Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• KriintKriint Posts: 12 New Member
    Thank you *hugs*

FORUM ID: Kriint
    ORIGIN ID: Kriint

LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT:
    LOT COST: 3.000
    LOT NAME: The lighthouse (built) / Optimist's Outlook (shared)
    BUILD COST: 518.933
    TOTAL COST: 521.933
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

ENTRY DETAILS: I reimagined the Windenburg island as a Greek themed one. The Blue Sunrise Hotel is the perfect place to relax during your vacation. Here you will find your zen and you will leave with a perfect tan. With a huge infinity pool, a sea-food restaurant, yoga classes offered daily, a relaxing massage inside a cave, and a gift shop to buy all your souvenirs. The hotel is built on a cliff and flora is growing all around it, there are aquariums around the hallways replicating the Greek reefs with its fish. At 12 o'clock you can hear the church bells ringing from the belfry, the waves of the sea and the sound of the seagulls.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Kriint wrote: »
    Thank you *hugs*
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #100 Oceanside Resort
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3D253B0E9A6411E88F693C2574E1C2F6?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Kriint&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JLsyNr137NcVZGoW8
    ENTRY DETAILS: I reimagined the Windenburg island as a Greek themed one. The Blue Sunrise Hotel is the perfect place to relax during your vacation. Here you will find your zen and you will leave with a perfect tan. With a huge infinity pool, a sea-food restaurant, yoga classes offered daily, a relaxing massage inside a cave, and a gift shop to buy all your souvenirs. The hotel is built on a cliff and flora is growing all around it, there are aquariums around the hallways replicating the Greek reefs with its fish. At 12 o'clock you can hear the church bells ringing from the belfry, the waves of the sea and the sound of the seagulls.
    CMEtsSJ.png
    dPNrCsf.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @Kriint mamma mia who!?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SILVIAEGIGIZINISILVIAEGIGIZINI Posts: 294 Member
    @Kriint No words ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ masterpiece ♥♥♥♥♥

• asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    I had such a hard time choosing between windenburg and Brindleton bay. Ultimately I ended up using Brindleton Bay because I finally caught lightening in a couple of pictures and thought it was SO cool.
    Now Im having builders remorse, I should've submitted sunny windenburg instead >.>
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    asap24 wrote: »
    I had such a hard time choosing between windenburg and Brindleton bay. Ultimately I ended up using Brindleton Bay because I finally caught lightening in a couple of pictures and thought it was SO cool.
    Now Im having builders remorse, I should've submitted sunny windenburg instead >.>

Heh, I started photographing in Windenburg on a sunny Sunday morning, and within half a dozen shots it clouded over. XD Appropriate, since there's real-life thunder outside my house as I'm doing this. :p I'm still getting some cool shots, and it IS nice to see how my hotel looks in different weather conditions, so I'm rolling with it. :)
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2018
    CHALLENGE #100 - Oceanside Resort
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Cavalier Cove
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/295DEA439A8F11E88639D8E8C921040E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3000
    LOT NAME: Brindleton Bay Hotel
    BUILD COST: $686,981
    TOTAL COST: $ 689,981
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjYGplrsnaGQaYRnBDgYARftocQ
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YtY4ZMJ.png
    BCOV75r.png
    9FHOoJR.png
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    LOT: https://tinyurl.com/y8sfot3w
    LOT COST: 12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head (renamed Bayview Hotel)
    BUILD COST: $737,981
    TOTAL COST: $749,981

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://simmershen.blogspot.com/2018/08/this-is-my-beach-style-hotel-set-in.html

ENTRY DETAILS: I chpose Brindleton Bay to build in. It's my favourite world and one I find more comfortable building in as I prefer the build and buy items. I decided on a beach-style hotel, with individual rooms accessed through their own front doors and porches. The luxury apartments get their own private space at the back of their rooms and have more luxury fittings. I also really wanted to include and outdoor barbecue area and also a stage area for performances outside at night time, one of my fondest memories of being on holiday. I chose to stick to blues and white but did make some of the rooms individualised.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, used the MOO cheat and the Shift+[ cheats.
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 38674404_10157724067583761_5435764687750823936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=632ff173c00cce23c066fe6f1eacf5db&oe=5C027600

38689619_10157724067723761_5062808973514637312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=810cd25ac77eee366dc8866b2eb96a30&oe=5BC8EF20

• avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
    WOW!!!
    Kriint wrote: »
    Thank you *hugs*

LOT:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Wow everyone! Really, really fantastic build so far. @StSciurus - your build looks amazing, too. So sad that you won't be able to finish it. RL Work gets in the way...lol
  • SILVIAEGIGIZINISILVIAEGIGIZINI Posts: 294 Member
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @SoulGal7 ! The creations so far for this challenge have been magnificent! :smiley:
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited August 2018

FORUM ID: Pallystyle
    ORIGIN ID: Pallystyle
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A090A87B9A7811E88CCBE304D35C66BA
    LOT COST: 12,000
    LOT NAME: Hound's Head (BB)
    BUILD COST: 713,646
    TOTAL COST: 725,646 (ingame it when placed it says 725,976)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/39gjSut
    ENTRY DETAILS: (This lot was originally built as a restaurant so I tried to make most tables and desks not really usable except for in the restaurant so people wouldn't be all over the place. This is why the family suite does not have a table and chairs for eating at.) Welcome to Anchors Aweigh Resort. A seaside family friendly resort. We have 2 full suites one design for families and one designed for newlyweds. The family suite has 3 separate bedrooms and baths. There are 2 double beds, one single and a toddler bed. Living space, small kitchenette and private decks. The honeymoon suite has a spacious living area with fireplace and a small kitchenette with a full bathroom on the first floor. Upstairs is a bedroom with private sun porch. A private hot tub for some romantic fun and separate bathrooms for those who aren't quite ready to share everything. We also have plenty of smaller rooms to fit any budget. 4 single full sized bed rooms and 4 double full sized bed rooms. As well as 2 single bed rooms. All have their own private bathrooms. You can enjoy dinner at our in house 'Under the Sea' restaurant, relax in the Red Rum lounge or spend a relaxing day in the sun by our anchor shaped pool. There are 2 small gyms on the third floor one for the men and one for the ladies. Don't worry if you have forgotten anything, we have a lovely little gift shop that offers a little bit of everything. Don't forget to swing by the lobby every morning for your complimentary coffee and pastries. We are just a short distance from the ocean and many little fun trails. We hope you will consider us for your next vacation. You will enjoy the stay at, Anchors Aweigh Resort.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but I used in game photos of Brindleton Bay taken by Gemzapro found on the gallery.
    TWITTER TAG: Pallystyle
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mazey Garten

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    gHJq3v1.png
    SahbOES.png
    Post edited by Pallystyle on
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @Pallystyle ♥♥ the pool is very very cool ♥♥♥

Thank you! It made me wish for rounded pool corners.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    @Pallystyle Cool build! <3
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    So, as several other builders have already expressed, this challenge - as well as life - got the best of me, which makes me a very sad panda since I really love my build and, worse still, it's actually complete! The only problem is, there aren't enough hours in the day to pull a respectable slideshow together. I even made a collection of guests and employees for the setting too, but I won't have the time I need to do a slideshow for them either, therefore, double sad panda. Anywho. For anyone interested, this is what my resort, called Seaside Heights, ended up looking like...

IYOViOl.png

Xutl93v.png

dGUNfU1.png

YmMByzl.png

Happy building and good luck to those who managed to pull this one off!
    Ro
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Oh, I love that glass roof on top! :)
    image.png
    Oh, I love that glass roof on top! :)

That's one of my favorite parts of the build too! It allowed the sunlight to filter down the main stairs on all four floors.

aBB3WVy.png
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    I am reasonably sure something is wrong with my game. I have 2 seperate cottages with luxus bedrooms, 1 cottage with all the double bedrooms, the main hotel building (still missing the foyer and office, but 5 bedrooms and the kitchen and dining room finished), one empty cottage, a huge pool and a restaurant so far and I am at 270000...... usually I struggle with money but this time?!?!?! Guess I can tank a ton of money in landscaping later on, but I really really fear tgat my game just forgot to add up the total amount :P

Btw, I used the lot called "Hounds Head", which luckily for me already has a driveway and fences. So much easier

You are doing just fine, @Talea12345 ! Believe me, §750,000 is much harder to spend than you think. I think the generous budget may be there to let your imagination run wild. :wink:

I can easily spend all of the 750K ... building and landscaping alone got me over 300K ... hehe
    @BuildnShare
    Dear judges.... I would like to ask for an extension - yet again... The pic taking issue is getting the best of me, and I really want to enter. So I ask you kindly to grant me an extension of 24 hours. Thanks in advance...
    /Laireen
    Laireen35 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare
    Dear judges.... I would like to ask for an extension - yet again... The pic taking issue is getting the best of me, and I really want to enter. So I ask you kindly to grant me an extension of 24 hours. Thanks in advance...
    /Laireen

Wait. That...this...this is an option?

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Laireen35 - as there seem to be a couple of people having difficulties with pictures and the sheer size of this build, we are willing to grant an extension of 4 days. We are giving you the whole weekend!! We will announce this on our twitter feed and our Facebook page. You have until midnight Sunday PDT to get your entries in.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Laireen35 - as there seem to be a couple of people having difficulties with pictures and the sheer size of this build, we are willing to grant an extension of 4 days. We are giving you the whole weekend!! We will announce this on our twitter feed and our Facebook page. You have until midnight Sunday PDT to get your entries in.

YAY!!!! Nice move, judges!

Er Ma Gawd! *runs off to celebrate*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top