Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kids don't care about grand meal

how silly kids love food
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Maybe they just don't like to sit still too long during Winterfest :D
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

thats possible I guess
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

That would be very realistic :smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have my hopes up that someone will make an "all sims care for every tradition regardless of traits and age" mod.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    Same for teens. At least my sims. They didn’t care :(
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I didn’t think that too unlikely. As a kid I wasn’t bothered about big meals like Christmas dinner etc
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I think that can be applied to the real life, too. What fun is sitting behind the table and eating anyway? Children want to play and teens want to do their own things. As a child I didn't want to sit in the grand meals because I was (and still am) a picky eater. I didn't eat anything and if there were something to eat, I didn't have fun and wanted it to end as soon as possible. When I heard that there is going to be a grand meal, I was ready to do anything to not go there. Now I'm glad my country doesn't have Thanksgiving. Grand meals were usually in family reunions, older person's birthdays, weddings and funerals.
    well I think kids and teens that have the foodie trait should like grand meals at least
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    They might ignore the tradition, but that doesn't stop them from autonomously eating the leftovers afterward. At least, that's true of mine.
    image.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I don't know, as a child I was never really fond of potato salad and sausages, which many people seem to call a "christmas feast". Actually, I'm still not very fond of it.
    I really like that some sims don't care about certain traditions, my loner sim for example skipped Love Day completely which is pretty realistic if you ask me. It also makes it easier to follow the traditions when not every sim needs every tradition to be happy.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think it should depend on the kid. For example if they have the Social aspiration or the traits good, outgoing, or foodie for example, they should care about it. Same goes for teens, it seems like by default NO kid ot teen cares but that is just a lazy way around, most shouldn't care, but some should.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited August 2018
    well I think kids and teens that have the foodie trait should like grand meals at least

It turns out that if a child or a teen is has glutton trait or a toddler has angelic, charmer, or clingy trait, they won't ignore that tradition and instead love it.
    Family-Oriented sims will also love this tradition, but only adults can have this trait.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

It turns out that if a child or a teen is has glutton trait or a toddler has angelic, charmer, or clingy trait, they won't ignore that tradition and instead love it.
    Family-Oriented sims will also love this tradition, but only adults can have this trait.

Oh really? I never use the glutton trait. I noticed with toddlers is like that but I never had a child or teen so far that was interested in the meal.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I agree, when I saw that my kids ignore the tradition, I was like "WHAAA?" A good 6 years ago I was still a kid myself and I loved food on Christmas, my cousins do so too, and they're 3-7 years old. I just cried a bit inside when I saw that. Just let my kids be little greedy gremlins for one time, EA! Think of the children! x)
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I honestly don't understand why kids wouldn't care about the grand meal! I loved grand meals as a kid - especially the ones we had near Christmas with all of our relatives. I liked eating delicious food. I liked listening to grownups talk while we ate and i liked joining in their conversation. And i just loved the peaceful and calming atmosphere at the table. Maybe that's just me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hm. My teens cared, but then again they LOVE to eat. LOL What troubles me about the Grand Meal, is you only get an Entre. What's up with that? No sides? Gotta have the Mashed potatoes and gravy, the cranberry sauce, the Sweet Potatoes or Yams. The STUFFING. The biscuits, dinner rolls or what have you. All the frills are MISSING. No wonder the kids turn their noses up at it. My grandchildren call the cranberry sauce, the purple stuff. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    I don't think it's a matter of sitting in the Sims 4, because my sims usually don't stay on their butts or even at dining tables, but roam around somewhere, foodplate in hand. I even couldn't manage to summon them all for the food gathering, because some had routing failures, others were more interested in the gym, and I think only the mother sat down and ate the great meal at the table.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
    Hm. My teens cared, but then again they LOVE to eat. LOL What troubles me about the Grand Meal, is you only get an Entre. What's up with that? No sides? Gotta have the Mashed potatoes and gravy, the cranberry sauce, the Sweet Potatoes or Yams. The STUFFING. The biscuits, dinner rolls or what have you. All the frills are MISSING. No wonder the kids turn their noses up at it. My grandchildren call the cranberry sauce, the purple stuff. ;)

got to have that purple stuff :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I know it's not all the trimmings of a "thanksgiving" or "Christmas" meal, but if you prepare multiple meals, including the grand meal (such as asparagus, fruit pie, heck, anything) when you "call to grand meal" on the grand meal, sims will pick random meals from all that is offered. So it is a grand meal in the fact that sims see all meals available as the grand meal and not just the ones listed as grand. :)
    p8L4V6v.png