Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day

Can Sims do laundry on community lots? I created a modern city laundry mat. I took my guy to do some wash, but all he can do is upgrade. My daughter suggested a shower in the basement to gain dirty clothes, no good. Are my dreams of city dwellers in fresh garments all washed up? :)

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In the Laundry Day stream, they said that dirty clothes will never be generated on community lots, but you can put dirty clothes at home in your inventory to wash at a laundromat
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2018
    What icmnfrsh said. I think you’ll have to have Sims generate some dirty laundry and then take it along.
    Don’t forget to try loading it into the machine by clicking on the laundry pile (rather than the machine) if you are still having no luck.
    And then you still need to click the machine to “wash” the loaded laundry.

It took me a while to figure out how to do it at my Sims home.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2018
    Have they changed it so that clothes from the hamper can be placed into inventory? It didn't work when I tried it long ago, so I installed a mod to do it and another that charges a fee on community lots.

Your sim will be the only one doing laundry, though. However, random sims are quick to turn the washer on for you, even if the clothes are already clean, so watch out for that.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411944173/small-laundry-overhaul-a-small-overhaul-for-the
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm using LittleMsSam's mod, but that doesn't fix the needing clothes in inventory. :( never mind Shower creates hamper clothing...got it
    Post edited by yagwit on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Have they changed it so that clothes from the hamper can be placed into inventory? It didn't work when I tried it long ago, so I installed a mod to do it and another that charges a fee on community lots.

Your sim will be the only one doing laundry, though. However, random sims are quick to turn the washer on for you, even if the clothes are already clean, so watch out for that.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411944173/small-laundry-overhaul-a-small-overhaul-for-the

Nope. I tested it out when this was posted, and you can't take laundry out the hamper without a washing machine or wash tub.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Maybe a dumb question, but how does one get dirty laundry? Have yet to see any. Not even 7 days in the jungle generated any when sim got home. Before anyone asks, no CC or mods.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe a dumb question, but how does one get dirty laundry? Have yet to see any. Not even 7 days in the jungle generated any when sim got home. Before anyone asks, no CC or mods.

Do you have your sims change their attire when on the home lot? Surely laundry will be created when changing into sleeping attire? I did of course also mention you must also place the hamper from the pack in order for laundry to generate, of course.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Attire changes, sleeping or otherwise have not generated laundry. Nobody has mentioned a laundry hamper. Was presuming the sims just dumped it onto the floor like everything else.