Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

outfits

I was curios how many people make 5 outfits and leave them like that for the game or do you change them daily?

outfits 176 votes

change daily at the dresser
6%
Bagoas77Treebrookefallenangel66Emo-usagi2187ChelleyJayDeKayfewlinesbirdonawireSimTresaCupcakeyorkies79Loftyy 11 votes
keep same one or five all gameplay
49%
icmnfrshJaiSeaKita5399Erja888aprilrosedreamergrl84AlexaiColorist40applefeather2RebeccaJeanine71StrangerthanfadingaudioBeardedgeekAnmirlaMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenhihi122122natasha93cchant86slamonda 87 votes
other explain please
44%
GalacticGalIceyJWritin_Regvik92Thunderbat87elanorbretonkokoro80simgirl1010gingergirl_tDJQ1308robyngravesLadyDecafJestTruloubylouloustilljustme2KirbySkywalkerLizzychicagomitchiebanjoKim5496marberg 78 votes

Comments

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    other explain please
    oh goodness, I wouldn't be able to keep up with changing them every day. Personally, I keep a set out outfits until the season changes or I get bored of them. Usually I keep the sleep outfits the same the whole time. So I change them a few times, but not often.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    other explain please
    I usually keep the same 5 outfits until they age up, to show the sim's style changing as they mature.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    other explain please
    Well...normally I make 1 outfit but I change it throughout the gameplay.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    other explain please
    I make multiple outfits per category at the start and let the game decide what my sim wears.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    other explain please
    I change them up occasionally, but not every day. Like, Drucilla, my vampteen, changes when a phase hits her. Things like that. Or when I get an inspiration from some show or movie.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    other explain please
    I usually choose all five outfits and then let the sim decide what to wear. I change outfits when they age up. I sometimes also change outfits in the middle of the an age group to make them feel as though they have aged slightly.
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I just make 1 or 2 outfits per category and leave it at that. Occasionally I’ll add or change outfits when they age up.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    other explain please
    I don't change daily, but I will pick several everyday outfits and alternate between them during the week.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    other explain please
    I was curios how many people make 5 outfits and leave them like that for the game or do you change them daily?

I only have one or two outfits for each category because I already have four sims, so constant clothing changes in one category- i.e. everyday wear- means a lot of laundry. Lol.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    other explain please
    Some outfit types get more than one, some (PJs, swimwear, undies) get only one. Once the wardrobe is set I usually just let the sim decide unless I'm going for a particular look for a specific location/activity.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I only have 1 per category because I am too lazy to change them. I only change them when it fits the current storyline, like someone getting a makeover or something, but I never have more than 1 outfit per category.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    other explain please
    I fill most of the categories with outfits, and my sims dress themselves. It can be quite hilarious at times, as I use my sims for modelling comps, and so some of the outfits are a little extreme.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    other explain please
    I change whenever I feel bored.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited August 2018
    other explain please
    I change their outfits depending on what's going on in their story. Usually I make the 5 outfits have a few different swatches of the same clothes, maybe also hats a/o sunglasses for when they are outside.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    other explain please
    Shinzen wrote: »
    oh goodness, I wouldn't be able to keep up with changing them every day. Personally, I keep a set out outfits until the season changes or I get bored of them. Usually I keep the sleep outfits the same the whole time. So I change them a few times, but not often.

Same here :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited August 2018
    other explain please
    My sims change daily but I don't use the dresser.

I select 5 outfits for each category. When selecting outfits in Plan Outfits I select one outfit that falls within the category then remove the filters so everything is available. I'll select one formal, one party, one athletic, one swimwear, one sleep, then 4 regular outfits in those categories. So my sims basically have 40 outfits to rotate through. My sims shower or bathe at night so I just click on the sim each morning and select an outfit for the day.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    other explain please
    My typical sim would have three everyday outfits and 1-2 of all the others. I change them when sims age up, I get bored, get a new pack or just feel like it. Changing the outfits to suit the seasons sounds lovely, but can not be done in rotational play. I may try it if I return to my legacy challenge save one day.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    other explain please
    I make one Everyday outfit and just switch it out either when I feel like it or if something "major" happens in the game. New house, new kid, etc.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2018
    other explain please
    I make 5 outfits, and I change now and then, sometimes several times on the same day, sometimes every other day etc. Sims will autonomously switch between their outfits in my game. I update outfits now and then in cas when I get tired of them.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    other explain please
    Sometimes I give them a makeover when I get bored of their outfits. And I always change their outfits when they age up.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    other explain please
    I only usually have one outfit per category and I change the sleep and everyday ones at the start of each new play session. I change the formal and partywear ones after every outing my sims have when they wear them. I rarely change the swimming costumes.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I have too many saves and sims to make 5 outfits in most categories. They all have 1 outfit, and I change it up whenever I feel like it, or when big things happen. Like having kids, aging up, turning vampire. Vampire Dark form is also the exact same as normal. I just give them fangs, but keep the rest.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    other explain please
    I usually have 2-3 outfits for my male sims and 3-5 for the females. I used to change them as sims lives progressed but now I change them seasonally.
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    I only ever change outfits when my sims age up - definitely could not be bothered to change them every day