March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    Is that a thing :open_mouth: I didn't know! Oh well, I will maybe enter another build challange or something
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    @Laireen35 - as there seem to be a couple of people having difficulties with pictures and the sheer size of this build, we are willing to grant an extension of 4 days. We are giving you the whole weekend!! We will announce this on our twitter feed and our Facebook page. You have until midnight Sunday PDT to get your entries in.

I just left thanks on Facebook, but I'll reiterate it here - the photography issues were driving me insane! I'm still going to aim to get it done ASAP. <3
  • HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    But I entered with my Sim family, hope they will do well
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Then maybe ill try to finish my hotel as well:D
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    :D I wish I would of known about the extended deadline sooner. I made myself sick yesterday trying to get done on time. Oh well, such is life.
    I am looking forward to seeing what everyone does. The WIPS you all shared were amazing!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited August 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #100 Oceanside Resort
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Inn By The Sea
    LOT COST: $12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head
    BUILD COST: $676,585
    TOTAL COST: $688,585
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cQyEclz
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inn By The Sea is a family resort which is both child and pet friendly. There are many fun activities for the whole family to enjoy. There are lots of gathering spaces both inside and out, including some private ones for those romantic getaways. There's a lovely Wedding Lawn with breathtaking views of the ocean. The Inn includes a Wedding Reception hall, dance floor in the gazebo and outdoor dining. There are two ponds to swim or fish in. It includes a pool, hot tub, horseshoe pits, fire pit and lovely gardens to stroll through outdoors. Indoors consists of eight guest suites, many gathering spaces (some with fireplaces), a lounge/game room and a play room for the young ones.
    Come enjoy some time by the sea!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

22y64Xd.png

irX84F5.jpg
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Aaaaarrrrrhhhhh!!! An extension??? I was going out of my head trying to finish this on time, so I didn't even take a second to check this thread. :confounded: That's what I get... Ah well. It's done now and that's okay with me. :blush: Now I can catch up with everyone's entries. :smiley:

• SILVIAEGIGIZINISILVIAEGIGIZINI Posts: 294 Member
    @WrathofCath Absolutely perfect!! :) I have already published, but better so otherwise I would have changed idea again LoL Silvia ♥
  • FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2018
    BnS100 Oceanside Resort Barony Castle Hotel
    FORUM ID: FruUtter
    ORIGIN ID: FruUtter
    LEVEL: Established or Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Barony Castle Hotel
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: Winderburgh's most exciting new castle hotel in decades! It’s the attention to detail throughout red and grey tones that makes it special. 6 bedrooms and 2 suites, in many slightly different styles, display astonishing attention to detail, down to the stamped postcards on each desk. Our hotel has a Simelin star. Contains main building, west wing, East wing, underground area for entertainment as well as outdoor entertainment In the main building reception, hotel bar, and library are located. In the East wing 2 bedrooms with 2 double beds are located. West wing. In the West wing 2 luxury suits, 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, and 3 rooms with 1 double bed are located. In the Entertainment wing (basement) we offer music, art, comedy, woodwork and SPA as well as sauna and gym. The garden offers outdoor entertainment such as horse shoe and romantic hot tub. Even pets have their own area.

Lot costs 12000
    Hotel 680 748
    8 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Thanks, but no thanks :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: noMOO noCC

TWITTER TAG: -
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -

TUMBLR LINK: Barony Castle Hotel on tumblr

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    pfV5OzM.png?2

hwy4ZCi.png

• FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    BnS100 Oceanside Resort Barony Castle Hotel
    FORUM ID: FruUtter
    ORIGIN ID: FruUtter
    LEVEL: Established or Expert

HOUSEHOLD: Olita mother, Lasma daughter, Viktor father

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    In action
    Faces

ENTRY DETAILS: Olita, Viktors and Lasma are staying at this luxury Black Swan suite at Barony Castle Hotel. Lasma has the room next doors. First they play horse shoe and meet some new friends. Later they will try out the gym. And meet some other hotel residents in the sauna. Olita meets a cool lady by the name Dagny and they want to take same glamour portrits of themselves. Later it is time for relax in hot tub with a magnicifant view over the ocean. Aftre that A good dinner with new friends. A comedy show and a concert. Some dancing and karaoke and maybe a night picninc.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Thanks, but no thanks :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: noMOO noCC
    TWITTER TAG: -
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: https://fruutter.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

relaxing in the hot tub before dinner
    dIzYYpJ.jpg

Activities after dinner
    SOGkTKE.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,625 Member
    Yeah for the extension - maybe some of those builders who didn't think they could finish, can now finish! Oh I hope so!
    @Pallystyle - very creative pool...and your build...wow!
    I can't say enough about everyone's builds. I am in awe with these creations. Terrific work everyone!
  • 1HappyMonkey1HappyMonkey Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2018

FORUM ID: 1HappyMonkey
    ORIGIN ID: Arynne12
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/405642799B8211E88F8C41F62AEA24F5

LOT COST: 10,000
    LOT NAME: Affluista Mansion - Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: 612,897
    TOTAL COST: 622,897

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/uhf6lxh
    ENTRY DETAILS: This resort hotel, while not on the oceanside, fits very well into Oasis Springs. The Topaz Sands Hotel was loosely based upon the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, AZ. My hotel features 8 uniquely designed guest rooms, including a 2-story loft suite and a large presidential suite. The Topaz Sands also boasts several resort amenities. Outdoors is a large pool, hot tub cabana, outdoor food shacks, a children’s play space, telescope and beautifully landscaped garden spaces. Indoors the guests will find a lovely lobby and breakfast cafe, while upstairs guests can use the hotel conference room, catch the latest movie or use the office to check into work. Also on the ground floor is the spacious Breezes gym with spa treatments including a sauna. At night guests can grab dinner at the Oasis restaurant and bar or party in the Mirage Nightclub.

Sim info: This lot can be placed as any lot type except Art Center, National Park, Retail or Vet Clinic.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 12HappyMonkeys
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

4FoEFdG.png

5WpYYK8.png
    Post edited by 1HappyMonkey on
    @FruUtter Oh, wow ♥♥♥ No words, absolutely perfect, Love your theme!!!
    Good job @1HappyMonkey ♥♥♥
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2018
    BnS 101 - Five by Five

The young lady sat across from you looks like she could handle herself in a tough situation, and as she absentmindedly plays with her cuticles you wonder what she is thinking.

“Well, you know, I really need a place of my own, somewhere without other people’s ‘stuff’ around.” You know from Karl that she is currently sleeping on a friend’s couch.

“It needs to be small though, I hate large spaces, they feel too, ummm big.”

You can’t help but have your heart melt a little when she struggles to find a word for frightening that wouldn’t hurt her bad girl exterior, you sense in her eyes that this is not her true persona.

“So, Faith, do you have any particular style in mind?” You ask her, expecting her to want a grungy, industrial look.

“Nah, whatever you want.”

“Really, you don’t mind what style architecture or interior design?”

“Nah, it’s all five by five.”

“Five by five?” You ask.

“You know, it’s all good.”

She thanks you for her time, and as she stands up to leave, you swear you see a wooden stake peeking out of the inside pocket of her leather jacket

vPz5U5r.png
    • Design a home with no more than 25 squares in total (your building does not have to be limited to one story, but must not consist of more than 25 squares of living space, total, i.e. adding the ground floor tiles to the upper floor tiles, the number of tiles must NOT exceed 25) - eating area can be outdoors as well as hobbies
      You may have a covered outdoor area as long as there are no walls to it.
      You may use exterior walls as decorative items, but they cannot be used to add any liveable space.
    • Must be on a 20x15 lot - but this can be in any world.
    • Overhead shots with grid lines on are 100% mandatory for this challenge, your build will NOT be judged without them.
    • Any architectural and interior style.
    • Make sure you don’t forget the landscaping.
    • For this challenge and this challenge only, our admin will download and play test each lot, to ensure that the homes are playable.

BUDGET: Your budget is §20,000 (including the lot cost)

Room Challenge:
      No room challenge this time around.

Sim Challenge:
      Create Faith and show her enjoying her new space.

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

:o I apologize, but google translate translates very badly. :s
    Have a little patience with me, please, I have some questions.

1-"adding the ground floor tiles to the upper floor tiles, the number of tiles must NOT exceed 25":
    it means that if you made two floors the total of tiles must ALWAYS be 25, right ?! '!

2-"You may have a covered outdoor area as long as there are no walls to it.": would it mean covered by a roof (or similar) but without walls?

3-"Overhead shots with grid lines on are 100% mandatory for this challenge, your build will NOT be judged without them" : What does it mean? :'(

Thanks and sorry sorry sorry
    Silvia ♥♥♥
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,625 Member
    edited August 2018
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - A sample of showing grid lines. It is an overhead view in build mode using the Top Down View Button

Here is a sample of 5 x 5 grid on 1 level

to_show_grid_lines.png

Here is a sample of a 5 x 5 grid on 2 levels - 15 squares on the bottom level, and 10 squares on the top level for a total of 25 squares.

sample_2_level_1st_floor.png

upper_level_10_squares.png

Sample of covered eating area with no walls

sample_covering_eating_area_with_no_walls.png
    @SoulGal7
    Thank you very much!!!! Now I understand, excuse me! So when I take the photo of the plan from above I have to keep the floor grid visible?!?! :#
    I hope I understood this time! :o:s:p
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    > CHALLENGE #101: Five by Five

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EA8FC6DD9BC311E8828B3C2574E1C2F6?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trailer&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Trailer (25)
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 18,388
    TOTAL COST: 19,888

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/KyoTuN8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Yay, a small build! Guess I got lucky there, seeing as I only have this morning (meaning the last three hours) to finish this challenge before I don't have access to the game for the next five weeks :)
    I decided to build a trailer for Faith - she seemed a bit scared of something, so if she gets uncomfortable on her current lot she can just up and move to another one. Just i case it's vampires, i gave her a little seed package and some planters, maybe she'll plant some garlic. The trailer has a combined kitchen / living area with plenty of storage and a small but comfortable sleeping space right next to the living area. Ther also is a TV to keep up with the current news. A full bathroom at the front of the trailer rounds up the indoor space. Under the covered outdoor space - something we call a 'Vorzelt' in germany (i.e. caravan awning?!?) - there is an outdoor cooking area and some seating. In the garden I added a firepit for burning all those pesky little monsters/vampires, just in case one catches up to Faith and she needs to hide the evidence.
    I do hope putting the covered outdoor space right next to the trailer is ok, seeing as that kinda leads to the outdoor space having a wall. I tried leaving a gap, but that just looked weird...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    Qp2KMUj.png
    6M498ZJ.png
    ATTENTION CHALLENGE #101 ENTRANTS

Added to the challenge brief, For this challenge and this challenge only, our admin will download and play test each lot, to ensure that the homes are playable.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    if a pool can fit in the budget, can I add one?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    if a pool can fit in the budget, can I add one?
    @SyddyB206 - of course!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    ATTENTION CHALLENGE #101 ENTRANTS

Added to the challenge brief, For this challenge and this challenge only, our admin will download and play test each lot, to ensure that the homes are playable.

Well, let's hope mine is 100% playable. I don't think I'll be able to play test it...
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member

CHALLENGE #101 - Five by Five
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://tinyurl.com/ybaqbvzw

LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Streamlet Single (Renamed Small Touch of Luxury)

BUILD COST: 18,397
    TOTAL COST: 19,897
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://simmershen.blogspot.com/2018/08/bns-challenge-101-small-touch-of-luxury.html

ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, only MOO

TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    08-09-18_9-32-20%25C2%25A0PM.png

08-09-18_9-46-40%25C2%25A0PM.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member

FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BA94BCB09C2C11E88EB73C2574E1C2F6
    LOT COST:1,500
    LOT NAME: Agave Acres
    BUILD COST: 18,338
    TOTAL COST: 19,838
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/IrGJS1W
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was thinking if you're trying to hide form vampires, what better place to go than the last place vampires would want to be - Oasis Springs! Being above ground gives Faith an excellent view all around. The rocks and water on two sides provide a natural barrier to some threats, and a screen of trees blocks the view of the neighbors to the east and hides the exact location of the stairs leading up.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ONOJdDJ.png
    DSMZ2Ey.png
    image.png
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2018
    FORUM ID: Cebu2cool
    ORIGIN ID: Elderjymm
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B0F3C35B9C1A11E88604E304D35C66BA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=elderjymm&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:§1500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: §17,904
    TOTAL COST: §19,404
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/QqBSKUF
    ENTRY DETAILS: Small? Yes,small I can do. I had anther small build I did a while ago and thought maybe I could change it up a bit. Gesh I thought that one was small. It was huge. Sot I tore it apart shrunk down parts and came up with this! One thing I did reuse was the wall bookcase...which led to a problem. When I play tested I sent Faith to read a book, Didn't work. But no route failure. I looked in the case...all the books were gone. LOL
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, constructive criticism helps
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC or MOO
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/ElderJymm
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Jay Moonchild
    TUMBLR LINK: https://elderjymm.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

TOVrGza.jpg

EYAhFfz.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights