Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

outfits

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    other explain please
    for everyday outfits I have 5 versions. Whenever I get bored ore if a new pack comes out with cool & nice stuff, I change them.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited August 2018
    change daily at the dresser
    i change my fashion lover Sim's clothes every day (well, it's more like every 2-3 days, because i often forget, ha). everybody else, maybe once a week. they all have two everyday outfits, and one each for the remaining categories. so there's a little variety when they change after showering.

i use the mirror, not the dresser, though. maybe i should have voted for "other"... :blush:
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    keep same one or five all gameplay
    I hardly ever change mine, even when they age up - unless it's a ridiculous choice. But I'm pretty lazy when it comes to dressing my Sims lol.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    other explain please
    It depends on whether I'm going to play a Single family and invest myself long term in the save or not. Although sometimes it doesn't make sense for the game, for example I'm currently playing the Abandoned Kids Challenge (by @Xoxk9) and everyone has a single outfit for each category, though some of the pieces are reused (shoes for example) and the outfits have pieces that clash like they had to take whatever was available to them.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    other explain please
    I make up to 5 outfits but generally only deliberately change them when I want to, otherwise I leave it to the game to randomise
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    other explain please
    Usually make 3 to 5 outfits in most categories (usually leave it at one swimsuit and one fitness outfit).

Only ever change their clothes out at times when I think it's time for a change or a new pack comes out with some brand spankin' new clothes that might fit a certain sim. I know I give townies at least another outfit or so, just to change things up a bit.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Feather_Feather_ Posts: 4 New Member
    other explain please
    I make 2 outfits: for summer and winter. I keep it like that until they become an elder so make another elderly combinations for summer and winter :blush:
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I give them an outfit for every category, but I don't have them change into a different "every day outfit" ; they usually wear the same thing every day, sleep in the same pjs, work out in the same outfit and have an evening outfit. I don't have seven different evening gowns for every night of the week if they happen to go OUT every night to a place requiring a dressy outfit. Does that make sense? I think I'm confusing myself. LOL
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    other explain please
    Usual set up for a sims wardrobe: Everyday has 1 to 3 outfits. Formal has 1. Workout has 1. Sleep has 1 to 2. Party has 1. Swimwear has 1.5 (the .5 is the same outfit only with more accessories that you wouldn't want to wear in the pool e.g. sunhat and sandles) and... I play on PS4, so, no Seasonal options, yet.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I can spend an hour perfecting my Sim's look, and usually set one outfit per category. Some Sims get an additional outfit if their story requires it, but generally I treat them like cartoon characters and what they wear is what they wear. I'll update them for life changes like aging up, marriage, having children, or career switches, but often keep their original outfit as one of the extras for nostalgia. It bothers me when they auto-change into something that's not their main outfit!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    I keep it simple. I pick their outfits when the age up (to toddler, child, and teen) since the game has this weird love affair with glasses and sleepwear. From teen, they tend to keep the same outfits, but, once in a while, I will update the outfit or change it slightly, but never anything major.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • AcidJaneAcidJane Posts: 33 Member
    other explain please
    I give my Sims four or five everyday outfits but usually let them choose which one of them they want to wear each day. I really like to change up their hairstyles too. It really bothers me though if their day-to-day hairstyles aren't consistent (for instance, if one day they have bangs and the next day they don't.) I usually just give them one outfit for the other categories though. Tbh I kind of wish that the other categories (except swimwear and sleepwear) didn't exist, and that they would just wear their everyday stuff to special events unless I told them otherwise.
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    other explain please
    For my legacy family I do 3+ outfits per category except for formal and athletic because they don't get used to much. I just let them change into them randomly. I will change them periodically if I'm just not happy with how they look or I just get bored with them.
  • megaluci00megaluci00 Posts: 32 Member
    I don't usually change outfits; what's more, I only use the daily, pijama and sports ones... My sims rarely go to a party. But what I indeed do is changing them when they age up, and I find it very satisfying.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    other explain please
    I change them upon aging up, or when I just feel the sim needs a new look. I'm quite indecisive and I modify them often.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SillyCharlieSillyCharlie Posts: 37 Member
    other explain please
    I change my sims outfits depending on the season or if they are going to an event like a wedding, dance party, etc.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I keep the same outfits until my Sims age up. (I have over 250 Sims. I use the clothes and hair to distinguish them from each other.)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I let them decide; whatever they change into after getting up/bathing is fine, unless it's not right for the weather/temperature.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    other explain please
    I definitely could not be bothered to change their outfits daily so I plan out a few and let them decide but will restyle as I see fit. CAS is by far my favorite part of the game.

Although with seasons I now give them season appropriate attire.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I change their outfits every time they age up, and then give them a small makeover every once in a while. They typically wear whatever the game puts them in after they shower or whatever.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    other explain please
    I usually had 4/5 outfits but I would change them occasionally or when a Sim aged up
    2UFyFUV.png

• Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I need to spend more time tweeking their wardrobes, accessories and hair for each category. I get impatient and in a hurry though and don't.
  • gingergirl_tgingergirl_t Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2018
    other explain please
    I only set 1-2 outfits per category. I change them whenever the mood strikes me -- because I'm bored or for story/character reasons -- but usually it's not that often. I do always adjust their wardrobes after they enter a new life stage.

I've finding with Seasons I change their everyday outfits more often, because your everyday clothes in summer would be quite different than in winter, even if it wasn't hot/cold enough to trigger the special outfits!
    It has begun again. http://gingergen.wordpress.com
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I typically have multiple outfits for each category from toddler up to elder. I occasionally switch out an outfit when I get bored of it or when I find something that suites that sim's personality.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    other explain please
    I make anywhere from 1 to 5 outfits per category, usually at least 2 everyday and sleepwear outfits and 1 for the others (generally 3 sleepwear outfits - 2 normal and 1 for *ahem* certain other purposes), and rotate between them when I or the game feel like it. Occasionally I'll switch outfits around when they age up, but that's more likely to be teen-YA or adult-elder than YA-adult (since I generally imagine, especially if I created them with kids, their style wouldn't change that much).
    Jacob_Banner.png