I used a lot in my worlds; the playground and the pool were both 30x20 so they were easy to fit into neighborhoods, and I was able to turn the Cake Pleasure Dome into a dessert cafe, using the oven from the Bistro set and the recipes from the Bakery set, both from the Sims 3 Store. It was a great place for my teens to hang out after school.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I'm baffled by the amount of people that don't realise this is a joke poll.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Neither
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • SillyCharlieSillyCharlie Posts: 37 Member
    I don't want either one, but if I had to choose it would be the Katy Parry Sweet Treats. Cars in The Sims 4 would be useless. Other than a possible woohoo interaction, it would just be an expensive decoration that takes you to the same boring loading screens we already have.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats, LOL

Cars would be super pointless because like the person said above me, it's just taking up space to drive literally 4 feet into a loading screen at the front of the lot. And where even would we park? It'd just be sims running everywhere once we got there, anyways.

And I'm always a sucker for candy themed stuff, esp if they put a lot in it lol
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Definitely cars. Nearly all my sims 3 lots were designed with a garage and would be hard to redesign them without it. I want to remake them so bad in sims 4.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Whoever picked Katy Perry Sweet Treats must be trolling. No other explanation.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    I'll be real, I'm pretty indifferent about cars. I like the idea well enough, but don't need them for my game. However, I reaaaaalllly don't want Katy Perry stuff in my game. I didn't buy her pack in the previous game and wouldn't buy it for this one.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't want either as a game pack.

I already own katy Perry sweet treats.

as for cars a patch would be nice.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Cars over Sweet Treats. I've never played the KP Pack but I haven't heard any outstanding reviews for it, either. Cars are a nice all-rounder.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    I'd rather have a nice car, some Landrover type or an impala (wink wink) idk instead of more innuendo-filled candy clothing.
    I hated KPST and loved LGR's review of it. So yeah, cars > Sweet Treats, by far.
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2018
    Cars Game Pack
    I was thinking about sims cars about 5 minutes ago :)
    it would be cool to have motorbikes to drive through the Selvadorada jungle. You’d have to get off it to clear a path but going back would be a lot quicker :p
    What do you guys think? Terrible idea? Haha

Also the open world debate-
    I would be okay with just clicking the car in the garage to travel/go to work/drive kids to school or whatever and see them pull out of the garage and park on the side of the road of where ever the sims went to. Service it, change the tires, wash the car.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    To be honest, given the closed world nature of the game, I actually don't want cars as much as I want garage doors. That could be added in a stuff pack. Cars could also be added as simple objects, just to have them. I've had to redesign so many house plans, just to remove the garage, it's ridiculous.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    I'd have to agree with people who said cars would be useless, in my opinion, I would like to have, bikes hoverboards, and skateboards, rather than cars. I bet the cars would be like the Sims 2.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    Beyond scary that @SimGuruGraham voted Sweet Treats over cars explains the direction this game has gone.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    We need packs like Sweet Treats.
    WE NEED PACKS LIKE SWEET TREATS!
    So we can get on our keyboards and make Katy Perry the bad guy

Sim-Li.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'd like to understand the thought process that made you ask yourself that question one day.
    Colton’s thought processes have been lighting up these forums for years. Treat it like a wave and just roll with it.

As for me, Katy Perry has always been my all time favourite pack, so the choice is easy.

75e.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Neither really. I like Katy Perry & I liked both of those things in 3, but I don't want anymore licensed content in my game. I still haven't forgiven them for that Star Wars nonsense. And cars are kind of pointless without an open world.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Cars Game Pack
    I'd take a pack of cars that are simply decor items over the alternative.