Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone know if there is ...

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
a mod or some way to keep dogs and cats from invading the playgrounds and parks? I really hate the cats jumping on the tables and eating food there..

Comments

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    That is a bit annoying. Is there a trashcan and they're just not throwing it away, or is it missing? You might try to add one using the Set As Head cheat. I can explain if you aren't familiar.

There very well could be a mod, but I haven't come across one.

Not in the game right now, but I do believe there are some rugs that are described as being cat or dog barriers. I could be dreaming. However, it is doubtful if they would work on outside areas, let alone community lots. You could check Lot Traits, too. I know there are Traits to attract, but not sure if there are opposite effects.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    That is a bit annoying. Is there a trashcan and they're just not throwing it away, or is it missing? You might try to add one using the Set As Head cheat. I can explain if you aren't familiar.

Not in the game right now, but I do believe there are some rugs that are described as being cat or dog barriers. I could be dreaming. However, it is doubtful if they would work on outside areas, let alone community lots. You could check Lot Traits, too. I know there are Traits to attract, but not sure if there are opposite effects.

There are trashcans but they are eating food on the table while sims are at the table eating.
    Evie0602 wrote: »

Thanks for the link I downloaded it and will give it a try. I hope it gets rid of the cats and dogs off the lot.

There are trashcans but they are eating food on the table while sims are at the table eating.
    Evie0602 wrote: »

Thanks for the link I downloaded it and will give it a try. I hope it gets rid of the cats and dogs off the lot.

I think this mod is for keeping pets outside of buildings.. I want on to keep them off of certain lots. There was one in ts3, a sign you could put on the lot so pets wouldn't come there.. Not sure if it was a mod or game made but it worked.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    aklsimmer has a no strays mod that also reduces the number of random townies generated by the game. I am away from my computer right now so I don't remember where the mod is hosted. Perhaps Mod The Sims? I will look when we get home. On a ferry right now and the water is rough. EEk!! LOL
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    If you mean the Brindleton Bay park, just remove the lot trait that attracts them. You shouldn't be seeing pets in the other worlds unless the residents there have pets or you've added a lot trait.
    There are lots of pets showing up in all the worlds in the parks not just Brindleton Bay.. all of them and they are very annoying especially the cats jumping on the tables while sims are eating.. that's why I wanted a way to stop them from appearing in any of the parks.. No lot traits to attract them,
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Do you have any other mods or cc in your game that could be broken and causing an issue? I’ve never seen an animal outside of BB in any of my saves other that in Selvadoradora which is the only world we’ve gotten post Cats and Dogs.
    ~ ~ ~