Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o3_640.png

I remember seeing this thread last summer and had really wanted to try it. I had a lot going on then and knew that there was no way that I could participate. I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across it again today and decided to give it a go.

Elise Robinson
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Geek, Bookworm
    Aspiration: Freelance Botanist & Painter Extraordinaire (she’ll be switching between the two)

The one that I downloaded came with a lot of skills and she was older so I used the play with genetics to make her a twin to start from scratch. Just noticed that the original had an arm tattoo that mine doesn't. Oops. One of her traits was also missing (vegetarian I think) so I randomized her last trait and got Bookworm.

tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o1_640.png

She moved onto a lot in Willow Creek and thanks to the gallery, I managed to find a starter house within her budget.

tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o4_640.png
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited July 2018
    Ashley745 wrote: »
    tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o3_640.png

I remember seeing this thread last summer and had really wanted to try it. I had a lot going on then and knew that there was no way that I could participate. I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across it again today and decided to give it a go.

Elise Robinson
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Geek, Bookworm
    Aspiration: Freelance Botanist & Painter Extraordinaire (she’ll be switching between the two)

The one that I downloaded came with a lot of skills and she was older so I used the play with genetics to make her a twin to start from scratch. Just noticed that the original had an arm tattoo that mine doesn't. Oops. One of her traits was also missing (vegetarian I think) so I randomized her last trait and got Bookworm.

tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o1_640.png

She moved onto a lot in Willow Creek and thanks to the gallery, I managed to find a starter house within her budget.

tumblr_pbgmf49ucF1rlocz1o4_640.png

O-O; ...Yew know you're supposed to start on a blank lot, rite?
    edited July 2018
    The lot was an empty one. I used what money she had to get a house off the gallery. Was I not suppose to?
    Check out my stories
    edited July 2018
    The lot was an empty one. I used what money she had to get a house off the gallery. Was I not suppose to?

Yeah, you were supposed to put her on an empty 5x5 or 6x5 lot, reduce her funds to $1,800, and buy whatever she could afford from that.
    Yeah, you were supposed to put her on an empty 5x5 or 6x5 lot, reduce her funds to $1,800, and buy whatever she could afford from that.

That must be where she had the money for a house. The only empty lots I had were 30x20 and I didn't subtract any money. I guess I'll start over
    Check out my stories

That must be where she had the money for a house. The only empty lots I had were 30x20 and I didn't subtract any money. I guess I'll start over

Yeah, the big lots all have stuff built on them already; you have to bulldoze one of 'em. XD What a pain.
    edited July 2018
    I finally had time to start over. I got to play for a good amount of time and got back to where I was in the original before restarting. She has had her first baby and gotten pregnant with number 2. I am hoping to play some more this weekend. I have decided to post about Elise’s journey in my simblr if anyone would like to check it out.
    Check out my stories
    @Ashley745 What's her first baby's name? O:
    Her name is Ivy, and I’m already in love with her. I'm using a nature naming theme this generation since Elise's original aspiration is the Botanist one. She’s a clingy baby who loves following her parents around the house. Trying not to already start planning on her being heir before the next baby even arrives.

tumblr_pbtolftEDh1rlocz1o1_640.png

tumblr_pbtolftEDh1rlocz1o2_640.png

Yes, that’s Elise finding out that she’s expecting the next baby in the background.

tumblr_pbtolftEDh1rlocz1o3_640.png
    Check out my stories
    @Ashley745 OMG she's ADORABLE. Who's her daddy?
    edited July 2018
    Hunter

tumblr_pbtolftEDh1rlocz1o5_r1_640.png

He was from a large "singles" household that I got off the gallery to populate the town.
    Check out my stories
    @Ashley745 Cute. ^w^
    I'm considering possibly writing a Sims fanfic based off my Robinson family. What I can't figure out, though, is why someone starting a Strict Matriarchy wouldn't change their last name from Robinson. o-o
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Ohh now I miss my Robinson save, I left it hanging at an awful point. But I swapped languages so I guess I won't be able to get it in my game anymore :neutral:
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    Ohh now I miss my Robinson save, I left it hanging at an awful point. But I swapped languages so I guess I won't be able to get it in my game anymore :neutral:

I wish I could tell you if that was true or not. :( Have you tried it?
    No I haven't tried yet, I probably could do with a copy of the save. Just won't be the same. I hate playing on Dutch, but I did it for the kids lol
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    No I haven't tried yet, I probably could do with a copy of the save. Just won't be the same. I hate playing on Dutch, but I did it for the kids lol

What's wrong with playing on Dutch? I'm curious.
    I just love and prefer English. Haven't played games in Dutch since I was....I don't know can't even remember when. Many skill words sound so...weird
    So an update on how my challenge is going, I haven’t gotten to play much since the end of July. The last time I played, Elise had just gotten engaged (finally!!) to Hunter and pregnant with baby 3. I’m not sure how many kids I’m going to have her have. I usually play with really large families (and I noticed most of the other collaborators had Elise have a ton of kids), but she already has two potential heirs so I might make this the last one. Thoughts?

I've been updating my simblr with Elise's story and finally given the family their own navigation page if anyone would like to check it out.
    Check out my stories
    @Ashley745 The more the merrier I'd say
    @Ashley745 Agreed: The more the merrier. XD If you want to give them another child, I say go for it.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yo! Another chapter for me! :)

Find a Dude Already!
    06-17-18_10-34-53c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I thought I might join in on the fun 1.1: An Answer
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited October 2018
    Finally picking this up, unfortunately this part is a bit sad....be warned.

suRdkSd.jpg