Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error executing code.exe

theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
I am trying to install my sims 2 disks and I am having an error running code.exe. it started the first time i tried, I was absent-mindedly pressing enter and hit enter on the code pop-up without entering it. it popped up the error executing code.exe. any idea how to fix?
MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    also, it started with family fun stuff, I installed all of the expansion packs beforehand.
    also also, it is isolated to Family Fun and Glamour life. the rest of the stuff packs download correctly.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Go to all programs, uninstall FFS, (if listed there) reinstall, enter the keycode when it ask for it. Make sure the disc is clean.

ETA: Make sure if playing discs to install all the cd patches for base and each EP.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS2_Patches
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I will try it when I get home, thanks.
    It is not there to uninstall.
    theFella wrote: »

O.K. just to make sure you may want to look in your Registry to check if it was partially installed into the Registry. If you see it there you can right click on it and delete it. Then try to reinstall. If you need help with that I have to go update pc but I can come back later and help you with that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    theFella wrote: »

O.K. just to make sure you may want to look in your Registry to check if it was partially installed into the Registry. If you see it there you can right click on it and delete it. Then try to reinstall. If you need help with that I have to go update pc but I can come back later and help you with that.

alright. I will check the registry next time I am at my new computer.
    I have now downloaded the packs. thanks for the help @Cinebar
    Hope you have fun! :)
  • WenakayWenakay Posts: 2 New Member
    I have installed all expansions and all stuff BUT family fun stuff. I get an "Error executing 'D:/Support/The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff_Code.exe'
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."
  • WenakayWenakay Posts: 2 New Member
    And then a McAfee box saying a virus is detected. Does anyone know what to do?
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @wenakay I would recommend doing a scan first before doing anything. But it probably to do with securerom.