Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tray files

13...Next

Comments

• KeeKee Posts: 34 Member
    @rosemow if we talk about libary do we speak of the same one. As the one where everyone household goes after creating one right? I am new sorry if I make mistakes with tagging and quoting but I am thankful for every help you give [:)] [:'(] ... I would send pictures but idk how that works on here... ^^"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Kee wrote: »
    @rosemow if we talk about libary do we speak of the same one. As the one where everyone household goes after creating one right? I am new sorry if I make mistakes with tagging and quoting but I am thankful for every help you give [:)] [:'(] ... I would send pictures but idk how that works on here... ^^"

The library is the one that you can save your Sims to in the Gallery, then you can upload them to the community section of the Galley.
    You may mean Manage Households,which is the place which shows all the household that are in the game.
    You may need to increase the setting of the number of households that you are adding to and favouriting in the My Household section to keep from culling . Try increasing it to 200 and see if that helps,
    @rosemow I am talking about manage households... I didn't save my sims into my origin libery ... does it mean its gone?! I already put it to 200 and nothing happens no households in my manage household thingy. All my created sims are gone? My created townies too? I thought it save them in the tray file.... and I still cannot creat a sims...won't load :neutral:
    @rosemow I am talking about manage households... I didn't save my sims into my origin libery ... does it mean its gone?! I already put it to 200 and nothing happens no households in my manage household thingy. All my created sims are gone? My created townies too? I thought it save them in the tray file.... and I still cannot creat a sims...won't load :neutral:

You may be starting a new save game instead of loading your old save game. Go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture, load that save game, and your households should be in manage households.
    [quote]You may be starting a new save game instead of loading your old save game. Go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture, load that save game, and your households should be in manage households.[/quote]

I found the issue... it was my mods... I dont know which of my nods make the game act up but I will have to place one by one in and out to see what makes the game act up basically. But I got my households back and my created townies which makes me absolutely happy [:smiley:]
    And by the way... out of topic but is it possible to let me know how to quote someone? Its seems mine isnt working as others... I am still new here :)
    You may be starting a new save game instead of loading your old save game. Go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture, load that save game, and your households should be in manage households.

I found the issue... it was my mods... I dont know which of my nods make the game act up but I will have to place one by one in and out to see what makes the game act up basically. But I got my households back and my created townies which makes me absolutely happy [:smiley:]
    And by the way... out of topic but is it possible to let me know how to quote someone? Its seems mine isnt working as others... I am still new here :)

It is good that the issue is fixed :)
    You are unable to quote correctly until you become a full member,
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

thank you very much @rosemow I will try my best to get involved in the sims community :D
  • JaviPaz7JaviPaz7 Posts: 1 New Member
    :) It was indeed of the tray folder that MIDI one... To export a room, you'll need four files: 1x .ROOM, 2x .MIDI, 1x .TRAYITEM.

To export a family, you'll need fvie files: 1x .HOUSEHOLDBINARY, 1x .TRAYITEM, 2x .SGI, 1x .HHI (if there are more than one sims in a family, then the number of files increases: each sim adds one file .SGI)

and each lot contains at least six files with expansions 1x .BLUEPRINT, 4x .BPI, 1x .TRAYITEM (besides if lot has more than one floors, number of files is already more than six: each floor adds one .BPI file)
  • theoctanepumpkintheoctanepumpkin Posts: 6 New Member
    I just had some thoughts. First off, I am considering taking on the idea of using a tray for creating items of backgrounds to use with my sims with gimp so Id like to know how to do backgrounds. The how to's. secondly maybe you can suggest the what not to do so I get it right the first time. . I just wish there were like a one stop shop to do it all with tutorials. Im trying to learn from someone who is not telling me enough and I am too afraid to do anything without learning what I need to know.

I have yet to learn how to do poses let alone do this. Im willing but I just need to know everything.

Thanks for suggestions.
    I just had some thoughts. First off, I am considering taking on the idea of using a tray for creating items of backgrounds to use with my sims with gimp so Id like to know how to do backgrounds. The how to's. secondly maybe you can suggest the what not to do so I get it right the first time. . I just wish there were like a one stop shop to do it all with tutorials. Im trying to learn from someone who is not telling me enough and I am too afraid to do anything without learning what I need to know.

I have yet to learn how to do poses let alone do this. Im willing but I just need to know everything.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hello @theoctanepumpkin
    This link may help you
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/4882/tutorial-make-own-cas-backgrounds
  • urlocalfranurlocalfran Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm pretty new to downloading stuff, how would I download a sim from say a Tumblr site, where do the files go? Do I unzip them? Where will I find the sim in my game?
    I'm pretty new to downloading stuff, how would I download a sim from say a Tumblr site, where do the files go? Do I unzip them? Where will I find the sim in my game?

Hello @urlocalfran
    The files for a sim that you download from another site usually comes in a zipped folder or in a rar file. You will need to unzip the folder or extract the files out of the rar file, then place the files into the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -tray folder. The files need to be placed directly into the tray folder, without being in another folder. The sim will then appear in your library, which you access by pressing the gallery button at the top right hand side of the screen when in-game. You will then need to place the Sims from your library into your game.
    If cc comes with the sim, the cc package files go into the
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods folder.
    To extract files from a rar file, this is a good free zipping tool
    https://www.7-zip.org/download.html