Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC (Aveira) eyes don't work

Hi!

Finally after 6 yrs I'm a member and can start a thread on my own!

To the topic, I've downloaded and used eyes by Aveira on TSR (#3, #8 and #12 for example, #2 does work as it's supposed). They're the kind that take over EA's default eyes. They've worked perfectly fine until all of a sudden they just don't pop up in CAS. When I go into CAS the adult has the new eyes but when I age him/her down to toddler the eye colors disappear, even EA's default, and they're still gone when I age up again to any age. This happened in the middle between two updates (before the last one) so it's not because of that...

Does anyone know what the problem can be?

I may have forgotten any important details and my english isn't the best but I hope you understand what I mean :)

Comments

• Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited August 2018
    Do you have multiple defaults at the same time? You can only have one set of default replacement eyes at a time, since they replace the in game eyes, it doesn't add on any colours, so if you have multiple default replacement eyes, you're telling the game to replace the normal eyes with loads of different eyes and.. That doesn't work.

But, you can have multiple non default eyes which do not replace the in game eyes and simply add on to the number of eye colours in the eye colour menu. You can also use eyes under the facepaint category too if you want extra swatches, sims won't inherit them genetically though, it counts as makeup so you have to apply it to each outfit if you're using facepaint.

Edit: reread your post oops um do check the default replacement thing but the thing with the toddlers is probably because that set of default eyes hasn't been updated for the toddlers patch, perhaps?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    kittykaulitzkittykaulitz Posts: 74 Member
    No, I only tried one at a time to see if any of them work on their own but only 1 out of 4 did. I have one set of eyes in the facepaint category, which of course works, but I haven't found any I like more than Aveira's default.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Maybe you should download the eyes from her Tumblr. It looks like she has remade #3 and #8. https://aveirasims.tumblr.com/downloads
  • Options
    kittykaulitzkittykaulitz Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you! And thanks for the link to her page too! :smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Thank you! And thanks for the link to her page too! :smiley::smiley:

You're welcome, I hope it helps!