Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find the serial code number to install Sims 2?

2...Next

Comments

• SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Sephardic wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I recently received Sims 2. They came from a charity shop and are second hand. The DVD case is bulky with 4 disks inside but the manual seems to not be in there? Does it come with one? I got some packs on DVD as well, but they have serial codes on the booklets. Is there any way to receive a new code or is there no booklet for the DVD?

Many thanks!

Did you ever find a code for your DVD? TS2 has never required you to use the exact disk associated with a code to start the game. Example, if you broke a disc and though it had it's own key code, you could use a different disc to load the game. Like a friend's disc etc. The Eula allows for you to transfer any keycode to someone else as long as they no longer keep a copy of the game. Anyone with an old extra cd/disc can transfer you a code as long as they no longer use that old disc. 'Transfer of Licences' is legit in TS2 game.

I haven't had the time to email EA, the disks are in perfect condition, yet none of my friends have TS2. I may possibly buy a new and not used version soon if EA don't help. I've been dying to play TS2 since I first got it. It appears on the desktop library when putting it in the disk drive, but I can get up to the code bit...

I would highly suggest you contact EA with photos of the disks you currently own with a date of purchase. It would save you money in the long run getting Sims 2 UC and the wait time for snail mail delivery. Sims 2 UC is much lighter on the wallet though if you have purchased sims 2 UC on amazon you can contact an adviser but contacting EA would be a lot less painless.

So rather than the DVD that I purchased from the shop, can I actually buy TS2 UC on Amazon? What would I need to do to get TS2 UC via email to EA?

Sorry in advance for this, I've been a TS4 player, haven't experienced this stuff...

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I recently received Sims 2. They came from a charity shop and are second hand. The DVD case is bulky with 4 disks inside but the manual seems to not be in there? Does it come with one? I got some packs on DVD as well, but they have serial codes on the booklets. Is there any way to receive a new code or is there no booklet for the DVD?

Many thanks!

Did you ever find a code for your DVD? TS2 has never required you to use the exact disk associated with a code to start the game. Example, if you broke a disc and though it had it's own key code, you could use a different disc to load the game. Like a friend's disc etc. The Eula allows for you to transfer any keycode to someone else as long as they no longer keep a copy of the game. Anyone with an old extra cd/disc can transfer you a code as long as they no longer use that old disc. 'Transfer of Licences' is legit in TS2 game.

I haven't had the time to email EA, the disks are in perfect condition, yet none of my friends have TS2. I may possibly buy a new and not used version soon if EA don't help. I've been dying to play TS2 since I first got it. It appears on the desktop library when putting it in the disk drive, but I can get up to the code bit...

I would highly suggest you contact EA with photos of the disks you currently own with a date of purchase. It would save you money in the long run getting Sims 2 UC and the wait time for snail mail delivery. Sims 2 UC is much lighter on the wallet though if you have purchased sims 2 UC on amazon you can contact an adviser but contacting EA would be a lot less painless.

So rather than the DVD that I purchased from the shop, can I actually buy TS2 UC on Amazon? What would I need to do to get TS2 UC via email to EA?

Sorry in advance for this, I've been a TS4 player, haven't experienced this stuff...

@Sephardic You wouldn't buy TS2 UC. You would contact EA tell them you're having issues finding your serial code for one of your EP's. They may ask for photo proof of ownership of the Sims 2 (base game, EP, anything would work) or they may not. Once they establish (or take your word) of ownership, they'll give you the UC for free. It may take a few tries to get a rep that will do this, however, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it on the first try.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Many thanks!

@Sephardic You wouldn't buy TS2 UC. You would contact EA tell them you're having issues finding your serial code for one of your EP's. They may ask for photo proof of ownership of the Sims 2 (base game, EP, anything would work) or they may not. Once they establish (or take your word) of ownership, they'll give you the UC for free. It may take a few tries to get a rep that will do this, however, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it on the first try.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get my dad or someone to help me email EA later, as the live chat thing that others mentioned seems a little to hard for us. :)

• manugar0manugar0 Posts: 3 New Member
    It really shouldn't be too hard. I just had them give me TS2 UC. I told them through chat that I had 3 of TS2 packs but my new computer doesn't have a CD drive so I couldn't install them. I asked if I could have a digital copy of the 3 packs I owned. The guy asked me for pictures of the games and my Origin email. He then gave me TS2 UC even though I never asked for that one specifically (just deluxe, holiday stuff, and University, the ones I own).
    manugar0 wrote: »
    It really shouldn't be too hard. I just had them give me TS2 UC. I told them through chat that I had 3 of TS2 packs but my new computer doesn't have a CD drive so I couldn't install them. I asked if I could have a digital copy of the 3 packs I owned. The guy asked me for pictures of the games and my Origin email. He then gave me TS2 UC even though I never asked for that one specifically (just deluxe, holiday stuff, and University, the ones I own).

I'm going to do that later on this week, I have all the packs, they have the codes, but I feel like they won't work (bought from a charity shop).