Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Put SOCKS On Your Sims?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    I add socks when an outfit calls for it.
    But recently I have noticed that tucked in shirts for males are not working as they should when adding socks.
    After bit of testing around I found out that when a Sim is wearing wrist & SOCKS accessories AND a tucked in shirt, the shirt will not stay tucked in. Once I delete either the wrist or socks accessory, the shirt will get tucked in.
    For some rerason the wrist and socks accessories are not very good friends combined with tucked in shirts.
    So from now on I'll rather skip socks than wrist accessories when adding a tucked in shirt ;)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    RatqueenCathRatqueenCath Posts: 2 New Member
    Sometimes
    Only if I think it adds to their outfit or I'm being extra!
  • Options
    Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    Sometimes
    I only add them when I'm going for a certain look that needs them.
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.
  • Options
    ponygir44ponygir44 Posts: 11 New Member
    Sometimes
    If i can't see the socks then I won't. But if i want to have the kids attend like a private school or something ill have the girls wear skirts with knee high socks or thigh high socks or something. Or i'll have it in active or sleep wear!
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Never
    I'm in shock that never is not higher...I guess I need to step up my sock game.
  • Options
    mari_c1mari_c1 Posts: 74 Member
    Sometimes
    i just recently started putting socks on my sims bc i realized how weird it looked when they werent at least wearing ankle socks lol
    sappy himming :)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    Nope! And yes. I never wear socks myself in rl except on rare occasion and the same goes for my Sims. I never bother putting socks on the Sims except maybe athletic socks for gym wear and in some occasion a pantyhose here or closed leggings there and then usually if a Sim is wearing a dress and it would look better with socks or pantyhoses. I never bother removing socks from a premade or game generated townie unless they clash horribly with an outfit. But I really have a huge petpeeve against is when Sims wear socks to bed. Whenever playing a premade or a game generated townie I have moved in, I always check their feet when they go to sleep and have them change post haste. Same goes with footwear. What?! Noone in my Save is allowed that except Mortimer, but then he is an excentric and the bunny slippers look cute on him :tongue:
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    Sorry. Double post :blush:
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on sim's style and outfit in general but most of the time I don't make them wear socks
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sometimes
    I usually don't give my Sims shoes that require socks. But with Seasons coming out that might have to change for fall and winter!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Sometimes
    jennihope wrote: »
    it depends on the outfit.
    Same
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Sometimes
    I typically always randomize my sims outfits and so they'll either have socks on or not. Honestly, the only sims I make wear socks are my toddlers in their pajamas. I just think it completes the look lol
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Sometimes
    If it adds to their outfit. Sometimes for their pajamas...”youll catch a cold in those barefeet” is ingrained in my head lol
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Always
    Funny question. I'm actually super 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about socks in real life, and unless I'm wearing sandals I always have them on so it's like second nature to me to put them on my Sims unless of course they're also wearing sandals or going swimming.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    Never
    I really don't see the point, especially when I put them on pants mostly. Even with shorts on I still don't put them on socks. I might put my female sims on knee high socks with sleepwear. Other than that I forget socks are in the game most of the time I rarely ever use them.
  • Options
    Poli69plPoli69pl Posts: 72 Member
    Never
    I always forget about them :smiley:
  • Options
    chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    Sometimes
    Only if it's sports clothing or outerwear.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Sometimes
    I do mostly if their skin is showing. If I can't see the sock, I don't add it. Maybe I mostly add it for males, ansd rarely for kids. Adult females would rather get leggings/nylons so I guess this all depends on gender and how formal the outfit is.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    xxritaaaaaaaxxxxritaaaaaaaxx Posts: 31 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes, when I pick shorts or something, but usually I forget :v
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Sometimes

I dress the little pixel people like they're real, lol - if the shoes and outfit call for socks, I put them on, but for certain types of shoes, I opt not to, like loafers and boat/deck shoes. Or sandals, of course. I even put socks (but no shoes) on them for special outfits just for them to relax around the house in, so I could see me using that mod one day. :smile:
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Sometimes
    I hardly ever wear socks myself so I only use them on my sims to complete an outfit.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Always
    Im one of the people that hate when I change the pants that are wearing and realize that they haven't been wearing socks. I cringe on the inside.
  • Options
    NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    Sometimes
    It depends on the Sim, and it depends on the outfit.
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • Options
    WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    Sometimes
    Most of the time I forget. If I don't see them, they don't need them
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool