Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know what to do with U.F.O. Fruit from Space and Flowers?

I can´t decorate with them or let my Sims eat the fruit and I can´t put it ino fridge. Do they have a special purpose? Another question: I can´t graft daisies and strawberries together to get the Dragonfruit. It always resets the Sim. Is there a patch/bug fix for this?

Comments

• nottehhugboxnottehhugbox Posts: 11 New Member
    I was wondering the exact same thing about the u.f.o fruit. I've also maxed out my sims cooking but can't find a recipe that calls for cherries or pomegranates so now I've just got a ton of those fruits in my sim's inventory.
  • UDLMUDLM Posts: 49 Member
    For the grafting of daisies and strawberries; I read that it's a current bug. (Yay.)

I don't have a clue about the UFO plant either. If anyone finds out, please advise!
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not daisies you graft to get a dragon fruit, you get dragon fruit from the highest quality plant and it's random then when you have a dragon fruit you then graft snap dragon flower with a dragon fruit to get a cow plant berry, but you can get a dragon fruit from any kind of maxed quality plant aka Magnificent quality and as far as I know there is no function as of yet for space fruit or the trash fruit
    Note you use the pomegranates in Gourmet cooking recipes
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    @snootypatooty: Thank you for clarifying (I am not a Native English Speaker, so I got confused with the Walkthroughs on the web. :-)
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    Not sure if you're still confused about grafting but carl's sims 4 guide (you can google it) has info about everything the game has to offer. You can get dragonfruit relatively early now by grafting snapdragons onto strawberries. You only need level 5 gardening skill now (was previously level 7.) The most efficient way to earn fast simoleons with gardening is to graft your high quality plants onto tomatoes or strawberries with base game or fireleaf if you have Outdoor Retreat as the growth time is only 24 hours for the former and 18 hours for the latter. 10 plants of strawberries and dragonfruit can net you from $1000-$10000 a day depending on the quality. U.F.O fruit can be grafted onto another plant as well and any quality plant that you graft onto another plant will copy it's quality (a normal lemon grafted onto a pristine tomato will increase the lemons quality to pristine as well.) Another good combo is to graft dragonfruit onto snapdragons so you're getting roughly 2-4 dragonfruit and cowplant berries every 24-30 hours. Cowplant berries sell for a lot, especially if you have the patience to plant a bunch and sell them when they grow.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In my current household I have 8 perfect UFO plants that yield between $9600 and APX. $19000 about every 3 days. If my Sim weeds them everyday and the plants have fertilizer they do better I my Sim gets the higher amount. My Sim can let the plants go about 3 days because they do not need water and get the lower amount. I have never had any problems with grafting. I do not use mods.

Where is the plant you are grafting? Put in on the ground and if it's to close to the edge of the property I run into problems planting but it might be the same for grafting. Dragon fruit has to have one space from other plants.
    Some plants need more room. Some fruit trees are the same way. If they are to close they will get moved to the household inventory.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    That's weird. I'm sure I used to be able to put them in the fridge and make recipes with them. They were just a fruit. Haven't used it in a while, but from the sounds of it, if it no longer works that way, I'd say GTW and its patches had something to do with the change.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • RageRage Posts: 1 New Member
    You can make alien cream tarts with the cupcake factory, I think you need lvl 10 baking for it though.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Rage wrote: »
    You can make alien cream tarts with the cupcake factory, I think you need lvl 10 baking for it though.

Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    It is kind and thoughtful of you to post the helpful suggestion to use the UFO plant in cooking. You do need to be level 10 in baking to cook it in the cupcake machine.
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Strawberries and Daisies don't make Dragonfruit, they make Bonsai Buds, which allow you to grow Bonsai Trees. You get the same result grafting Grapes and Roses. Draonfruit is made by grafting Strawberry and Snapdragon. Pomegranates aren't called for specifically in a recipe but can be used randomly when selecting a recipe that calls for "Any Fruit". For those interested in making Death Flowers, here's the simplest way to get them. Graft the following... Apple + Cherry = Pomegranate... Lily + Snapdragon = Orchid... Then graft the Orchid & Pomegranate to get Death Flowers. Easy peasy. I currently have over 200 Perfect Death Flowers and I've been playing less than a month. My Sims will never die! Bwahahaha!
    lol:
    9ndehwc.png
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Would like to add that if you have City Living, dragonfruit plants can often be found in the planters during festivals. They can also be fished from a certain location, but can't recall where exactly.
  • RealJerryBotRealJerryBot Posts: 1 New Member
    You can plant the U.F.O Fruit. And I have a feeling it will turn you into an Alien just like the Forbidden Fruit turns you into a PlantSim.
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Nothing special happens but you can sell it for a pretty good price
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2018
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    Nothing special happens but you can sell it for a pretty good price

That's not true with all of them. You can actually use the UFO fruit and the porcupine fruit in recipes that call for fruit. Also you can eat the fang flower.
    You can plant the U.F.O Fruit. And I have a feeling it will turn you into an Alien just like the Forbidden Fruit turns you into a PlantSim.

No it doesn't. I wish it would but it does not only forbidden fruit turns them into a plant sim or cheats.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

The best use I've found for the U.F.O. (Unidentified Fruit Object) is as a high-quality fertilizer, especially Perfect ones. Those, and Perfect Cowplant Berries have a major impact on plant development, especially now, with the changes they made to Gardening since releasing Seasons.
    9ndehwc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's not daisies you graft to get a dragon fruit, you get dragon fruit from the highest quality plant and it's random then when you have a dragon fruit you then graft snap dragon flower with a dragon fruit to get a cow plant berry, but you can get a dragon fruit from any kind of maxed quality plant aka Magnificent quality and as far as I know there is no function as of yet for space fruit or the trash fruit
    Note you use the pomegranates in Gourmet cooking recipes

UFO Fruit is a required ingredient in the Alien Fruit Tarts recipe under the Baking category (I forget what level it pops up on the list). Or you can just sell them.

According to Carl's guide, you graft strawberry with snapdragon to get the dragonfruit. You can also sometimes get it from fishing. Grafting in general seems to be bugged since the gardening overhaul so hopefully that will get fixed in a future patch.

As for necroposting, since new members have to wait a while before they can post new topics, it makes sense that they find a topic close to their specific issue no matter how old it is. And there have been a lot of gardening issues after the overhaul. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    The grafting DOES seem buggy. I'm having a bit of trouble with it myself. I've grafted twice and the plants don't seem to want to produce the 3rd product, or are doing so very slowly. I'm sure they'll fix it. It's a major mechanic and they probably have already gotten quite a few comments about it.
    As for the side topic, I had only first heard of necroposting at all reading the comment I replied to. It seems silly to gripe if the poster isn't being malicious or inappropriate. If the administration has a problem with it, they can message the person who did it and sort it out. I didn't "exhume" this thread, but it looks like it's significant enough that others have multiple times. It's really not up to the average poster to try to police others for benign activity, and it makes them look bad when they do the exact thing they're criticizing someone for. I don't even always look at the date. I do a Google search for a Sims 4 topic, and it sometimes leads me here. I read what others have said and comment if I have something to add, not taking date into account. I never knew it made any matter until today.
    9ndehwc.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member

I think I'm hungry because that sounds delicious!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I use a mod that enables the cupcake machine recipes to be made in the regular oven -- I can't have the machine in my homes because my Sims get obsessed with it. :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    @stilljustme2 - That mod sounds useful. I like the whole cupcake thing but the machine is massive and not worth putting in any but the largest houses. Most people IRL use their oven to bake cupcakes, I don't see why it needed a special machine that's as big as most Sims' bathrooms. Same goes for that ridiculous microscope. To accommodate that monstrosity, I usually just build a basement lab. Some things that used to be small, like telescopes, just got ridiculous, and people need microscopes and telescopes for collectibles. Making them that big, discourages their use. What the heck were they thinking? They put all that time and effort into designing and programming in these collections but make the gear you need to get them so big you don't want to put them on your lot. A bit self-defeating, I think.
    9ndehwc.png
  • TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I know I'm hilariously late to the party but I love the UFO plant. All my Sims will happily eat it and I keep a stash of them in every Sim's pocket for emergency hunger. 😊
  • PrebegPrebeg Posts: 4 New Member
    If you have the canning station mod, you can make UFO fruit jam