Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I had wisdom teeth survery on Wednesday so I been eatting for the last 2 days liquds. I moved to some chew-able soft food. And Next Wednesday Mom and I are off to Stratford, Ontario to see some plays.

@MadameLee Hope your mouth recovers soon. My husband had his wisdom teeth out a year ago and could only eat pudding and lukewarm soup for a week. What plays did you see?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey everyone... I am am kind of happy, kind of sad. Little one started his first official three hour afternoon preschool class today. He seemed fine, although less than thrilled about the other crying toddlers there with him. So I'm sure he's going to be ok but I am sort of at a loss right now. I'm so used to him being underfoot and part of me has been really looking forward to it. But now that its here I feel like time is moving really slowly and I kind of can't wait until its 2:30 and its time to drive down the street and pick him up.... I'll be ok and he'll be ok but its kind of difficult in this moment... going to write. Maybe I can channel this feeling into some good writing.

@TheAemaSimming aww... hugs. I was just talking to my bff yesterday about the first time my parents left me anywhere. I don't really remember it but I've been told stories about how they dropped me off at day care (I think I was 3) and I wandered off and found Elmo and I was fine, but my mom wasn't ready to let me go. I took her hand off me to grab Big Bird and said bye. It was emotional for her. I always find writing to be therapeutic. Hope you get some good writing in.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I love this personalities conversation. I flip flop between F and T. I find it's helpful for a variety of situations and makes me versatile. In difficult situations, I can keep focused on tasks at hand, push through, and find an efficient solution, and in relational situations, I can sympathize and empathize with others and diffuse difficult situations. The problem comes when I need to switch between the two. Sometimes I can be all business and work. Sometimes I'm too emotional and it makes me anxious. It's a strange sort of thing, but I've learned to accept who I am as I've grown older.

Funny thing... Kass is very similar. In fact, like me, she can be very much in her head, cutting herself off from emotions as she tries to find a logical solution, but sometimes she opens the floodgates and feels too much, too fast, clouding her judgment but it allows her an ocean of empathy and makes her a good listener. Her character is fascinating for me to write because she's like an expression and exploration of my inner younger self.

Edit: That's probably why writing Gage is fascinating. He's impulsive and emotional and Kass can be too but for different reasons. The difference between them is Gage doesn't cut himself off from his emotions, for better or worse, and his emotions shape his decisions. Sometimes he's rash and harsh because of this, and sometimes he's capable of enormous compassion and caring. Kass allows her thoughts to dictate her decisions. Sometimes she makes quick decisions because she just says and how does what she's thinking without thought to emotional consequences, but it keeps her keenly alert and aware in tricky situations as she processes details quickly and is highly intuitive.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm here just quiet. yesterday was kind of cool. by the time i got my only break i only had 10 minutes left in my day. and since my break was late i couldn't clock in or out for it. so i just waited out the time. til i could clock out. because my break was 4:30 to 4:40. i get off at 4:45. so there was no real point to clocking in again and i couldn't because of the late break.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    sissy it is 4 years we knew each other. just logged in to my 4th aniversary badge. :)

Yay! Happy Know-Each-Other-Versary! :)

want to hear something i can't rember what i repleed to jes but auuto correct turned a word to nut. maybe she'll laugh and forget to kill me.

Are you calling Jes a nut, when you meant to call her nice? Dang auto correct! (Or was it Freudian auto correct ? )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    WordPress hates me. My revision button is missing. It just deleted a huge draft and replace the entire thing with the letter r, and the app says I have no site and no one that I'm following.

Help?

Eeks ! Oh,no! Did you get it straightened out? Maybe try on computer , not mobile ?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So, I shared a pic of Dani, my aromantic sim and said I was probably going to make them Connor's roommate. Er, change of plans. They're actually Connor's partner, who's been on a really long business trip and that's why they weren't there before. Fortunately for Dani, Connor also is pretty close to being aromantic so they're both good.
    Random pic of them hanging out...
    tumblr_pdcszmOsUN1wv47k8o2_1280.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I had wisdom teeth survery on Wednesday so I been eatting for the last 2 days liquds. I moved to some chew-able soft food. And Next Wednesday Mom and I are off to Stratford, Ontario to see some plays.

@MadameLee Hope your mouth recovers soon. My husband had his wisdom teeth out a year ago and could only eat pudding and lukewarm soup for a week. What plays did you see?

@AdamsEve1231 you mean what Plays I will be seeing (we are not leaving till Wednesday)? The Tempest, The Rocky Horror Show, Julius Caesar, To Kill a Mockingbird and Music Man.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/they-were-there-for-us-now-its-our-turn

note i kinda went ff on what cathtea calls a tagent so this is just the first part.
  • Options
    sissy it is 4 years we knew each other. just logged in to my 4th aniversary badge. :)

Yay! Happy Know-Each-Other-Versary! :)

want to hear something i can't rember what i repleed to jes but auuto correct turned a word to nut. maybe she'll laugh and forget to kill me.

Are you calling Jes a nut, when you meant to call her nice? Dang auto correct! (Or was it Freudian auto correct ? )

i think it was supposed to be not. i was telling her about the talk we had about her stories.
  • Options

@AdamsEve1231 you mean what Plays I will be seeing (we are not leaving till Wednesday)? The Tempest, The Rocky Horror Show, Julius Caesar, To Kill a Mockingbird and Music Man.

@MadameLee Wow... what's the occasion? That's a lot of awesome plays. My middle school did Music Man. It's a favorite of mine. To Kill a Mockingbird is a great book. I didn't realize it was a play. And I'm always a fan of Shakespeare.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@MadameLee Wow... what's the occasion? That's a lot of awesome plays. My middle school did Music Man. It's a favorite of mine. To Kill a Mockingbird is a great book. I didn't realize it was a play. And I'm always a fan of Shakespeare.

@AdamsEve1231 Mom and I like seeing plays (and in Toronto alone we seen four plays so far- Annie, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked and King and I . My province has this town name Stratford, Ontario (obviously named after Stratford-on-Avon, and there's a river(?) in the town which is called the Avon) and each summer they have a "Theatre Festival" which now officially is called the "Shakespeare Festival" and it runs from May-early Nov(?). Mom and I been going since 2010-last Monday was an anniversary of a silly thing which happened 8 years ago on that day as well as a holiday for Ontario. We did take Dad a couple of times but now it's just her and I again. Stratford, Ontario start had to do with railroads but after something (can't remember what) they needed to find a new "thing" and someone a student (Tom Patterson?) was trying to decide on wether to do hockey or to do Theatre stuff and they decided on a theatre festival and since about 1952 they been having a theatre festival since. They do different ones every year-and-most of the actors have at least 2 roles in 2 different plays.

I seen at least one big-name Canadian actor on stage-and back in 2010 Mom and I saw a different version of The Tempest and Christopher Plummer (Captain Von Trap from The Sound of Music) was playing Prospero (Plummer is a Canadian). This year's version Prospero is being played by a woman. And in The Music Man the titular character is being played by a Black person. The titular character in JC is also being played by a woman. (Both actors in The Tempest and JC are Canadians) Not just Canadians actors even though those are becoming more common before my time- Maggie Smith been down there, as did the late Alec Guinness (I think my maternal grandparents saw him play Henry in one of the Henry plays in either 1953 or 1954/55 in the original tent which has now been replaced by a Festival Theatre which looks similar to the tent). The Festival theatre incorporates the ideas of The Global Theatre in England as well as Greek amphitheatres and Roman's arenas- basically the only place well you can see 3 different ideas in once place. Each year there's some kind of "theme" for the festival this year all the plays deal with "Freedom" of some kind.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! Here's the newest chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 31: Clues and Smiles
    JagzLNM.jpgK

Sonny and Id have a heart-to-heart. It's more informative than either of them thought.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Well well! Hellooooo everyone!!!

You all had better run for your lives because the Lounge is probably going to cave in now that I've come back out to play. LOL! I dropped off the face of the planet over the past year and I do apologize for that. It's been a very interesting year, to say the least. Some has been great while other parts were quite tumultuous.

I retired my old guide dog, Caleb. Some might remember me talking about him. I did this last September and trained for a new one. Caleb's arthritis was getting to where he was slowing down quite a lot and began developing cataracts. He's still with us and is living a happy life. :) He turned 11 in February. My new Golden boy turned 2 in May. His name, get this, is Alexander Graham Bell (we call him Alex for short). :D On a sadder note, we lost our pet dog, Turbo, in december due to a cancerous tumor in his right nostril. :(

I'm sad to say I have't even touched my stories in probably close to a year I've been...well...disillusioned...for a while. It's nothing anyone did here - it was just something I had to deal with. It mainly stemmed from losing my partnership on my Sims YouTube channel when YT decided they were going to create chaos and change up the whole partnership thing. I think it boiled down to the fact that I wasn't getting the viewership I once got and while I worked hard creating content for Sins 3 there, I never once got a thank you or anything from the powers-that-be at EA. I quit playing any Sims for quite a long time although I kept up with the newest patches and content, I'm just now getting back into playing and have played Sims 4 quite a bit lately. So yeah, I just had to move on and just realize I have to enjoy the games on a more personal level rather than focusing on the cons of being an unrecognized content creator. In the meantime, I've been growing my other YouTube channel where I make coloring videos, journaling and fountain pen content, and shopping hauls. :) That's going well but I'm definitely feeling the void of not being here with you all. Sooo, if y'all want me to hang out here again as often as I can, I'm here.

Along with that, we've had some personal family issues to deal with. I won't go into the ins and outs of it but I'll just say that things are kinda settled in that department. The daughter moved out so we're now empty nesters. We're now converting what was her bedroom into a craft room for me.

As for my stories, I'm definitely going to be getting back into them. However, I've created a rather large project for myself in regard to my story, Forever in Time. I've decided to transfer it to my Wordpress blog. However, it wont be a bulk transfer. I'm going to be reworking a lot of it. There are sins I no longer have access to and I feel that it has the potential to jeopardize my story because of it. Therefore, I'm going to be completely overhauling some family history, which means I have to rework a lot of the posts to reflect that. Plus, there are some continuity issues I need to fix and ways I can certainly improve things. I want this story to be my magnum opus for the SimLit world ad I know I won't be happy unless I do some readjusting. So as long as I'm doing that, I'll be moving it to my Wordpress blog.

this will also affect my other stories, "Another World" and "As Tears Go By" in small ways. This means I'll probably have to rewrite some chapters (my stories cross over somewhat frequently) but that's OK. I may or may not move them to Wordpress blogs - I just haven't gotten that far in making that decision.

Naturally, we've been busy with our Lions Club stuff, which is always a given. And that's my update. I hope you all are doing well and that life is treating you kindly.

*sneaks quietly back into corner and protects head from cave-in* :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale welcome back!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hey everyone... I am am kind of happy, kind of sad. Little one started his first official three hour afternoon preschool class today. He seemed fine, although less than thrilled about the other crying toddlers there with him. So I'm sure he's going to be ok but I am sort of at a loss right now. I'm so used to him being underfoot and part of me has been really looking forward to it. But now that its here I feel like time is moving really slowly and I kind of can't wait until its 2:30 and its time to drive down the street and pick him up.... I'll be ok and he'll be ok but its kind of difficult in this moment... going to write. Maybe I can channel this feeling into some good writing.

@TheAemaSimming aww... hugs. I was just talking to my bff yesterday about the first time my parents left me anywhere. I don't really remember it but I've been told stories about how they dropped me off at day care (I think I was 3) and I wandered off and found Elmo and I was fine, but my mom wasn't ready to let me go. I took her hand off me to grab Big Bird and said bye. It was emotional for her. I always find writing to be therapeutic. Hope you get some good writing in.

Thanks @AdamsEve1231 I will fully admit I sat at my computer trying to write and not doing anything I just kept glancing at the clock. But he did great and we go again tomorrow and I'm fully going to embrace the change. I have two hours each day to do something! I'm going to seize it!
  • Options

Thank you. :)
  • Options

Thank you. :)

@sweetnightingale you're welcome.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Thanks @AdamsEve1231 I will fully admit I sat at my computer trying to write and not doing anything I just kept glancing at the clock. But he did great and we go again tomorrow and I'm fully going to embrace the change. I have two hours each day to do something! I'm going to seize it!

@TheAemaSimming did you see my big post last night when I mention about my course/college business?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi @sweetnightingale I don't think we've met. I'm Cog. :)
  • Options
    @simscognito - No, I don't believe we have met. It's so nice to meet you. :)
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @sweetnightingale Hi! I wasn't around before you left, but welcome back! :)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale Hi! I wasn't around before you left, but welcome back! :)

Thanks so much! I figured there would be a lot of new folks so welcome. :) I hope you're finding this a nice place to be.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2020
    New chapter, "Dark Offer" is now posted. Enjoy.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top