Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid Problem

2...Next

Comments

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Mikezumi I used to feel that way too. But then I just kept getting simpoints from the sponsored ads and finding great deals using the CYS and MMAO and the next thing I knew I owned the whole store.

Now that I've got a new computer I'm slowly installing store content that I actually want. I think some of it might not ever see the light of day again. :D But it's nice to know I have it if I want it.
    giphy.gif

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @KATENESS I never would have thought of that! You are so right that it's better to have it than not even if you don't use it! I might have to get the rest over time! I have plenty of simpoints and enough money to top up so it won't be an issue.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't own or even want the entire store and have more content than I could possibly know what to do with already. But my request would be to pass such a generous offer on to someone who really does need more content or whose day would be brightened by such a gesture. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm a bit fuzzy on this myself, but I believe that the homeless NPC mermaids are part of the service pool and its size can be altered using NRaas Register. Four does sound about right for a default size. The game I have loaded up right now has no service mermaids, but that's not surprising since it's Dragon Valley, so the option isn't showing.

Resident sims can also have the occult state though, much like any other.

If you add a dive lot to the world you'll probably get some mermaids.
    edited July 2018
    Something very interesting (to me) just happened while I was recording video for my promised video on fixing the mermaid scale problem.

I started a new game and added all four of the Isla Paradiso mermaids, Triton King, Mia Azul, Maya Ocean and Salty Seaworth, to my household. I had Mia Azul under the ocean so I could fix her scales while she was under water (this isn't necessary you can do it on land if you want to) and while she was swimming around with her scaly legs and no tail she was looking at coral and pink hearts floated up. I wondered why she was so happy with the coral when a new mermaid appeared and he had his tail. So he is game generated. It seems only the four Triton, Maya, Salty and Mia have the scale problem. I thought it was a problem with Isla Paradiso but now it seems it is just the four main IP mermaids and if you add them to an active household the game will generate a new mermaid and that mermaid will have scales and a tail. It is the default colour but it is scales and a tail.

New_Mermaid001.jpg
    I've run into two of the other mermaids and both of them have their tales. So I think it's fixed! :)

But I've got another question for you, @Karritz. How do your mermaids travel anywhere around town? Because mine is swimming everywhere and it's taking foreverrrrrrr. I have made her go on land and then told her to go somewhere and she'll take a taxi then. But I don't want to babysit her to make sure she's not taking the longest way possible to get somewhere. I even ended up cheating and teleporting her back home once. :D
    giphy.gif

@Kateness I had a vague idea I'd seen a mermaid in a boat and I finally remembered when and what happened. It was in my Isla Paradiso Bunch video when Haley met up with Salty in Mermaid Grotto and he invited her to the Mermaid Secret Island. They both went up to the surface and Salty jumped into the boat with Haley. When they got to the Island Salty reset and Haley had to wait for him to swim all the way from wherever he'd reset to. It took a while. It's in the video but I don't remember which one it was in the first set of videos while they were still trying for the Isla Paradiso Badges. In the end they didn't get the badges and I suspect it was due to the household having more than one sim in it.

But other than that I've never seen a mermaid do anything other than swim. It's super annoying. If I'm playing with mermaids as the main thing I tend often put them on the fast Ultra Speed to get to where they're going. But they often take all day to get there. Having had that complain they are fun to have and very pretty if you've got a few with different coloured tails. I tend to have them living close to where I am most likely to want them to swim to. But it still takes a long time for them to get where they are going.
    Huh. Well it's good to know it's not just my sim's new wife being weird. I guess if I'm super annoyed by it I will just teleport her for long distances. o:)
    giphy.gif

I've finally got the video done to show how to fix the mermaid scales and tails yourself. I'll post it when it has loaded to YouTube.
    This is the link to the video with the process and numbers for the scale colours of all four of the Isla Paradiso mermaids. It also shows how to fix them using Master Controller and the mirror.

https://youtu.be/0fOyiUBcRv4

Thanks Karritz! I'll give it a go when I get to play again. And I'll try to get some pictures too. B)
    giphy.gif

Just thought I would give an update, finally. All my mermaids have tails again and I played around with Mia's tail colors.
    k4NHtd5.jpg

And then this happened while she was diving:
    C2cgiNO.jpg
    She was pregnant but never got the moodlet. I was wondering if it was because she was underwater and didn't get to do the spin into her maternity clothes. But the baby was born just fine a few days later. Although I'm going to have to try again because she had a human. I wanted a mermaid baby! Wah! :'(

And who doesn't like to read their tablet while standing in the ocean? :D
    LsCdXj3.jpg

giphy.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Karritz wrote: »
    I have this problem too. I've described it and my solution in some of my mermaid videos. The thing I do is I use Master Controller to remove and then add the mermaid occult to them. This gives them the default scales - purple for female and blue for males. When they get out of the water and back in again they get their tails.

I've got the correct scale colours written down somewhere. I'll post them for you later if you want them.
    @Karritz I'd really appreciate the correct scale colours! Have the same problem.

p.s. Sorry, had just read page one, found the video, thanks!!
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top