Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A fun little observation on Origin

I just noticed that Origin displays concept art for the Luxury Party Stuff Pack - can you notice the different CAS assets?

2zz27o8.png
In case you can't tell
Left: gold necklace (Wish this was in game!)
Middle: it's hard to tell, but the decals on her dress are slightly different
Right: the pink blazer

Comments

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Sometimes items from concept art don't make it into the actual game. It's not exclusive to the Sims, I see it all the time in other games.
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Sometimes items from concept art don't make it into the actual game. It's not exclusive to the Sims, I see it all the time in other games.

Of course, but it is literally being used on the selling page Luxury Party - you'll never get those items. Why would it be there?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Those three outfits are all in that pack though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Those three outfits are all in that pack though.

No, only of them - to the full extent - is in the pack! Check it out over here for yourself.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have all the packs and they are in there. The two ladies outfits my Sims wears a lot - I know the lady on the left her dressy pants out fit is even in the Stylized out fits. Several of my ladies have the lady on the rights dress -

Try looking in your own catalogues in the game - they are there. The males outfit is not one I use - as I am am not fond of the colors they offer for my males sims - it is not their style. But they are there.

Why would I look on there when I can simply look in my game - pick the pack in my filter and all the clothes is there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have all the packs and they are in there. The two ladies outfits my Sims wears a lot - I know the lady on the left her dressy pants out fit is even in the Stylized out fits. Several of my ladies have the lady on the rights dress -

Try looking in your own catalogues in the game - they are there. The males outfit is not one I use - as I am am not fond of the colors they offer for my males sims - it is not their style. But they are there.

Why would I look on there when I can simply look in my game - pick the pack in my filter and all the clothes is there.

Well first of all, no need to be so sassy. I was just pointing something out. And if you looked in my spoiler from the first post - I wasn't referring all the outfits, just details.

Secondly, I like being correct. SO I WENT INTO MY OWN GAME.

Right Sim:
    2sbo12u.png
    Clearly this outfit is in game. What I pointed out was the necklace. This is the base game necklace - closest to the image. The two that came out with LUXURY PARTY are different.
    LP Necklace #1
    nq5lky.png
    LP Necklace #2
    2vkxjdv.png

Now, Centre Sim:
    Outfit decals are in question. You may call me out and say it's too similar. But notice how the silver lines cover more area on the promo dress versus the actual dress?
    35l82o0.png

Left Sim:
    Now the mysterious men's outfits that is not in game. Here are the most similar in LUXURY PARTY.
    Not the same #1
    55ms1t.png
    Not the same #2
    6p7qsl.png
    Not the same #3
    1677dx2.png

Soooo, I'd love to know how you got the promo outfits yourself! Tell me!!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The art department doesn't always relay everything/isn't always relayed upon who or what they have to draw on the pack; even some Sims from promo material are missing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png