Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
No provision seems to have been made to the original houses in Granite Falls so a bit of updating with thermostats, fireplaces and provision for cooking hot meals in the Winter would be useful. I visited the smallest of them without thinking from Oasis Springs and my poor Sim could only prepare fruit salads. :'(
Post edited by Simburian on

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually thought of that just before sending sims there, myself. it helps that i already have a restaurant there, and i'd wanted to update its offerings with the new stuff from seasons. but i went in, totally replaced most of the lots, changed a few wallpapers/siding in the one you're talking about, ensured they all had fireplaces and thermostats and the decoration box, just in case. totally forgot to see if the one had a stove in it, though. oops
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Will thermostats work in Granite Falls? I've seen elsewhere people reporting have problems on community lots, not sure if it's the same for rentals.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    not a clue, but put them in anyway. it's still spring in my game (28 day seasons), so have a while until able to find out
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    Will thermostats work in Granite Falls? I've seen elsewhere people reporting have problems on community lots, not sure if it's the same for rentals.

I'm not sure. I put a thermostat in my rental vacation home there on the 2nd day of Winter but usage of it is greyed out. The red light shows brighter than the green though and my sim doesn't seem cold but there is no snow at present. At the moment she has changed to winter clothes and gone out to look around. It needs more research!

Update: Checked again and it said "power cut off. Pay your bills"
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I'm not sure. I put a thermostat in my rental vacation home there on the 2nd day of Winter but usage of it is greyed out. The red light shows brighter than the green though and my sim doesn't seem cold but there is no snow at present. At the moment she has changed to winter clothes and gone out to look around. It needs more research!

Try putting a mailbox on the lot? I built a house with a mailbox and the electronics worked (pre-Seasons). Bills were delivered and could be paid from the mailbox, though I was never sure if they were paying the bill for their house in Oasis Springs or the rental house.

I just want things to match. :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    No provision seems to have been made to the original houses in Granite Falls so a bit of updating with thermostats, fireplaces and provision for cooking hot meals in the Winter would be useful. I visited the smallest of them without thinking from Oasis Springs and my poor Sim could only prepare fruit salads. :'(

There are grills there for cooking.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited June 2018

Apparently that's been a thing in commercial lots too. I wonder if it's an oversight.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

There are grills there for cooking.

It's freezing outside!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Put in fireplaces in all the cabins..also use the firepits when outside. Make some comfy looking cold weather outfits to put on in the cabin (or outside if your sim is pretending to rough it...) You are right though it's good to prepare before you go.
    egTcBMc.png
    I've started to use the Cordelia beds in every cabin as well. Might as well give them more time to enjoy the snowy scenery.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member

They do not. Sent my sim family to GF for Winterfest, They had to wear their cold weather outfits inside the whole vacation. GF was very pretty in winter, though.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

They do not. Sent my sim family to GF for Winterfest, They had to wear their cold weather outfits inside the whole vacation. GF was very pretty in winter, though.

I've given my sims indoor cold weather outfits. Just pants and cozy sweaters.
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

I've given my sims indoor cold weather outfits. Just pants and cozy sweaters.

Looks like choosing more outdoor outfits that suit both inside and outside is the way to go. You can always check if they don't work and start freezing to death outdoors, click and change them. Easy!
    Just an late update that the thermostats have been fixed in the last Patch. Thank you EA/Maxis

"Thermostats now have their interactions available when placed on Commercial and Vacation lots".
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I did some heavy editing to Granite Falls in one of my games. I went in and added a campground pool and hot tub to the nature center lot. You can also go in and add stereos and other items to make them more comfortable. I would think that the Seasons expansions would have put thermostats in the rental houses in Granite Falls and Seldovarada. I think that the build/buy mode should be be enabled in these places because Sims always want to buy things and they can buy very limited things in those locations. I tried to go into edit world mode while my Sims were on vacation there and I couldn't do a thing with it. In the Sims 2 the camping experience offered more to do--I think Granite Falls needs to have an a clubhouse and pool area added on an additional lot like real campgrounds have with game rooms and other activities. Granite Falls is pretty but can pretty dull quickly.
  • brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    > @Bearflex said:
    > I did some heavy editing to Granite Falls in one of my games. I went in and added a campground pool and hot tub to the nature center lot. You can also go in and add stereos and other items to make them more comfortable. I would think that the Seasons expansions would have put thermostats in the rental houses in Granite Falls and Seldovarada. I think that the build/buy mode should be be enabled in these places because Sims always want to buy things and they can buy very limited things in those locations. I tried to go into edit world mode while my Sims were on vacation there and I couldn't do a thing with it. In the Sims 2 the camping experience offered more to do--I think Granite Falls needs to have an a clubhouse and pool area added on an additional lot like real campgrounds have with game rooms and other activities. Granite Falls is pretty but can pretty dull quickly.

Did you know the cheat bb.enablefreebuild will unlock all lots so you can build even while you're playing. It works for the hidden lots too like the Hermit's cabin, Sylvan Glade, Sixam, etc
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks for posting the tips! I was planning on redoing some of the lots in Granite Falls anyway due to some of the items that have been released since the time the pack it was part of came out and will keep the suggestions in mind as I work!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    This is all good information to have. I haven't had any Sims go there for quite some time. Certainly, only once after we got the Jungle Adventure pack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thanks @brittmspaceballs for the pointer, does testingcheats on need to enabled first?
  • brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    Thanks @brittmspaceballs for the pointer, does testingcheats on need to enabled first?

I would say yes but I honestly don't know. It's become a habit for me to turn it on. :smile:
    I tried that cheat, but then I couldn't figure out how to turn it off again. Suggestions on another thread didn't work. Will it eventually turn itself off? Will it cause glitches if it stays on? I backed out of my game without saving and it was disabled again, but then I couldn't get the stuff I wanted for their cabin either.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Only fruit salads? My boys always end up with steaks and hamburgers either prepped on grills or in the cabins on the stoves. Do those food items change with the season changes there? I have yet to experience winter (I just got into my first summer...trust me I'm a slow savor player) and am looking forward to checking out the woods when it comes around. Do the lakes there freeze too preventing fishing and do bugs go away?
  • BirkscheBirksche Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Bearflex said:
    > I tried that cheat, but then I couldn't figure out how to turn it off again. Suggestions on another thread didn't work. Will it eventually turn itself off? Will it cause glitches if it stays on? I backed out of my game without saving and it was disabled again, but then I couldn't get the stuff I wanted for their cabin either.

there is no need to turn off, when you leave the lot and came back, the cheat is off...only cheats with ending on/off or true/false must turn off ( sorry my english)
    edited August 2018
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Only fruit salads? My boys always end up with steaks and hamburgers either prepped on grills or in the cabins on the stoves. Do those food items change with the season changes there? I have yet to experience winter (I just got into my first summer...trust me I'm a slow savor player) and am looking forward to checking out the woods when it comes around. Do the lakes there freeze too preventing fishing and do bugs go away?

Just remember it came out a long time ago and have a quick look at the lots in build mode before you send anyone as you'll find a lot you might want to change but I do advise putting those thermometers in all of them and check whether the house actually has an indoor stove or fireplace. It does save a lot of time with them going in or out in the cold for meals. :)

I'm not sure whether tents can stop Sims from freezing to death in winter but I always stick one in their inventories in case they are a long way from base.

and that answered absolutely nothing i asked lol