Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch and Livestream Today) (Patch Now live)

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

Open neighborhood is already ruled out as unlikely to ever happen in TS4 by SimGuruGrant.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

Open neighborhood is already ruled out as unlikely to ever happen in TS4 by SimGuruGrant.
    Agreed
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

That isn't really speculation, it's just a list of things you want.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

Sadly I don't see cars happening either this month even though SimGuruGrant said they were possible a while back.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping they fix the bug with the Seasons Christmas Tree being too close to the wall. When this happens decorations don't appear on the tree. Hope that's fixed in this months patch.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

That isn't really speculation, it's just a list of things you want.

She's speculating that the patch is things she wants. :p
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

Sadly I don't see cars happening either this month even though SimGuruGrant said they were possible a while back.

I don’t expect cars to be patched in for free at all. In TS2 you had to buy Nightlife to get cars. In TS3 the base game cars were merely used for transportation / they were not animated at all. For a proper car you had to buy Roaring Heights. TS4 cars are going to be like TS2/Roaring Heights cars, not TS3 base game cars.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited August 2018
    Swimable water as in the water at the beach or the other water bodies. I would love that.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    How about bug fixes... a lot of them, maybe?

I'd be more accepting of the new ugly gallery if they fixed Sims walking through things, still walking to a location when you cancel it, and having my Sim be extremely cantankerous when it comes to feeding a toddler. I want them IN THE CHAIR. Stop taking them out.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A way to swim in the oceans, springs, and rivers...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Well we know one bug fix that will be in the upcoming patch

I've been really lucky and havnt had this issue. Glad people are getting a fix though.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Hopefully some objects with new gameplay (e.g. pool tables or urinals).
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers

I don’t expect cars to be patched in for free at all. In TS2 you had to buy Nightlife to get cars. In TS3 the base game cars were merely used for transportation / they were not animated at all. For a proper car you had to buy Roaring Heights. TS4 cars are going to be like TS2/Roaring Heights cars, not TS3 base game cars.

Why not the best of both worlds though? :o Toddlers in TS4 were patched in for free, but they're way better than the ones in TS2 and TS3. The update was practically a free game pack. Since it's been almost 4 years without cars and we don't have an open world, I'd expect proper working cars closer to the ones in TS2, regardless of how they return. That's if they even come back at all, however.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Here we go again
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cars
    Preteen
    Open neighborhood
    Strollers
    And babies untied from the crib.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Karon wrote: »

I've learned not to expect anything grand with every "content update" these days. All they've been are tears and disappointments.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope it's some good stuff.

I don't see cars being in a patch. I think they will be in a pack that a player can decide to buy or not to buy.

But yay for patch day.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I hope it's some good stuff.

I don't see cars being in a patch. I think they will be in a pack that a player can decide to buy or not to buy.

But yay for patch day.

Dhrm5IQXkAAnBnF.jpg
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Maybe we might get bunk beds as my sim keeps having a thought bubble of them.
  • Options
    Tan80 wrote: »
    Maybe we might get bunk beds as my sim keeps having a thought bubble of them.

That's been in the game for 4 years now.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd take a GOOD STUFF pack if it included good stuff I wish we'd get like urinals, toilet stalls, pool tables, ping pong tables, vending machines, ceiling fans, sliding doors, bunk beds, ladders, and a few other things.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Can toddler high chairs make it to the list? I’m hoping, praying, rain dancing, and sacrificing goats for this. My Sims continue to automatically remove toddlers after placing them down to eat. At this point, its purpose is purely aesthetic :#

I stopped even adding them to my houses completely. Now all my kitchens/dining rooms have a sofa or an arm chair so the toddlers can eat and chat to the family while eating and they don't sit on the floor or go to another room.

Edit: I predict/hope a lot of bug fixes and maybe more gallery updates (such as being able to choose the screenshots and/or more filters to look for stuff)

ahhh that is good idea to add an armchair for the toddler to sit in. Seriously EA, fix the high chair. This bug has been in the game for far too long.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I hope the picture on Simsvip is hinting at body hair!
  • Options
    lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    I think we'll get a couple of new CAS assets, maybe something in build based on the SimGuru tweets but i wouldn't expect more than a couple of assets to be added; I think this is going to be a small update in terms of new things.
    Importantly the screenshot bug will be fixed!