Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm really bad at ts3. I only just got it and than was gifted ts4 so I've been playing that and find it so much easier for my playstyle.

I've played TS4 for years, after playing TS1 as a teen. I never had 2 or 3. But after all those years I kind of ran out of material, getting bored. 3 has much more options, which kind of overwhelmed me at first but is in a way a challenge that gave me something new (old) for a change. I'm also blogging about it as you can see in my banner. But I still have TS4 completely installed so I can go either way if I come across something nice, hence following this topic!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited July 2018
    My only game until ts2 was given away for free for that giveway when get to work came out was the GameCube Sims and I could never get the hang of the game. Ts2 I sepnt alot of time just building but only a few months later I got the other two games. So I've really only been a Sims player for a couple years ^^;;

I'll check out your blog when I'm on the computer and can see signatures
  • SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    @RoggieBear @AnnoyingTiger Thank you guys so much. People have yet to play it that I know of and I honestly want to see people try out my challenge. And I'll be sure to check out your channel and sub to it RoggieBear
  • PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Homeless to Famous Challenge
    This is my take on the rags to riches challenge
    THE SIMS 3 HOMELESS TO FAMOUS CHALLENGE
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    @WanderlustSimmer Thanks! I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to post it on youtube, but if nothing else I will just say my story... my computer / recorder / youtube has been acting up... I'm not probably going to play it very soon, because I have SO MANY challenges going on right now, but I will eventually (as long as I remember)
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger I'm so sorry -- my youtube acted up and it didn't let me post... I'm not very far into the game, so I might just restart it, but otherwise it isn't going to be up on my channel... Idk why, but my computer has been acting dumb lately and not letting me post or record... hopefully that changes soon...!
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Got another challenge to add, if you please c:

100 Death Challenge here on the forums or 100 Death Challenge on tumblr.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
  • incorrectsims3incorrectsims3 Posts: 1 New Member
    The Nanny Challenge : (inspired by the show) is something that I created and would like to submit. The rules are attached to a document that you can download here : www.simfileshare.net/download/595962/
  • WintermoomoocowWintermoomoocow Posts: 10 New Member
    Wow! Thank you so much for this list! Now I know where to go whenever I want to try something else out. I'm also making a challenge at the moment, so as soon as it's finished I'll let you know!
  • outcastsimmeroutcastsimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Hello, good evening Simmers. Is anyone interested in giving this one a try: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944487/sims-4-philanthropist-challenge :P
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for making a list! It makes it so much easier. ^_^
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I"m alive!! I blink and 2 months have gone by. Life is nuts. I'll update ASAP!
  • pixell2_dotpixell2_dot Posts: 27 Member
    so useful! once i finish rules i may post my legacy challenges
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I haven't shared any of my challenges yet I don't think. I've been trying to test them first
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Could you please add the following challenge?

Type of challenge: SIM CREATION/CAS CHALLENGES
    Challenge name: FEMALE CREATE A SIM CHALLENGE!
    creator: TheHarbinger_51
    Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/937639/female-create-a-sim-challenge/p1
  • desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello ... I was wondering if you'd be able to add the challenge I have created. It's more of a blend between other challenges but I would love to see it listed here. Thanks!!

Type of challenge: Legacy Challenge
    Challenge name: Making it Big Challenge
    Creator: desirae333
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935325/making-it-big-challenge-a-new-challenge-for-sims-4#latest
    desirae333 wrote: »
    Hello ... I was wondering if you'd be able to add the challenge I have created. It's more of a blend between other challenges but I would love to see it listed here. Thanks!!

Type of challenge: Legacy Challenge
    Challenge name: Making it Big Challenge
    Creator: desirae333
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935325/making-it-big-challenge-a-new-challenge-for-sims-4/p1
    Nice twist :+1: I love combining elements of different challenges in my game.

• Cherry0BlossomCherry0Blossom Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you for this AWESOME list!
    I'm in the process of pulling out the ones im interested in (which is most 'XD) and putting them in google docs.
    It's taking forever and its quite a bit the pain in the butt, but its gonna be well worth it! ^-^
  • Cherry0BlossomCherry0Blossom Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh! Btw, there's one challenge that I know that you dont have on here. The "Breed Out The Ugly" challenge.
    Basically, you make a really ugly sim, and you play, and you try to have her have better looking kids, and then they have better looking kids, and so on until you have a good looking sim.
    That's the gist of it.
    Oh! Btw, there's one challenge that I know that you dont have on here. The "Breed Out The Ugly" challenge.
    Basically, you make a really ugly sim, and you play, and you try to have her have better looking kids, and then they have better looking kids, and so on until you have a good looking sim.
    That's the gist of it.
    Please see the post on page one of this thread :)
    VARIATIONS ON THE LEGACY CHALLENGE
    Uglacy (try to breed uglier Sims over time)
    Prettacy (start with an ugly Sims and try to make prettier)
  • JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    Could you please consider adding my adaptation of a sims 3 challenge on here? This is the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946245/little-orphan-annie-challenge/p1?new=1
  • candlesundaecandlesundae Posts: 38 Member
  • charybdisscharybdiss Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I updated the Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge to include a lot of the new packs. I credited the original creator but wanted to put my own spin on it. I hope it's approved!

I have a site for it but I can't post links yet, so when I can, I will post the link.

I wanted to attempt the Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge but realized it hadn’t been updated for the newest packs. I bring you the updated version which requires Get to Work, City Living, Seasons, Spa Day, Dine Out, and Get Together. If you don’t have those packs, you can skip the generations or requirements that need them. It will be explicitly stated underneath each heading. Big thanks to the original creator of this challenge: all generation titles that aren’t highlighted were created by them. The link to the original challenge is found if you just search build newcrest legacy in google. It's the first search result. I hope it’s okay that I used their content: I love this challenge and just wanted to update it. If it’s not, comment below and I’ll take it down.

*A NOTE ON REPEATED GENERATIONS: In order to finish the challenge in the least number of generations possible, I compiled the building of the “hoods” and the previous generation. This means you must complete all aspirations and objectives associated with both headings. Comment below if you have any questions.

In addition, you will find that there are not enough slots in Newcrest for all of the buildings. This is because I included Magnolia Promenade and just knocked down all the buildings, creating four new slots in which to build. You may use any of these slots for any of the buildings.

Anyway, on to the challenge! Visit the site linked above for all other rules, I just included the rules for each generation. I created five new generations, each incorporating different packs, took out two generations that I felt weren’t necessary and combined three others. You can change any rules at your discretion, just have fun!

GENERATION 1 – HUNGRY HERBALIST
    ASPIRATION: FREELANCE BOTANIST – BUILD: PARK
    TRAITS: LOVES THE OUTDOORS, NEAT, VEGETARIAN (OR LONER IF YOU DON’T HAVE CITY LIVING)
    Your founding sim is just starting out and has a huge struggle ahead of them. They feel that the best way to start building a community in their new home of Newcrest is with a community park.
    Rules:
    Choose your starting lot carefully because this lot will be turned into the local park once you have completed gen 1
    You must choose the Freelance Botanist aspiration for your founding sim.
    Your sim may pick from any of these jobs for gen 1:
    • Criminal (Oracle branch)
    • Culinary (Chef branch)
    • Painter (Patron of the Arts)
    • Writer (Journalist branch)
    • Any of the GTW Careers
    You must grow at least 8 plants to perfect quality be the end of the generation.
    Once your aspiration is complete, you may now build your Park! To do this sell or keep all your furniture in the family inventory. Leave the plants on the lot and evict the sim, change the lot type to park and then build (or download one) a local park for future generations to enjoy. The park must have your 8 perfect plants that your founder grew in it. You are welcome to plant more plants for the park if you want.

GENERATION 1 – FAMILY FRIENDLY
    ASPIRATION: BIG HAPPY FAMILY – BUILD: LOWER CLASS HOOD
    This sim’s aspiration is to have a big happy family, they need some houses to live in though! Build the affordable starter home neighborhood (you can pick any 1 of the 3 hoods) and then watch in satisfaction as your big happy family moves into the neighborhood.
    Rules:
    Build the neighborhood first. No house may cost more than $55,000 simoleons to buy and 2 houses must be under $20,000 simoleons. Move your family into any house they can afford in this neighborhood.
    As their children age up into young adults move them out into the new neighborhood you created for them. Use the manage households, then create a new household and move them out that way, then they will get their $20,000 starting money.
    Once this final aspiration is complete so is generation 1.

GENERATION 2 – MUSICAL MAJOR
    [REQUIRES: CITY LIVING]

ASPIRATION: MUSICAL GENIUS – BUILD: KARAOKE BAR
    TRAITS: CREATIVE, MUSIC LOVER, GOOD
    This heir is so talented they just have to share it with Newcrest, but they will need a venue to perform at. Become a musical genius and build the karaoke bar venue for Newcrest.
    Rules:
    Your sim may only have the Entertainer career and only choose the Musician branch.
    You must complete the aspiration and get the top of the career branch before you can build.
    Your sim must also master at least two instruments (their voice counts as one).
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the karaoke bar, it also must include your career objects.

GENERATION 3 – WILLING WRITER
    ASPIRATION: BESTSELLING AUTHOR – BUILD: LIBRARY
    TRAITS: ERRATIC, PERFECTIONIST, GENIUS
    Generation 3 will build the library and be a successful writer leaving many books and a library for future generation.
    Rules:
    Your sim may only have the Writer career and only choose the Author branch.
    You must complete the aspiration and get the top of the career branch before you can build.
    Once those are complete you can build the public library for Newcrest. It must include your objects from your career rewards and proceed to generation 4.

GENERATION 4 – PUMPED UP PRO
    ASPIRATION: BODY BUILDER – BUILD: GYM
    TRAITS: ACTIVE, GOOFBALL, HOT-HEADED
    This sim is all about body image, sims around town are looking chunky but there is no gym venue. Become a renowned athlete and build a great gym for Newcrest.
    Rules:
    Your sim may only have the Athlete career and can choose between either branch.
    This aspiration requires you to workout at a gym venue so after completing the first part of Basic Trainer (workout for 8 hrs) use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to skip working out at the gym.
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the gym, it also must include your career objects.

GENERATION 5 – TIPSY MIXER
    ASPIRATION: MASTER MIXOLOGIST – BUILD: BAR
    TRAITS: FAMILY ORIENTED, SLOB, CHEERFUL
    Generation 5 is all about fun, there are now a few much-needed community lots but nowhere to go to hangout and have a few drinks. Master Mixology and build a local watering hole (bar) for your sims to enjoy.
    Rules:
    Your sim may only have the Culinary career and only choose the Mixology branch.
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the bar, it also must include your career objects (especially the bar).

GENERATION 5 – LEGACY LINEAGE
    ASPIRATION: SUCCESSFUL LINEAGE – BUILD: MIDDLE CLASS HOOD
    This sim’s aspiration is to have a large and successful family. They are much improved financially than in the beginning, so this is the start of the middle-class neighborhood.
    Rules:
    Build the neighborhood first. Move your family into any house they can afford in this neighborhood. No house may cost more than $135,000 simoleons to buy and 2 houses must be under $65,000 simoleons.
    As their children age up into young adults move them out into the new neighborhood you created for them. Use the manage households, then create a new household and move them out that way, then they will get their $20,000 starting money. You may also use the “freerealestate on” cheat to move them into new houses.
    Once your aspiration is complete so is generation 5

GENERATION 6 – ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
    ASPIRATION: PAINTER EXTRAORDINAIRE – BUILD: MUSEUM
    TRAITS: ART LOVER, GLOOMY, CREATIVE
    Generation 6’s sim is an aspiring artist and thinks that Newcrest is lacking in museums for the more refined members of the community. Become a world-famous artist and build a museum, you can even name it after yourself!
    Rules:
    Your sim may only have the Painter career and can only choose the Master of the Real branch.
    This aspiration requires you to visit so after completing all the parts of Brushing with Greatness (complete 10 painting and achieve level 6) use Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to skip going to the museum.
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the museum, it also must include your career objects AND at least 10 of your own painting of excellent quality. Make sure to include easels so future generations can learn painting at the museum.

GENERATION 7 – REST AND RELAXATION
    [REQUIRES: SPA DAY]

ASPIRATION: RENAISSANCE SIM – BUILD: SPA
    TRAITS: GENIUS, UNFLIRTY (OR MEAN IF YOU DON’T HAVE CITY LIVING), AMBITIOUS
    Getting rest is hard when you are a genius that wants to excel. This sim wants to kick back but it’s a little difficult to relax when there aren’t any venues that offer massages! Complete their aspiration and build a spa to get a little R & R.
    Rules:
    Your sim must reach the top level of any teenage career.
    They must reach level three of any adult career before quitting and changing to the Astronaut career.
    They may only have the Astronaut career but may choose either branch.
    You must complete the aspiration before you can build.
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the spa.

GENERATION 8 – UP ALL NIGHT
    ASPIRATION: PARTY ANIMAL – BUILD: NIGHTCLUB
    TRAITS: NONCOMITTAL, DANCE MACHINE (OR BRO IF YOU DON’T HAVE GET TOGETHER), SELF-ASSURED
    Generation 8 is an animal, a party animal. They want to stay out all night and have lots of fun, but it’s a little hard when all the venues close at 10pm. Complete your aspiration and build a sweet nightclub to party at!
    Rules:
    Your sim may choose any career or even no career. They may still earn money with a hobby, like painting or writing.
    You must complete the aspiration before you can build.
    Once your aspiration and job are complete you can build the nightclub.

GENERATION 9 – SWIMSUIT SELFIE
    [REQUIRES: GET TOGETHER, CITY LIVING]

ASPIRATION: LEADER OF THE PACK – BUILD: POOL
    TRAITS: INSIDER, OUTGOING, JEALOUS
    Growing up and being rich and popular is SO difficult. Generation 9 just HAS to tweet about it #relatable #ugh. How can they take amazing #nofilter swimsuit selfies and post them on Simstagram if there’s no pool to show off their hot bod? Become the most famous club leader in town and build a pool to fulfill their needs. #blessed
    Rules:
    Your sim must have the Social Media career and choose the Internet Personality branch.
    You must complete the aspiration and career before you can build.
    Your sim must also have checked in and taken a picture at all the current venues in Newcrest. They must then put all these selfies on their bedroom wall.
    You must include a club room somewhere at the pool.

GENERATION 10 – SOULMATE SEARCH
    [REQUIRES: GET TOGETHER, SEASONS]

ASPIRATION: SOULMATE – BUILD: CAFÉ
    TRAITS: ROMANTIC, BOOKWORM, CLUMSY
    This sim’s sole aspiration in life is to find their soulmate. That can be hard when one doesn’t really have a place to meet kindred spirits. Build a café for this dreamy sim to meet the partner of their dreams.
    Rules:
    Your sim may not get married until they are an Adult. They may go on dates, but these must all be a disaster until your sim finds “the one.”
    Your sim must meet their spouse to be at the café.
    Your sim must choose the Gardening career.
    You may build the café once the sim is an Adult (no need to complete the career or aspiration first—obviously—this must just happen before the sim dies).
    If you want to get started on your sim’s family before they get married, they can adopt as many children as they would like.
    There must be beehive on the café lot as well as at least 3 plants.

GENERATION 11 – CUTTING COLUMNIST
    [REQUIRES: DINE OUT, CITY LIVING]

ASPIRATION: MASTER CHEF – BUILD: RESTAURANT
    TRAITS: SNOB, FOODIE, MATERIALISTIC
    As the richest person in town, it is this sim’s job to make sure everything in the town runs smoothly. After becoming well known as the best chef in Newcrest, they’ve decided to turn towards critiquing the work of others. After finishing the career and aspiration, build the finest restaurant Newcrest has ever seen.
    Rules:
    Your sim must choose the Critic career and the Food Critic branch.
    They must begin to build the restaurant as a Young Adult and have the grand opening on their Adult birthday. (If you aren’t building it yourself, just place it on your sim’s birthday).
    You must incorporate all career rewards into the restaurant.

GENERATION 11 – HEIRLOOM ESTATE
    ASPIRATION: MANSION BARON – BUILD: UPPER CLASS HOOD
    This sim is the last one and wants to establish a wealthy neighborhood now that they have reached 11 generations. They also want to own the largest house in Newcrest, so everyone will know that they are the founders and the Legacy of Newcrest.
    Rules:
    Build all houses in the hood except yours, you will build it as you go along. You can give yourself a simple house to start.
    Your sim’s spouse must have the Business career and only choose the Investor branch.
    This one is a little different as you will complete the house and aspiration at the same time.
    THIS CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE ONCE THE MANSION BARON ASPIRATION IS COMPLETE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top