Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why clean clothes in hamper

1235...Next

Comments

• minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am having a similar issue, I've always been able to wash from my hamper, but when my sims change clothes, many times they are clean or pristine piles that end up on the floor (due to hamper full or slob sim) the piles, laying on the floor, that are "clean" or pristine" I can put in the hamper but cannot put away. My sims, of course, do not pick up these "clean" or "pristine" clothing piles so it is getting annoying, though not as bad as it would be if my hamper wasn't working as well.

I have all the packs currently out, but I have never used mods or cc.

28168106_2028707360479032_4896226135803615630_n.jpg?oh=c34379379a8d516dcdb15d7ae53cff12&oe=5B473A85

*update* I have used the repair game option via origin, and the problem still persists. However, I have found I can sell these odd piles for a simolian.
    Post edited by minkydpain on
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    New patch, same problem. However, I'm doing something a little different to help alleviate it. My Sim's home is two bedroom, one bathroom, and a basement that's a home gym. I put hampers in the one bedroom they sleep in, the bathroom, and in the basement. I may still have a hamper with clean clothes from time to time, but the other ones function fine.

I also noticed in my current save how long your sim wears the clothes before changing may also affect this. If they change clothes a lot, and you only have one hamper you're guaranteed to still have this problem.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have the problem back in another family. but she only has one hamper. I'll see if it resolves itself when I put in 2.
  • RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    Sorry if I am asking a questions that's already been answered but can somebody tell me why my sim refuses to put the clothes on the clothesline? I took them out of the washing machine and there is indeed an option "hand on clothesline" but every time i tell her to do that, she picks up the clothes and then sets it back on the ground right away. The clothes line is literally next to her. @_@
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2018
    there maybe something either real or imaginary that only she he can see. try and make sure there is at least two squares all around it.
    I've been playing the Bheeda's all day in Willow creek, gave them 2 hampers, same problem. clean clothes in both hampers, I had to wait a dew days until they were washable.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I had to sell yet another full hamper because my Sims were starting to drop clothes everywhere.

I really wish they fixed bugs in patches...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yep issue exists for me every now and then. I sell the hampers to solve. I tend to do laundry daily, not sure if that’s a part of the problem.

Has there been a legit solution yet?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    there maybe something either real or imaginary that only she he can see. try and make sure there is at least two squares all around it.
    I've been playing the Bheeda's all day in Willow creek, gave them 2 hampers, same problem. clean clothes in both hampers, I had to wait a dew days until they were washable.

So for you, the clean clothes in the hamper become dirty after a couple of days, which then allows you to wash them?
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

So for you, the clean clothes in the hamper become dirty after a couple of days, which then allows you to wash them?
    The clothes in the hamper will become dirty over time. It can take a few days for them to become dirty enough to wash because the decay is very slow. There is a mod to speed up the decay so that you can wash them after a couple of hours. http://simfileshare.net/download/438123/
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hi, just wanted to share an update...

We've got a successful fix internally for the "clean clothes in the hamper" issue. What we discovered is that any Sim who had the moodlet for Clean or Pristine clothing was causing the clothing piles generated when a Sim changes their outfits to be clean or pristine, thus preventing them from being washed until their cleanliness decayed over time to become Used. While this issue could occur in any home, it is somewhat exacerbated in homes with multiple Sims and few hampers, as the clean clothing that gets generated would overpower the legitimately dirty clothing, thus preventing you from washing the clothing that's stored inside the hamper. To fix this, any time a Sim changes outfits while they have a Clean or Pristine laundry moodlet, the clothing pile that's generated will have its Cleanliness level set to Used, allowing it to always be washed.

In regards to getting your hands on this fix, I can share that it isn't currently scheduled for our next game update, but the one following that.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hi, just wanted to share an update...

We've got a successful fix internally for the "clean clothes in the hamper" issue. What we discovered is that any Sim who had the moodlet for Clean or Pristine clothing was causing the clothing piles generated when a Sim changes their outfits to be clean or pristine, thus preventing them from being washed until their cleanliness decayed over time to become Used. While this issue could occur in any home, it is somewhat exacerbated in homes with multiple Sims and few hampers, as the clean clothing that gets generated would overpower the legitimately dirty clothing, thus preventing you from washing the clothing that's stored inside the hamper. To fix this, any time a Sim changes outfits while they have a Clean or Pristine laundry moodlet, the clothing pile that's generated will have its Cleanliness level set to Used, allowing it to always be washed.

In regards to getting your hands on this fix, I can share that it isn't currently scheduled for our next game update, but the one following that.

Thanks for the update Graham! But (I presume the April monthly patch is the patch following the next one) the fix seems an awful long time to wait for Used clothing :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HandsomeLad42HandsomeLad42 Posts: 1 New Member
    First of, this is my first post on the forum so thank you all for having me. :smile:

> @SimGuruGraham said:
    > Hi, just wanted to share an update...
    >
    > We've got a successful fix internally for the "clean clothes in the hamper" issue. What we discovered is that any Sim who had the moodlet for Clean or Pristine clothing was causing the clothing piles generated when a Sim changes their outfits to be clean or pristine, thus preventing them from being washed until their cleanliness decayed over time to become Used. While this issue could occur in any home, it is somewhat exacerbated in homes with multiple Sims and few hampers, as the clean clothing that gets generated would overpower the legitimately dirty clothing, thus preventing you from washing the clothing that's stored inside the hamper. To fix this, any time a Sim changes outfits while they have a Clean or Pristine laundry moodlet, the clothing pile that's generated will have its Cleanliness level set to Used, allowing it to always be washed.
    >
    > In regards to getting your hands on this fix, I can share that it isn't currently scheduled for our next game update, but the one following that.

As we all know that we can have more than one slots for each category (e.g. Everyday Slot 1, 2, 3 etc). So if the purpose of this pack supposed to be making The Sims 4 a bit realistic, instead of making the clothes only available to wash on certain qualities and generating them each time sim changing outfits, why not just make the outfit and the slot unavailable to use until sim wash the clothes they just put off regardless on the current qualities ?

It looks silly as I can spam as much as clothes I want whenever the sim changing two same outfits every sec. Might as well making this a good money making method. :neutral:
  • FrnstntnFrnstntn Posts: 81 Member
    It’s the same when you have a fragranced clothes moodlet and change your clothes, butterflies surround your dirty laundry basket.
  • AnnetteAnnette Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else had the issue of the only option once clothes are done drying in dryer is to "unload and set down"? Which makes them dirty again..... If i hang on the clothesline I can "unload and put away". I've deleted the dryer and purchased a new one but that didn't do anything
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Annette wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the issue of the only option once clothes are done drying in dryer is to "unload and set down"? Which makes them dirty again..... If i hang on the clothesline I can "unload and put away". I've deleted the dryer and purchased a new one but that didn't do anything

It’s happening in my game too. I put them down and then back to the washer.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Annette wrote: »

I happens every so often in my game. They only put the clothes away if they are neat if they aren't they set it down.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    My sims often will take out clean laundry from dryer and then put it on the floor making a pile. Why can't we just click on a pile and make them fold it instead of taking it to humper and do laundry all over again?
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I've noticed if I left any laundry in the dryer before going to another world, then when my sim is back, dry laundry becomes used and must be washed again. But I want to observe it more before confirming.