The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

I love Seasons!

«1
I'm really enjoying the Sims 4 Seasons! I love that the floral arrangements table and the swings are back. My favorite feature is the calendar with events and holidays. That adds a nice touch to the game, in my opinion.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 241 Member
    It's always nice to see other people enjoying the pack! I personally really love Seasons as well, it adds so much atmosphere to my game and I don't know how I played without it, tbh!
    two.jpg
  • MetaphasicMetaphasic Posts: 421 Member
    edited August 2018
    vessme wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the Sims 4 Seasons! I love that the floral arrangements table and the swings are back. My favorite feature is the calendar with events and holidays. That adds a nice touch to the game, in my opinion.

    Me too! I think I liked Vampires better overall, but Seasons is second place. And it came just in time too. My teen Vamp just caked up to Young Adult and has a boyfriend. She plans on finishing up the Master Vampire aspiration (already done Good Vampire), then going after the Vampire Family one. The swings are going to be so much fun for their future children! The Harvest Fest gnomes are annoying though. It'd be great if they poofed away once you appease them.
    Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 8,576 Member
    Me too! Love this EP for bringing me back into the sims universe :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    a.jpg
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 447 Member
    Let's continue the love in. I love Seasons too. A few people have said it's not as good as others say it is and I can see how the novelty wears off or some things could have been improved, but, for me, it's the best EP by far. I played it ALOT (no seriously ALOT) when it was first released and still enjoy it.
    I love the calendar and the ability to create holidays is great. I'm glad the problem seems to have repaired itself where if you make a season longer, the holiday used to move into the next season! Be careful going shorter though it would seem.
    Other than the calendar (and perhaps more significantly), the main thing it does for me is bring atmosphere and a sense a community. Yes, there are lots of worlds, but it's always felt like there wasn't much beyond your Sims front door. Seasons for me makes the worlds feel bigger, more alive and much more chornologically fluid and I love that. It also makes me think about what my sims are going to do today (whether that be holiday or weather dependant) or what lots they visit, much like real life.
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 447 Member
    Oo forgot to say @metaphasic I also see what you're saying about the gnomes in HarvestFest. Not sure if it's helpful, but you can edit the holiday to remove the gnome element. You dont have to replace it with anything but you could appreciate an onject (a gnome) instead perhaps.
  • MetaphasicMetaphasic Posts: 421 Member
    edited August 2018
    hadklax wrote: »
    Oo forgot to say @metaphasic I also see what you're saying about the gnomes in HarvestFest. Not sure if it's helpful, but you can edit the holiday to remove the gnome element. You dont have to replace it with anything but you could appreciate an onject (a gnome) instead perhaps.

    I don’t use mods or cheats. I actually like the gnomes. I just think that once you appease them, they should move on to another house or whatever.
    Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!
  • lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    I think it really adds to the experience. I must confess I never got the hype on the need for seasons in sims before (I did have and enjoy the seasons equivalent in Sims 3) The holidays in particular and customisability add a lot and I feel I've skimmed the surface as a lot of the auto-generated holidays haven't come up for me yet. In particular for playing with families it has enhanced that storytelling for me
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    hadklax wrote: »
    Oo forgot to say @metaphasic I also see what you're saying about the gnomes in HarvestFest. Not sure if it's helpful, but you can edit the holiday to remove the gnome element. You dont have to replace it with anything but you could appreciate an onject (a gnome) instead perhaps.

    I don’t use mods or cheats. I actually like the gnomes. I just think that once you appease them, they should move on to another house or whatever.

    That's not a mod or cheat. We aren't locked into EA created holidays. I got rid of the gnomes right away on the second year. The Gnome stay on your light so they can reward you and you can have new decor or a few extra simoleons
  • MetaphasicMetaphasic Posts: 421 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    hadklax wrote: »
    Oo forgot to say @metaphasic I also see what you're saying about the gnomes in HarvestFest. Not sure if it's helpful, but you can edit the holiday to remove the gnome element. You dont have to replace it with anything but you could appreciate an onject (a gnome) instead perhaps.

    I don’t use mods or cheats. I actually like the gnomes. I just think that once you appease them, they should move on to another house or whatever.

    That's not a mod or cheat. We aren't locked into EA created holidays. I got rid of the gnomes right away on the second year. The Gnome stay on your light so they can reward you and you can have new decor or a few extra simoleons

    You misunderstood I believe. I like them, overall, and my sims appease them. Once appeased for role play reasons, I delete them. All I was saying is that, from a design point of view, they should automatically go away. Obviously they didn’t design them that way, but they should have.

    The person I was responding to suggested I edit the holiday. I assumed they meant using a mod to adjust it. I have no issues using B.B. to delete them.

    :smile:
    Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited August 2018

    .
    The person I was responding to suggested I edit the holiday. I assumed they meant using a mod to adjust it. I have no issues using B.B. to delete them.

    :smile:


    I think this is where we got our wires crossed. I was just stating that I got rid of the Gnomes after the second year because I didn't really care for the whole business. As long as you know that you don't need a mod to adjust it I'm good. Happy simming :)
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    I didn't get to play it yet :(
  • TheArcticFox01TheArcticFox01 Posts: 5 New Member
    I personally haven't bought Seasons yet but I've been wanting to. I'm going to buy it tomorrow with a bundle.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,727 Member
    I mainly like the change in environments.
    I don't live in perpetual summer, so it feels odd to play in it.

    The holidays are nice, but I am glad I prefer long seasons. It spreads the holidays out.
    I wish I could make the season longer since I play many households in rotation and I turn aging off a lot.
  • February11February11 Posts: 10,291 Member
    I'm loving Seasons. It's made the whole game a lot more interesting. (I still wish they'd all sit down and eat together, though, and I still wish they'd stop randomly exercising!)
    I THINK, THEREFORE I AM, I THINK

  • MendotaMendota Posts: 724 Member
    I too am enjoying seasons, but I am still finding out things as I just installed it three days ago.
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    I am so looking forward to playing seasons especially winter!
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 589 Member
    I love seasons~ taking my time in exploring everything its always been my fav pack sans anything that adds family elements aka Parenthood or Generations for sims 3.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 16,731 Member
    I have recently set up an Event on the calendar. Waiting for that day to roll around to see if it 'works'. If it does, I'm very excited about this feature. It would mean, I can plan the wedding in advance, set the TIME for it and see what happens on the Big Day. If all goes well, this girl will be one happy camper!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 16,731 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I mainly like the change in environments.
    I don't live in perpetual summer, so it feels odd to play in it.

    The holidays are nice, but I am glad I prefer long seasons. It spreads the holidays out.
    I wish I could make the season longer since I play many households in rotation and I turn aging off a lot.

    In my rotation save I've set each season for two weeks. That way since I play a household for a week's time, I can take each family through a season. :) So far, so good.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,120 Member
    I love it so much as well! Along with the Vampires GP, these two extensions are my favorite when it comes to The Sims 4 so far.
    srKup3.png
  • MyaLoveSimsMyaLoveSims Posts: 1 New Member
    :) I been waiting for this pack to come out and then when I finally get it,my game wants to act up. Can someone please help me, every time I go onto my game it's says when I go on the icon "Download to Use", like what does that mean? I really want to play seasons. Then when you click on the pack icons, you will see on the bottom that it says " you have to have sims 4 and all updates and I just updated my game and it still didn't help. What other updates are there? What do I have to do to have this pack ? This never happened before. Someone please help!
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I bought it using the 'build your bundle' option. It was one of my best buys. ;)
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    vessme wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the Sims 4 Seasons! I love that the floral arrangements table and the swings are back. My favorite feature is the calendar with events and holidays. That adds a nice touch to the game, in my opinion.

    Me too! I think I liked Vampires better overall, but Seasons is second place. And it came just in time too. My teen Vamp just caked up to Young Adult and has a boyfriend. She plans on finishing up the Master Vampire aspiration (already done Good Vampire), then going after the Vampire Family one. The swings are going to be so much fun for their future children! The Harvest Fest gnomes are annoying though. It'd be great if they poofed away once you appease them.

    After watching the livestream, I deleted the Gnomes tradition -- replaced it with Baking because that's always been a big part of holidays in my family (my sister makes 3 pies for Thanksgiving -- apple pie, traditional pumpkin pie and a crustless pumpkin pie/custard because my brother's wife is gluten-sensitive). I also added Invite Friends because that's a big part of holiday celebrations, and as my families expand I have plenty of people to invite. I think the ability to customize the holidays to suit your own needs and playstyle is the best feature. So if your family goes to church for Christmas Winterfest, you can add in Attend Religious Service. I just downloaded a mod that adds some traditions, like meditation if you have Spa Day; I would love to see more traditions added depending on content owned, like Restaurant Meal if you have Dine Out or Karaoke if you have City Living or even Vounteering if you have Parenthood.

    I like Seasons because it makes gardening a bit more difficult -- you have to take into account the season, so when harvesting you have to decide if you want to sell everything or save some of the produce to use for cooking (I do like saving money on cooking by using my own produce in my households).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,883 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I mainly like the change in environments.
    I don't live in perpetual summer, so it feels odd to play in it.

    The holidays are nice, but I am glad I prefer long seasons. It spreads the holidays out.
    I wish I could make the season longer since I play many households in rotation and I turn aging off a lot.

    I like how the weather differs in each world -- when I aged up my founding Sims to Elder it made sense to move them to Oasis Springs away from the snow so it's easier on their achy bones. Or my Sims leave Newcrest during a summer storm and arrive in San Myshuno to find a heat wave.

    I play on 14 day seasons -- just enough to spread out the holidays while not so long that the seasons drag.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,767 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I mainly like the change in environments.
    I don't live in perpetual summer, so it feels odd to play in it.

    The holidays are nice, but I am glad I prefer long seasons. It spreads the holidays out.
    I wish I could make the season longer since I play many households in rotation and I turn aging off a lot.

    I like how the weather differs in each world -- when I aged up my founding Sims to Elder it made sense to move them to Oasis Springs away from the snow so it's easier on their achy bones. Or my Sims leave Newcrest during a summer storm and arrive in San Myshuno to find a heat wave.

    I play on 14 day seasons -- just enough to spread out the holidays while not so long that the seasons drag.
    14 days still drags and I find it funny all the neighborhoods have different weather. My sim tried to do fireworks where she lived but it was rainy I take her to Willow Creek no rain. :D

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top