Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Afterschool Activities Questions?

So I have a question about afterschool activities.

1. I signed my daughter up for ballet and so far shes been going for a week. But when I check the icon where afterschool activities are, it says Ballet 0. Do I need to be exercising her or something at home to improve? Does it just take a while? She's been going a full week.

2. I seen in either a screenshot or a vid someones daughter in a ballet outfit. Will this come once it progresses? I tried to see if I could change her into it and I couldn't and when she comes home shes in school clothes for the day.

Sorry if these have been answered, its driving me nuts. :P

Comments

• KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It took my Sim about a week to get to level one, then she got to level two in just a couple of days lol.
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2011
    You don't need to practice at home.She will wear the ballet outfit to a recital or she can show off her new tricks to other sims. :)
  • SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok thank you. :D

After the recital will it become something she can just wear when she wants? I think the ballet outfits are so cute on the children. In sims 2 I always had my little girls wear the one that had the fairy wings attatched. :lol:
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure to be honest...my sim never randomly put it on anyway =/
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2011
    I signed my sim child up for ballet, but she never goes! She don't get on the bus home either, she just stand outside the school, maybe sitting down to make her home work.
    Anybody know what to do?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2011
    my sims do the same thing! they just sit outside of school and do homework?? is that the activities????
  • MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited June 2011
    Here's the link to Carl's after school activities guide. I can't wait until my Sim's toddlers age up :)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/afterschoolactivities.php
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Enid11Enid11 Posts: 374 Member
    edited June 2011
    I was about to write about that and ask... I have two teenager and three girls, they are signed up for their afterschool but then they don't go anywhere but play outside the school or doing their homework. Also it says they are learning...

My little girls scouting, never get a scouting event celebration or ballet one.

I even made them quit and restart and is doing the same thing..

And the prom is almost never...

Any ideas?
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    Have any of you tried using the "Go to After School Activity" button that gets added to the Education Tab when you sign up for one?

Just curious.
  • thepinkpassion78thepinkpassion78 Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    I signed my sim child up for ballet, but she never goes! She don't get on the bus home either, she just stand outside the school, maybe sitting down to make her home work.
    Anybody know what to do?

Sorry i must ask..
    1. How long has she been going? Is she level 3?
    2. If she is, then she and her family will be invited to a Ballet Recital (Sorry for any spelling mistakes!!)
    3. When she goes to that her ballet class WILL be finished. This is the same rule for the scouts.

If none of this has happened then i'm not sure, i would probably put it down to a bug.
  • BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Once my little girl got to level 2, she learned some sort of ballet move that she was able to "show off" to her family. When she does that, she changes into her ballet outfit. When her brother was a child and in scouts, he was able to change into his uniform to "show off" once he earned a certain badge.
  • PinkBunny101PinkBunny101 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    I have one teenager and I can't get her to sign up for an after school activity. I've tried the phone, computer, and the school but it doesn't even suggest that I can do that.

Help?
  • lovenadialovenadia Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have one teenager and I can't get her to sign up for an after school activity. I've tried the phone, computer, and the school but it doesn't even suggest that I can do that.

Help?

Do they have an part-time job? If so, you'll have to choose between the two.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    I actually prefer scouting to ballet. Ballet's cute, but my sim went to her first scout meeting, and already gained a fishing skill point! I think they can also gain handiness or logic skills from it, too.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited July 2011
    I had my little girl on the longest lifespan and she was signed up for ballet. She always went, but it took forever just to get her to level 1.
    Once she gained a level, she learnt a move that she could show off to people, and she would change into her ballet outfit. But that's the only time I could get her to wear it.

She never got past level 1 though. It was taking too long and I wanted to age her up, so I shortened her lifespan, and a couple of days before her birthday she got notice of a recital. She went and got a trophy and that was that. Ballet over and done with.

I dunno, maybe they'll level up faster if you have them on a shorter lifespan.
  • AmkittenloverAmkittenlover Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    ldmarko wrote:
    I actually prefer scouting to ballet. Ballet's cute, but my sim went to her first scout meeting, and already gained a fishing skill point! I think they can also gain handiness or logic skills from it, too.
    u gain fishing and gardening
  • Juliette723Juliette723 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    Anybody know what to do?

This usually happens when you have given permission for a field trip. It is a glitch, they may have fixed it, but idk. Just move the family out and move them back in and decline field trips.

• ilovechezballsilovechezballs Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi,
    I might sound like a noob (because I am) but how do you download afterschool activities? I've tried on kawaiistacie's website, but there isn't an option if you don't have seasons (I don't).
    Please help me!!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    Hi,
    I might sound like a noob (because I am) but how do you download afterschool activities? I've tried on kawaiistacie's website, but there isn't an option if you don't have seasons (I don't).
    Please help me!!

@ilovechezballs, are you playing TS4? Because if you are, then you might want to ask this over in the TS4 section as this is an old thread asking about after school activities for TS3.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thank you @lisasc360 for sharing that link :) I'll close the thread from here.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top