Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

Comments

• janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    Hello, I built a house recently but I want to switch towns. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to download the house I built so I can move it to a different town, if that's possible. Thank you.

This might be too late and I'm not sure which version of Sims you're playing, but in Sims 4 you go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and save the lot to your library. To access it you click on the gallery link (top right) and find "my stuff". Then you can place it on a vacant lot.
    Spiral staircases please!
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    This is great! Thanks so much! =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • simsstar1000simsstar1000 Posts: 4 New Member
    hi everyone , does anybody here know how , if possible in city living we can do a split level floor in an apartment
  • Irkie500Irkie500 Posts: 5 New Member
    hi everyone , does anybody here know how , if possible in city living we can do a split level floor in an apartment

I would imagine no since to my knowledge the existing apartments cannot be structurally modified(might be able to take down internal walls) in any way. A split level would require modification to the floor plan.

• klairabellaklairabella Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a program where I can take my own photos of my lots rather than using the game created ones. Will the Sims 3 options quoted work on Sims 4 too?
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a program where I can take my own photos of my lots rather than using the game created ones. Will the Sims 3 options quoted work on Sims 4 too?

Have you tried just doing a screen capture? You can't control the view, but it works. Just curious--why don't you like the in-game ones?

I don't have City Living, so I can't say for sure, but, from the speed builds I've seen on YouTube, you should be able to do that in a penthouse build.
  • klairabellaklairabella Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi Everyone,

Have you tried just doing a screen capture? You can't control the view, but it works. Just curious--why don't you like the in-game ones?

They don't seem to show the best views of the lot
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited April 2017
    @klairabella

Credit to @MiaSkywalker for passing this to me: Yes, the program is called Sims 3 UIC (Upload Image Changer). You can find it here.

Ah sorry, you said for Sims 4. That I don't know.
  • Mousy24Mousy24 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! I'm currently building a Japanese rural city in CAW, and there is just one thing missing to make my city more authentic... house name plates. I have been looking for Japanese house name plates in Sims 3 for a long time now (with no succes) and I see no other solution than to ask my fellow simmers for help. Does anyone know how to make something like this? I know photoshop well but not TS3... and I think you need a mesh to edit but I can't find a similar name plate to use. For reference please look at this: http://home.wlu.edu/~ujiek/hyousatsu.JPEG

I'm not sure where to post this so sorry if it's completely wrong ^^" I'm just so frustrated with not finding something like this to make my town better
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @mousy24 do you have World Adventures? There are some wall plates in the buydebug menu that might work. You can even add text to them when you 'read' the inscription, though that won't show up as part of the graphic.
  • Mousy24Mousy24 Posts: 3 New Member
    Not installed :s My computer can't really take to many EPs.. I found the perfect download today - for the Sims 2 ._.
    Is there an easy way to convert it to Sims 3? I know there is a way with TS3 etc. but I'm lazy and wouldn't mind going for an easier way first :)
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited July 2017
    Mousy24 wrote: »
    Not installed :s My computer can't really take to many EPs.. I found the perfect download today - for the Sims 2 ._.
    Is there an easy way to convert it to Sims 3? I know there is a way with TS3 etc. but I'm lazy and wouldn't mind going for an easier way first :)
    @Mousy24 There's no easy way to convert it http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofshadows/index.php?PHPSESSID=t2fjan7dg8ig826vfjvqb362u2&topic=22146.0
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • NirvanatjeNirvanatje Posts: 35 Member
    omg this is so helpfull for someone that doesent play that much
  • PxneapplePxneapple Posts: 22 Member
    Wow, thanks so much! A lot of these are gonna come in really handy. :D
    giphy.gif
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm not sure where to ask this, so I thought I'd try here. I am trying to build a multi-purpose retail space combining aspects of Into the Future for use in "Present day" Lunar Lakes. I have everything set except I can't find the Corteena Holo-Register anywhere in the catalog, even under buydebug. Any clues?

Nevermind. Found it.
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
    Is there some way to adjust the height of support beams? I'm building a house that is much too complicated for me to build and trying to do things much too complicated for me, but oh well! Now, I want to build stairs out the back of the house leading to the ground, but I don't want these floors to appear floating, is there some way I can get these support things to actually attack to the floors?
    I9qKKPO.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    ElijahKT wrote: »
    Is there some way to adjust the height of support beams? I'm building a house that is much too complicated for me to build and trying to do things much too complicated for me, but oh well! Now, I want to build stairs out the back of the house leading to the ground, but I don't want these floors to appear floating, is there some way I can get these support things to actually attack to the floors?
    I9qKKPO.jpg

Maybe you could build a wall around it and then use square or rounded arches.
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    As a relatively new Sims 3 player..just under 3 months..thank you for making this list. There is so much I still want to learn!
  • SimmortalitySimmortality Posts: 39 Member
    I recently made a tutorial on how to get rid of this ugly gap under outdoor stairs. Many may know it already, but maybe it helps someone! ;)

No gap under outdoor stairs tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5BWFaxYMo
    Visit Sonrisa on YouTube!
    Don't miss out on new Tutorials, Let's Plays and more!
  • europeandreamereuropeandreamer Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Simmortality said:
    > I recently made a tutorial on how to get rid of this ugly gap under outdoor stairs. Many may know it already, but maybe it helps someone! ;)
    >
    > No gap under outdoor stairs tutorial:

pretty useful, thanks, as i am building a modern slavic inspired world i needed that ^^
  • WayfaringButterflyWayfaringButterfly Posts: 7 New Member
    So I am trying to build my parent's house from the ground up...made a basement using the foundation as some had suggested that would be easier than trying to make stairs go through a foundation. I definitely wanted the foundation, though, for looks since their house has a stone foundation and basement. The problem is that I can't put stairs in from the foundation/basement up to the main floor. It simply says "Can't level terrain". I have leveled the terrain following the advice of many different youtube videos and threads, to no avail.

I am unsure why I can't do this. One thing that might affect that is that I created (through much pain and sorrow) upside down T shaped stairs going from the main floor to the second floor. Basically L shaped stairs that have a short staircase on either side before going up the long staircase to the second floor. Although I leveled everything after creating those, I have a feeling that affected my ability to place stairs from the basement to the main floor. With that said, I CAN place an elevator and a wall in the basement, so it is not a height thing. I am willing to tear down all the walls of my house (it is just a shell) and to do whatever it takes to make this work, EXCEPT rebuild those T shaped stairs. That took me all day to do and I'm not about to try again lol.

I have pictures but I'm too new here so I can't post them. Can anybody help me? Game is patched to the latest and I have Ambitions, Night Life and Pets installed.
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited October 2018
    @WayfaringButterfly To post pics you'll probably have to use a hosting site such as Flickr and just use the BBCode share links in your posts. You can delete all but the actual image link and [ img ] and [ /img ] tags(spaces inserted so it would show instead of counting as BBCode) if you don't want all the info they provide by default to be shown here.

As for your problem with the build...sorry, I seem to remember doing something like what you want to, but it was so long ago I don't recall how I did it...
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Is your basement the correct height @WayfaringButterfly .. ie did you check with wallpaper to ensure both upper and lower trims are showing correctly? Tried MOO? Placing the stairs with CFE on? No objects in the way? Just ensure you export / save a backup copy of your build before experimenting. I’m not in game today or would try to replicate your problem. Good luck 😉
  • WayfaringButterflyWayfaringButterfly Posts: 7 New Member
    Thanks guys...I forgot about MOO...I tried with CFE on AND off and that didn't change anything. I will try the wallpaper thing too. No objects in the house yet...just outer walls and the stairs. I'll try you guy's suggestions and get back to you!

Oh and I tried posting the external links to the pics but they said I have to be around a little longer before posting links lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top