Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editable gallery descriptions

I would love the ability to be able to in and fix typos/mistakes, and in general, to be able to edit my descriptions on the gallery.

Comments

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    I don't use the gallery (at least not yet), so I did not know this wasn't a feature, but it definitely should be.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Would definitely be a great addition to the gallery.
    Not being able to add new tags to an already uploaded lot is frustrating me.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    This would be a nice feature. That way you don't have to remove it from the Gallery and re-upload it just to make changes to the description.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Would be nice. I would really love to add to the description for example that I updated the lot and uploaded the new version. I don't want to take the old one off the gallery, but people are still downloading it even though there is a better version out now.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited August 2018
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Would be nice. I would really love to add to the description for example that I updated the lot and uploaded the new version. I don't want to take the old one off the gallery, but people are still downloading it even though there is a better version out now.

Maybe you can leave a comment on it if you dont want to take it down. It may help a little. That's what I usually do.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've done exactly that with one of my builds, @Smoothleaf86 , yet the old version (whose description specifically states 'this build is more a proof of concept, waiting for the vampire pack to come out') is still downloaded twice as much as the updated version that actually uses the vampire pack
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i've done exactly that with one of my builds, @Smoothleaf86 , yet the old version (whose description specifically states 'this build is more a proof of concept, waiting for the vampire pack to come out') is still downloaded twice as much as the updated version that actually uses the vampire pack

Yes. That's one of the things I've faced too. Also, I'm not sure if people actually read the comments.
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Yeah, its frustrating, I've had to bite the bullet a few times and take it down to edit it. Maybe they do it that way so people cant update the hashtags to the trending ones all the time and rake in the downloads. If they were to change it maybe they could have a seperate spot for hashtags and the description. So you can edit the text but you cant do hashtags without losing your downloads and likes.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, it drives me crazy when I make a typo, or forget a hashtag.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Yeah. Would love this option also.