Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyone knows the bait for angler fish and piranha?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I'm trying to complete angling ace aspiration. I caught everything but 2 fishes, anger fish and piranha. I tried every baits but didn't work at all. I tried the small pond nearest mine cave in Oasis Springs park, all over Willow creek park, the river in Oasis springs near Caliente house, Sivan Glade, Forgotten Grotto and some other fish spots in Willow Creek. No piranha, No angler..bad luck..:( Please help..

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Have you checked with The Sims Community, Carl’s Sims, and The Sims VIP. To see where the best spots for those fish are and the time of day that is best for catching them? They probably can tell you what kind of bait would be best too.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    There is a PDF you can open from Carl's site that shows a list of fish that can be found at each fishing spot. It's a bit difficult to read, but it lists exactly what each spot will generate.

Both the fishing spots in Sylvan Glade have the angler, but only one has the piranha. The PDF noted above is a bit mismatched with the names on the lists for the Glade, but I believe it's the pond that has both. (The pond doesn't have a fishing sign, you just click on it to fish.) You'll know you've got the right one if you get the 'definitive' candle sculpture or a pomegranate; you've got the one with just the angler if you get a voodoo doll or 'no place like gnome' sign.

There is also a spot at the far north end of the Oasis Springs park that has both. (It's the right one if you get a guitar or pomegranate.)

According to Carl's list, the best bait for both is medium-sized fish like bass and catfish.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2018
    @SheriSim57 , @invisiblgirl

Thanks for advices. I always go to Carl's site for getting lots of informations there. Yes I knew medium sized fish will be the best bait for them but strangely, caught bass using bass as a bait, caught minnow using catfish as a bait...T_T Also he gets 5 chests and 1 fish for 6 times of catching. I really don't know why he keeps mostly catch chests instead of fishes..? I got 2 violins, 2 snapdragon and 1 cowberry seed. yes I tried the 2 small ponds as well but no luck..T_T I know where you are talking about the far north end of the Oasis springs. I enjoy there usually but no luck either.. That's why I'm asking a question here. My sim is a vampire. Oh yea I also haven't caught a sturgeon either. No sturgeon in Forgotten Grotto, the pond near the mine in oasis springs park and sylvan glade as well.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Thanks for advices. I always go to Carl's site for getting lots of informations there. Yes I knew medium sized fish will be the best bait for them but strangely, caught bass using bass as a bait, caught minnow using catfish as a bait...T_T Also he gets 5 chests and 1 fish for 6 times of catching. I really don't know why he keeps mostly catch chests instead of fishes..? I got 2 violins, 2 snapdragon and 1 cowberry seed. yes I tried the 2 small ponds as well but no luck..T_T I know where you are talking about the far north end of the Oasis springs. I enjoy there usually but no luck either.. That's why I'm asking a question here. My sim is a vampire. Oh yea I also haven't caught a sturgeon either. No sturgeon in Forgotten Grotto, the pond near the mine in oasis springs park and sylvan glade as well.

Some fish just don't want to be caught. When I was trying to complete my collection, I got loads of anglers and quite a few piranhas, but couldn't get the skeleton fish.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Dynamite.
    Hmmm...I wonder if there's a mod for that?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Some fish just don't want to be caught. When I was trying to complete my collection, I got loads of anglers and quite a few piranhas, but couldn't get the skeleton fish.

Yes that's what I felt while fishing! I've never caught a skeleton fish either. I wish to get exact bait list for each collectable fishes like TS3.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I know time of day matters for some insects at Granite Falls. I’m not sure about fish, but you might try different times during the day and night.
    @SheriSim57 Thank you. I will try your suggestion.:)