Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Vampire Game Pack Fun?

2...Next

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I don’t think I’ve seen a sim die from being drained. They should be fine, I think.

One method I use is to have my Sims wake up as soon a vampire comes to the door. Usually the vampire gives up after a few moments of non-response. I haven’t had a vampire break in when I did this method (yet).

I think you can only kill a Sim by draining if you have a mod that allows it (Risky Feeding in MCCC for example?)
    Oh and vampires can̈́'t haunt through locked doors. Just keep your front door locked and Vlad won't get inside. Because when he's not controlled by you, he is too dumb to teleport inside, apparently.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, they're pretty fun!

And no, they can't kill or turn your sims randomly. So no worries about that. They're pretty easy to avoid, really; just lock the door to strangers and don't even talk about them. Get some Lore skill and grab yourself some garlic to hang in your house.

I know I still love playing with them; I believe part of it is just me being attached to my vampire sims as characters.
    People who only play with them strategically to get them up in higher levels and going for all the best powers and the least affecting weaknesses will more likely find them boring after a while, probably.

I just treat the power/weakness thing as another trait system. After all, vampires can be just as diverse as humans! I enjoy that.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don’t think I’ve seen a sim die from being drained. They should be fine, I think.

One method I use is to have my Sims wake up as soon a vampire comes to the door. Usually the vampire gives up after a few moments of non-response. I haven’t had a vampire break in when I did this method (yet).

I think you can only kill a Sim by draining if you have a mod that allows it (Risky Feeding in MCCC for example?)
    Oh and vampires can̈́'t haunt through locked doors. Just keep your front door locked and Vlad won't get inside. Because when he's not controlled by you, he is too dumb to teleport inside, apparently.

Ohhhhh, I didn’t know that! :hushed:

I rarely lock the doors in any of my Sims games, so thank you very much for the tip, @Bearededgeek ! :smiley:

*locks the door and dances near the door, taunting the poor, hungry vampire* :tongue: Nah, nah! You can’t bother my Sims!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2018
    I love it. It's the only game pack I have. I got it exactly for the vampires. I love traditional gothic monsters. My only real complaint is that when you have a vampire child who ages up to teen, they are so busy still learning skills and going to school, they barely have time to earn power points. Which is why I had mine make Vlad her best friend. They meet like every other night now. Her human dad doesn't know. lol
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    Well I got the pack for the build/buy items and Forgotten Hallow and moved a family there into a Victorian style home I downloaded from the gallery. They're twin brothers and one is a nasty criminal--he might make a good vampire one day.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The only thing I like about the vampire pack is the neighborhood that comes with it even if it small. But I do not play with vampires or any of the mystical entities that exist in the series. In this version of the Sims you have to get whatever neighborhoods you can get being you can't create your own and space runs out quickly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am just about to move my two fresh vampire twins into Oasis Springs across the street from eachother. Next step, turn their wives.

;P

I DO love this pack.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    @Goldmoldar I wish they would add the ability to create new lots in the worlds in the Sims 4, not being able to do so is very limiting. They can never go and do all the things you'd like them too because there no place to put everything like bowling alleys and spas and things in every town, so they have to leave their towns to have access to these things. I have been developing Newcrest for a variety of new venues because there is a lot of space there to place there--even if you don't place houses and make it a viable town. Then you have to remember what town you put what venues in in each game. I used the only empty lot to place a Victorian house for my family because I didn't like the empty ones--it would have been nice if I could have added a bar venue there, but I'll have to bulldoze a house to place one now.
  • brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    I got the pack a while ago for the objects mostly. I like to build. Only rarely did I ever have an NPC vampire become a nuisance and I would just delete them from the game. I recently have been playing in Forgotten Hollow and have discovered some of the powers they can have are actually pretty cool. My sim just had a kid that is already showing signs of having vampire powers so i'm interested to see how that's going to play out. If you want vampires to be able to kill I know someone made a mod for it. Check google.
  • SarahRyderSarahRyder Posts: 1 New Member
    If you like to play as a Vampire then yes.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I enjoy playing vampires occasionally and it's fun to have them work their way up through the skills. The content and clothing are great for my play style even when I'm not playing vampires so it's definitely worth it for me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    Me and my friend share our account and when she bought it I was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol I mean if you’re into that sort of stuff then you’ll like it, but I don’t like the vampire dude breaking into my house and biting my sims it’s a tad annoying lol