Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me find the Movie Hangout item :)

A simmer suggested it could be one of her shoes, but I triple checked all the shoes and they are deffinetly base game, unless they don't have an icon, although I had my filters on base game only when I made her. Any help would be so much appreciated. I did upload her with none basegame items in a seperate upload where she could have more clothing options and hair do's but for basegame I kept it simple so is suprised it says there is a movie hangout item in there somewhere, please help me find it so I can re upload her basegame only

K8P2Egd.png

Here is the pictures of all her outfits.

tsVSaNa.png

A32CUGJ.png

4Du5Pnd.png

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't see anything from movie hangout sp. Have no clue.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    No those are all basegame shoes. Have you checked out her bracelets? If you click on the pack icon it should tell you what item it is.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh I think maybe her watch is from Movie Hangout, on the 11th outfit. But I'm not sure. I have no clue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    It's probably a bug. There's nothing from Movie Hangout on her. I checked myself.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't see anything from movie hangout sp. Have no clue.

Yeah that is what I thought. I always double, triple check my uploads before uploading to the gallery, so was super suprised when it popped up.
    No those are all basegame shoes. Have you checked out her bracelets? If you click on the pack icon it should tell you what item it is.

I have checked everything, I started at the head, checked, hats, accessories and make up, then I did body, checked each shirt, pants and full outfit as well as accessories and shoes, I can't find it. I am hoping its just a gallery glitch.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Oh I think maybe her watch is from Movie Hangout, on the 11th pic. But I'm not sure.

Nope I checked the watch, as well, but I will recheck again.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    It's probably a bug. There's nothing from Movie Hangout on her. I checked myself.

Thank you Bugsie, very much appreciated. I will just leave her up for now. I just hope the simmers who want base game only sims will understand she is base game only.
    Just double checked watch again and its basegame. Thanks all for your input, truly appreciate it :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    When you click the Movie Stuff icon, there is a button 'Show Used Items.' It will show you exactly what item is being used. It's the sandals.
    Click this icon:
    ZGKKjXV.jpg
    Here are the sandals:
    qbfhoRb.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    It still looks like a glitch though, because I don't see those sandals anywhere on your sim. However, the black sandals in her everyday and summer outfits look like the MH sandals so I suspect they use the same mesh and for some reason the gallery thinks they are the same.

ETA: Even if I remove the sandals, the game still thinks she's wearing them. You said you made a non-base game version first? So I'm guessing you used that version of the sim to make this one? Maybe the glitch could've been avoided by making the base game version first. It's like those sandals are permanently attached to your sim. I even stripped all clothes and accessories and it still shows that she's wearing them.
    Thanks so much for your help @IceyJ :) I thought that too, but I made the base game version first. Just incase I checked the none base game version and although the gallery says those sandals are in there (thanks to your tip) I did not even use them in the none base game version. So it might be the mesh thingy you mentioned, perhaps its something the guru's should have a look at.

Here is my non basegame sim outfits.

zeRQd83.png

zumdpzg.png

sAlQLUa.png

Might be those basegame sandals, just not sure who to contact about this. @SimQARobo you usually help with gallery issues, could you please forward this error :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited July 2018
    Perhaps these invisible sandals were part of a situation outfit/npc attire? I know for sure some Sims of mine have been saved with strange CAS items listed even though I never gave them any of that. For example, when I saved a townie that was once a city weirdo it'll sometimes say that they have a raccoon suit in one of their outfits even though I clearly never had it on them. Another example is a Sim I created that was used as a restaurant waiter before I went and saved the Sim, to which it listed the waiter outfit amongst his attire.

I would try making a complete clone of her and apply all the outfits onto the clone again, then delete the original and upload the clone instead and see if it'll remove everything.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Wow that is weird @paradiseplanet . I never check that. I only checked it now because I specially did base game only. Perhaps I should check more often.
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    @mcrudd

Strange. We'll look into it.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Thank you @SimQARobo. :)
    @mcrudd

After inspecting the Sim, I was told that the asset is on the Sim's career outfit. Did that Sim participate in any careers prior to being uploaded to the Gallery? Or were the career outfits edited in any way?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    edited August 2018
    @SimQARobo I have never edited career outfits in game. I also do not have mods that allow it, I play a mod and cc free game. She works from home with our new seasons career in flower arranging. She is a level 10 floral designer.

TuLvcm0.png

Thanks so much for looking into this :)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @SimQARobo I have never edited career outfits in game. I also do not have mods that allow it, I play a mod and cc free game. She works from home with our new seasons career in flower arranging. She is a level 10 floral designer.

TuLvcm0.png

I see. When working as a floral designer, is the Sim wearing those Movie Hangout sandals?
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    mcrudd wrote: »

TuLvcm0.png

I see. When working as a floral designer, is the Sim wearing those Movie Hangout sandals?

I have never let her go to work, she usually works from home and does not change into different outfits. I could load up that save and sent her to work and see what happens :)
    @SimQARobo They are indeed part of the career outfit. I never knew it because my sim preferred to work from home. Here is a pic of her career outfit.

RQdV52I.png
    Sorry my screenshot is a bit blurry, here is a snippet of the sim instead.

HVFWB3E.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What bothers me is why are sandals from a stuff pack tied to a career from Seasons? What if someone doesn't have Movie Hangout; do they instead go to work barefoot?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    What bothers me is why are sandals from a stuff pack tied to a career from Seasons? What if someone doesn't have Movie Hangout; do they instead go to work barefoot?

I don't think the sandals are tied to the outfit, more a question of the game randomly selecting from what was available.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.