Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What size home do you prefer?

13...Next

Comments

• LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    Medium
    I'm not sure about the build itself but I only play at 30X20 - 40X30 lots, others are either too small or too big
  • BittersweetBittersweet Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2018
    Large/Mansions
    For houses, I prefer both medium and large size. I prefer a large lot so you have the option to decide on different house sizes. Plus if Sims 4 ever gets cars, I'm guessing it'd be similar to Sims 2 with the L-shaped driveway placement requirements. If you have a large house with not much space left on the lot, it's going to be hard to figure out where to put a driveway. Yes, I'm still hoping we get cars lol.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Medium
    Small or medium houses for myself - I like a challenge and I don't like having too much extra space. I enjoy more of a challenge in the game and I don't like having a ton of extra space. Just enough for everyone to have their own rooms and some living areas. Most of my households have 3 bedroom, 2/1.5 bathrooms.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Medium
    Something in between small and medium.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Medium
    30x20, 30x40, those are my kind of lots for houses in general. And I like to always build a nice backyard and some landscaping/garden around so the house itself occupies a smaller space. Usually 3 bedrooms, 5 bedrooms maximum. I also don't like building huge bedrooms since like irl I don't really see the point since you only go there to sleep and get dressed basically.

I don't like houses that are too big since it is a pain to play in them but I also rarely play in small ones since I like to play with 3 to 6 sims in a household (even if I usually start with just 1 or 2 sims).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2018
    Medium
    I like my houses to have anywhere from 2-4 bedrooms and 2-3 bathrooms. Most of my families have anywhere from 2-5 kids so they need something that can accommodate them. I don't play sims that live in mansions but I always have at least two townies that are rich and live in one for story purposes and I also have a poorer neighborhood, too. Most of my sims seem to be middle class. Not rich but not poor either.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Small
    Zidien wrote: »
    I like small homes or apartmens. It is a challenge for me.

That, and too big houses...
    1. It takes too long to get anywhere if you can't teleport of fly like a bat
    2. What to do with all the rooms? It's like when you walk into a castle and they go "And here is the Queens Chambermaid's nephews private sittingroom. That's sitting room 1025".
    3. The natural size for me comes dynamically. For one to three sims? A one level house on a 20x30 plot is actually enough. I have never EVER felt the need to go bigger than 30x40.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    Medium
    Small to medium.
    Even with a larger family its a pain to gather everyone together when they have to walk the length of the lot two times over.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Other
    I like small and medium homes, I will use large now and then depending on how it fits the story arc.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Medium
    I like the 30x40 and 40x40 lots the most
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    Large/Mansions
    I like to make my home bigger as my sims progress in their careers so I tend to always be aiming for a larger one
  • AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    Medium

I prefer 4 bdrms, 2 baths. One level homes are easier to deal with when you have a full house. large homes are beautiful, but it takes a sim 1/2 a day to cross the house, lol & i dont have time for that :D
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Other
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I prefer mansions and large the bigger the better. I like fort sims to have LOTS of rooms.

Big enough for multiple generations, but not too big or too small. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Small
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I prefer mansions and large the bigger the better. I like fort sims to have LOTS of rooms.

Big enough for multiple generations, but not too big or too small. :)

I always kick everyone out except my main Sim for that generation.
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    Small
    I like small houses and apartments. I like to put myself up to a challenge of cramming neccessary living furniture into an apartment in an elegant way. I also prefer smaller spaces as they feel more homely to me, as I myself have a small room irl. Clutter and decoration leave way more of an impact, so to speak, in smaller spaces, at least to me.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Large/Mansions
    Whenever I try to build a smaller home, it ends up too small for my needs, and when I try to make it bigger, it becomes a mansion. Since I can never get the in-between, medium size, I prefer the larger ones.
    Small
    Whenever I try to build a smaller home, it ends up too small for my needs, and when I try to make it bigger, it becomes a mansion. Since I can never get the in-between, medium size, I prefer the larger ones.

i am not a builder, not really. I tend to avoid building and focus on remodelling. That is quite often I download a house, keep the outside and move walls around inside. Or just designate new furniture and new colors. Often that's enough to make a heck of a difference in efficiency and yes, style.