Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How hard is it to release a hotfix Maxis for blurry screens? Seriously...pls!

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
As some of you know first hand or as reported online, since the last July patch Sims 4 screenshots are a blurry mess. Maxis/guru's are aware of the issue and looking into it.

Great so where's the hotfix one week later? Don't see anything announced for tomorrow's patch day either...

What annoys me is this isn't a gameplay issue, this is a technical graphic back end rendering code issue that should be straight forward to fix (unless they REALLY broke some code) that doesn't involve a lot of beta work.

Assuming its not catastrophic broken code, I don't understand why Maxis couldn't simple fix this single issue asap via hot fix? Fair usually most issues that are bugs are avoidable and not game breaking but at least for me The Sims series has always been about creating stories and I like to capture those stories as they happen.

If I can't capture my stories, then I basically can't play the sims 4. If i can't play, because a basic function of the game is broken then it needs to be fixed asap and I'm far from the only one complaining about this.

Has Maxis NEVER HEARD of a hotfix patch?! You know a single little patch that fixes one issue and doesn't require it to be bundled with OTHER bigger patches with cleverly written patch notes? Again this shouldn't even BE broken, what on earth are you doing with your code that it breaks what is basically a graphic line of code that I assume would be tucked away with the rendering code.

I just want to be able to take screenshots again...and you know play the Sims 4.

On the plus side it forced me to take a break and start playing Endless Space 2...which I bought like a year ago and never touched lol...still.

Seriously fix your game Maxis.

Thank you!

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I'm pretty sure they've done a few hotfix patches before previously. Not sure why it's taking them some time but I'm assuming they only knew about it after Tuesday and only had Wed, Thursday and Friday to figure it out and obviously they don't work during the weekends. I think they will probably need a couple of days from this week to find a fix and hopefully, we will get a patch at the end of the week.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Wholeheartedly agree with this - bugs that only take a quick fix should be patched asap.

It's interesting seeing other game devs being more open about this, almost eye-opening experience for me. I wish Maxis/EA would be more open and scheduling like say, the Fortnite community devs. Bugs ruin a game.
  • SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi there!

As Kate and Nick stated in twitter this will be fixed soon with our next patch. Sorry for the incovenience and thanks a lot for your patience. We are aware this could be frustating for you guys :(

Happy Simming! :D
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I can't play my game until it's fixed :(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hi there!

As Kate and Nick stated in twitter this will be fixed soon with our next patch. Sorry for the incovenience and thanks a lot for your patience. We are aware this could be frustating for you guys :(

Happy Simming! :D

But how ''soon''? If I have to wait the end of August it's a shame.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can understand wanting to fix a few bugs then release a patch, but they really should release a fix for the blurry screenshots ASAP. It's unplayable for me as well until it is fixed because I need those screenshots for my story.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2018
    So we are possibly looking at nearly a month with blurriness?!?! Ugh, it is so brutal on the eyes, really it is and then of course the quality of the screenshots are just awful, and zoomed far out.

The Optometry field may be booming vision screening appointments soon ;) just kidding, but after viewing the gallery you do wonder if your eyes are seriously going bad. Hoping this will be a priority, because it is bad to play and have all this blur.

Post edited by brenleedee on
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    You pretty much said it. The way EA does things really makes me appreciate other game companies a lot more. If this were any other big company this would have been hotfixed by now.

There's no good excuse for it to take this long (I'm in the industry and know plenty of devs, I know how long a fix like this should realistically take).
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sim guru grant posted recently that he was editing update notes for an upcoming patch. Couldn’t say when, but doubtful it will be the end of the month probably either this week or next. And I’m sure they are trying here guys, let’s take it down a notch. They are probably trying to fix other issues as well with this patch. They understand it’s frustrating for many and there should be a patch soon. Let’s not act like we understand anything about their jobs. Unless you know someone who is a dev for EA, you don’t know or understand.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I try to be understanding, I really do, but this really should've been a fast hotfix, rather than something we have to wait for a patch that's coming ?soon?.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm stuck in Build Mode until this is fixed. Even then it's frustrating because I like taking screenshots of my builds.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I use greenshot and it works for all games.
    edited August 2018
    Well, it's Friday again, and there is still no fix for this issue... I still haven't played since acknowledging this issue because I need those screenshots. Pressing C puts them in the proper naming order as I have had them since the release of TS4, so using another program to take screenshots is just not ideal for me. I don't think I'm frustrated anymore about the devs not even creating a hotfix for this, but I am disappointed in them. They know a lot of us have stories, they know about this issue, and they know a lot of us can't play until it's fixed but yet they can't even release one quick hotfix for this? I'm sorry, but I feel that the Sims team really let us simmers down this time... :(
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Well, since we know that the upcoming patch will probably address more than just the blurry screen shots - LET'S HOPE that they are taking all of this extra time to fix REAL bugs. A fix for the simulation lag & sims teleporting should be in this patch.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I'm trying to be patient, but I'm really disappointed that there's still no fix for this. As I said earlier I can't play my game anymore because I need to take screenshots. I used to play everyday so I'm having major simming withdrawal right now.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I was so hoping for a fix this week :/
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    No hotfix or anything? It seems like I have to wait until I can play again. I take so many pictures when I play that this bug makes my gaming impossible until it is fixed. See you at the end of the month :angry:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    I am glad I found this thread as a creator I spend most of my time in game taking pictures of what I have created. Imagine my horror when I saw the pictures the game was taking. I am now having to screen capture everything (and I hate doing this) in order to have decent preview pictures. I hope they get this fixed soon.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
    I am glad I found this thread as a creator I spend most of my time in game taking pictures of what I have created. Imagine my horror when I saw the pictures the game was taking. I am now having to screen capture everything (and I hate doing this) in order to have decent preview pictures. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Yeah, it's not good at all. You know what though, I wonder why they can't give us an explanation as to why they won't release a quick hotfix for this. They could at least give us an explanation at the bare minimum, it would be much appreciated since many of us can't even play the game we invested so much money into anymore until it's fixed... Sorry, I guess I am still a bit bitter on how they are treating us TS4 fans. Any other game I would have just quit indefinitely, uninstalled, and said goodbye as it would have been shelved. So, you know the TS4 is something special to me. Again though, the devs really need to give some proper explanations as to why things can't be released instead of this secret society stuff. It's just not cool IMO, and I think if they did give more explanations I think the stress and frustration levels would be much less.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

Thanks Crin, it's good to know that it's coming out this week.