Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    TheetyTheety Posts: 2 New Member
    I had to delete my cache files once before, but I’ll try it again once I’m back at my computer. You’re always helpful, @rosemow . :) I’ll let you know if it works.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Theety wrote: »
    I had to delete my cache files once before, but I’ll try it again once I’m back at my computer. You’re always helpful, @rosemow . :) I’ll let you know if it works.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    galronwon3galronwon3 Posts: 18 Member
    I've had the friends section become frozen lately. Instead of who they are currently talking to being first it doesn't move like it is frozen in place. The relationship grows but the picture is not where it is supposed. Is this an unusual issue? Don't remember experiencing it before. I have to scroll down to find who they are talking to.
  • Options
    CaileyMillerCaileyMiller Posts: 10 New Member
    okay. So I pretty much use the same sims for ever new game I play. But recently I decided to be a little more adventurous and I made a new sim for my girl sim to fall in love with. All the romance interactions are working fine and all that but every time I have the guy sim propose to my girl she rejects him. I think I had him ask her 4 different times and each time she rejected him. Their friendship/romance levels are completely maxed out. At first I thought, maybe after a few days she'll accept. I waited a few sim days and asked again and she rejected. At that point I was irritated and just said f-this and got her pregnant. When I asked her again she rejected. I asked her on more time after they had their twins and again she rejected. I ended up having to have her propose, to which he happily accepted. I thought it might just be a weird fluke. but then I started a new game, same girl, same guy, just a different story. I had them date for a couple days, go on lots of dates, and then I had him propose on christmas day. She rejected. Why is this sim rejecting this new sim? I never had any problems with her rejecting the other guy sim. I'm worried at the wedding she's going to reject him.
  • Options
    galronwon3 wrote: »
    I've had the friends section become frozen lately. Instead of who they are currently talking to being first it doesn't move like it is frozen in place. The relationship grows but the picture is not where it is supposed. Is this an unusual issue? Don't remember experiencing it before. I have to scroll down to find who they are talking to.

Hello @galronwon3
    The friends relationship panel should move to show who they are talking to.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    okay. So I pretty much use the same sims for ever new game I play. But recently I decided to be a little more adventurous and I made a new sim for my girl sim to fall in love with. All the romance interactions are working fine and all that but every time I have the guy sim propose to my girl she rejects him. I think I had him ask her 4 different times and each time she rejected him. Their friendship/romance levels are completely maxed out. At first I thought, maybe after a few days she'll accept. I waited a few sim days and asked again and she rejected. At that point I was irritated and just said f-this and got her pregnant. When I asked her again she rejected. I asked her on more time after they had their twins and again she rejected. I ended up having to have her propose, to which he happily accepted. I thought it might just be a weird fluke. but then I started a new game, same girl, same guy, just a different story. I had them date for a couple days, go on lots of dates, and then I had him propose on christmas day. She rejected. Why is this sim rejecting this new sim? I never had any problems with her rejecting the other guy sim. I'm worried at the wedding she's going to reject him.

Hello @CaileyMiller
    Other simmers are also having the issue with sims rejecting others. They have been posting about this on forum threads
    You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about this issue there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    galronwon3galronwon3 Posts: 18 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @galronwon3

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

I'll try the suggestions. It's happened twice recently. The first time I saved the families to my library, then deleted the ones that had the problem which were many and replaced the ones from the library and the relationship panel functioned normally. normal. I've also backed up saves so I can replace those if the problem begins again with saves before the problem started.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @galronwon3

I'll try the suggestions. It's happened twice recently. The first time I saved the families to my library, then deleted the ones that had the problem which were many and replaced the ones from the library and the relationship panel functioned normally. normal. I've also backed up saves so I can replace those if the problem begins again with saves before the problem started.

I am sorry that you have been having these issues.
  • Options
    Coucou660Coucou660 Posts: 21 Member
    Yo lol, it's ya boi, back again with another SiMs 4 ScAnDaL :/
    So I had over 2,000 cc files and my game worked fine, but then I downloaded more so that I had over 3,000, and then there was an update, and my game won't work with cc (By that, I mean that it gets to the Sims 4 logo on startup, and then doesn't go passed that). I tried removing the new cc as well as any gameplay changing mods that would be out of date, and it still didn't work, although it did work without any cc altogether. So I tried repairing my game a bunch of times to no avail and deleted the contents of my cache folders (idk I read somewhere that it was good to do that). Nothing worked, so now I am trying to do the half/half method, but it seems like I'm removing all of my cc before it would work. Is it something to do with that weird .DS_Store? Was it something I deleted? Was it something I said? (I mean, I do say all of the time that it ain't got nothing on the Sims 3) Is it something so obvious that someone out there reading this wants to murder me?
  • Options
    Coucou660Coucou660 Posts: 21 Member
    I think I fixed it lol soz for wasting anyone's time. :#:#
  • Options
    rhabbitsrhabbits Posts: 2 New Member
    heya, sorry for another post. whenever i make a new sim and try to get them to live in willow creek, my game takes me back to the world maps and a pop-up that says the game can't load. i've looked up how to fix this and, while it worked, it only worked without cc. i've tested every folder to see if maybe it was an outdated mod or bad cc but when i did, everything worked fine. nothing is outdated or anything. i've repaired the game 10 times by now to see if that would help anything but it hasn't and im not exactly sure what to do now.
  • Options
    rhabbits wrote: »
    heya, sorry for another post. whenever i make a new sim and try to get them to live in willow creek, my game takes me back to the world maps and a pop-up that says the game can't load. i've looked up how to fix this and, while it worked, it only worked without cc. i've tested every folder to see if maybe it was an outdated mod or bad cc but when i did, everything worked fine. nothing is outdated or anything. i've repaired the game 10 times by now to see if that would help anything but it hasn't and im not exactly sure what to do now.

Hello @rhabbits
    I am just checking. When you tested with an individual folder only in the mods folder each time you loaded the game , was the issue not there?
    There may be mods that are conflicting with each other.
    Also, if you use MCCC mod or the UI Cheats extension mod, check that you have tbe latest version.

Some Custom careers have been broken by the latest patch so it would be best to also remove them and see if there are updated versions of the careers.
  • Options
    Rienne15Rienne15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I've encounters a problem with Seasons that no mod seems to be creating -- Autumn ended and Winter began... Only to be on "day 7 of 7." My Winter Holidays were completely deleted except for New Year's Eve, and Spring has a forecast of "frozen" and "snow" for the next seven days, which can only mean Summer is going to be cold. This is really upsetting, especially since Christmas was coming and I had a ton of decorations up before it suddenly didn't exist on the calendar. Has anyone had similar issues?
  • Options
    Rienne15 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've encounters a problem with Seasons that no mod seems to be creating -- Autumn ended and Winter began... Only to be on "day 7 of 7." My Winter Holidays were completely deleted except for New Year's Eve, and Spring has a forecast of "frozen" and "snow" for the next seven days, which can only mean Summer is going to be cold. This is really upsetting, especially since Christmas was coming and I had a ton of decorations up before it suddenly didn't exist on the calendar. Has anyone had similar issues?

Hello @Rienne15
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before Autumn finished, to see if the transition to Winter works correctly that time . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    BlueBelle55BlueBelle55 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, I'm BlueBelle55, I'm new to the Sims 4 Forums and I've been experiencing issues during game-play and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    1) Sofas - Every time I place a sofa it disappears. I have to leave the lot by going into "Manage Worlds" and when I go back to the lot the sofa I've picked out finally appears. Also, whenever my sims try sit down in front of the TV to eat or simply read a book or play with a tablet, they snap out of the sitting position to stand and their food/book/tablet is on floor. Super weird. Fortunately the love seats and single couch chairs are fine.
    2) Video Game Console - The City Living gaming console refuses to let my sims play on their own or with another person in the house. Like in issue "1)", they'll snap to their feet and the game will carry on. They can't join back in, so I just turn it off. They're not able to enter into tournaments either and every time I try - SNAP - the same result.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? And if so, have you found a solution?
  • Options
    Hey, I'm BlueBelle55, I'm new to the Sims 4 Forums and I've been experiencing issues during game-play and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    1) Sofas - Every time I place a sofa it disappears. I have to leave the lot by going into "Manage Worlds" and when I go back to the lot the sofa I've picked out finally appears. Also, whenever my sims try sit down in front of the TV to eat or simply read a book or play with a tablet, they snap out of the sitting position to stand and their food/book/tablet is on floor. Super weird. Fortunately the love seats and single couch chairs are fine.
    2) Video Game Console - The City Living gaming console refuses to let my sims play on their own or with another person in the house. Like in issue "1)", they'll snap to their feet and the game will carry on. They can't join back in, so I just turn it off. They're not able to enter into tournaments either and every time I try - SNAP - the same result.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? And if so, have you found a solution?

Hello @BlueBelle55
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

With the video game controller, try selling the game controller, then buying a new one and see if that helps. Test without the mods folder being in your game also.

If you still have issues, try testing in a fresh new save game to see if the issues are also ocurring there.
  • Options
    Christina0216Christina0216 Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but none of those things worked. It looks like the latest patch may have fixed it, but I haven't had a holiday yet to see if it works. However, this patch seems to have created worse issues for me. When I come back from Build Mode, or CAS, the game is totally glitching. It takes away all the Sim info at the bottom of the screen (all graphics gone, no picture of my active Sim, nothing at all), and when I try to click on anything in the top right corner (Gallery, Build Mode, Options), it won't do anything. Like I click on any of those, and nothing happens. I tried restarting my computer, and restarting the game a few times, but it didn't fix anything. There is no option to Repair the game anymore either. It's weird because Build Mode and CAS work totally fine, it's just when I go back into Live Mode that the issue happens, which obviously makes the game unplayable. I do use Mods, and I tried deleting some to see if that would fix the issue, and it didn't.
  • Options
    @rosemow I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but none of those things worked. It looks like the latest patch may have fixed it, but I haven't had a holiday yet to see if it works. However, this patch seems to have created worse issues for me. When I come back from Build Mode, or CAS, the game is totally glitching. It takes away all the Sim info at the bottom of the screen (all graphics gone, no picture of my active Sim, nothing at all), and when I try to click on anything in the top right corner (Gallery, Build Mode, Options), it won't do anything. Like I click on any of those, and nothing happens. I tried restarting my computer, and restarting the game a few times, but it didn't fix anything. There is no option to Repair the game anymore either. It's weird because Build Mode and CAS work totally fine, it's just when I go back into Live Mode that the issue happens, which obviously makes the game unplayable. I do use Mods, and I tried deleting some to see if that would fix the issue, and it didn't.

Hello @Christina0216
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.

Some Custom careers have been broken by the latest patch so it would be best to also remove them and see if there are updated versions of the careers.
  • Options
    SarahElizabethSarahElizabeth Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm trying to decide if I should get either the sims 4 or Sims 3
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide if I should get either the sims 4 or Sims 3

Hello @SarahElizabeth :)
    These are links to guides to both Sims 3 and Sims 4 sites that have helpful guides to playing the games. You may like to have a look at the sites and read some of the guides, and see which game you think may suit you best.
    Both versions are very enjoyable to play! :)

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
  • Options
    SarahElizabethSarahElizabeth Posts: 6 New Member
    thanks
  • Options
    PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone! My game seems to be getting slower every day.. I'm playing TS4 on my current laptop (Asus Zenbook) for about a year now, and it used to be really fast. At the moment, starting the game takes more than 10 minutes sometimes. The loading screens inbetween lots or to edit worlds, switch build/buy mode, are also super slow.

I have 4 Expansion Packs, 4 Game Packs and 4 Stuff Packs. I use some CC, but really not a lot.

Are there things I can do to make my game run faster again? Hope there is someone who can help me out :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone! My game seems to be getting slower every day.. I'm playing TS4 on my current laptop (Asus Zenbook) for about a year now, and it used to be really fast. At the moment, starting the game takes more than 10 minutes sometimes. The loading screens inbetween lots or to edit worlds, switch build/buy mode, are also super slow.

I have 4 Expansion Packs, 4 Game Packs and 4 Stuff Packs. I use some CC, but really not a lot.

Are there things I can do to make my game run faster again? Hope there is someone who can help me out :)

Hello @PeanutButterVibes
    Some things that can help are to make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    Turn on laptop mode.
    Try lowering the ingame screen resolution
    Playing in windowed mode can help
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world, as that worked can cause lagginess.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.