Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I suggest console to my friend?

Hi all :)

I've always played Sims on the PC but also own a console. My friend can't afford a new computer to play Sims 4 right now, but she has an Xbox One. With the updates and changes since release, would you recommend the console version for those who can't afford the PC?

I honestly know nothing about this version so I was hoping you could help a girl out.

Thanks!
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • robiokosrobiokos Posts: 16 Member
    It takes a lot of time (and patience) to get used to the controls. There is no gallery and building is generally a pain. I would probably wait for a sale or something.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I used to play on PC but haven't had one good enough/with space for the Sims for years now. I play on PS4 and I think this is the best console adaptation we've had so far. The controls do take a bit of getting used to, and I am experiencing the odd bug (but I think people playing on PC are also experiencing bugs) and while we don't have all the packs from PC, it's a really good game and I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • ericadownerxoericadownerxo Posts: 10 New Member
    No.. I can’t play on PC anymore as 3 of my computers can’t handle the game with expansions now it just crashes. So I bought it for console... it is horrible. The controls are literally unplayable.. unless you have all the patience of the world lol. Building is even more impossible. :( if they add keyboard and mouse support for console it would be great!!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    How much is she used to the controls on PC?
    Apparently alot of gamers still have severe problems with the controls on console and it feels like those are mostly gamers who are used to the PC version/keyboard and mouse (?).
    I have never played any sims game on PC, so I can not compare.
    Yes, it took me a little while (not ages!) to get used to the controls but I never found it to be unplayable or horrible, compared to other console versions of the sims it is definitely the best one yet.
    I got no problems building or playing (bugs exist, but they do on PC too).

If possible I would maybe borrow the game from a friend or rent it for a few days, to see for herself if she can work with the controls or not.
    It would be a shame to buy it and find it unplayable.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

I've always played Sims on the PC but also own a console. My friend can't afford a new computer to play Sims 4 right now, but she has an Xbox One. With the updates and changes since release, would you recommend the console version for those who can't afford the PC?

I honestly know nothing about this version so I was hoping you could help a girl out.

Thanks!

Yes I would.
    robiokos wrote: »
    It takes a lot of time (and patience) to get used to the controls. There is no gallery and building is generally a pain. I would probably wait for a sale or something.

Gallery is coming though.
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    If it is a game that person is really interested in, than go for it. They just need to know about the cons of it on the console. I have it for PC and we got for console too. We returned the console version for a refund because of the wonky controls. I also prefer to play with certain mods that are not available.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Both have issues, but it all depends on what you're willing to take. If you watch a stream of the PC version right now (w/seasons), you can watch Sims teleport through walls. It's about your patience and comfort factors with things like building or glitches.
    The controls aren't confusing on the PS4 to me. I got it quick but I would welcome wireless mouse and keyboard control.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I say yes, the game is exactly the same as pc, its identical. The controls are actually really easy, i personally prefer to play on console because of how easy the controls are, beats having a keyboard and a mouse. I play on console more then i do on my pc (which im only playing on atm more because of seasons not being on console yet) because its just more enjoyable, the console doesn't have all the packs yet which is probably the only negative thing i can say and even then that's only temporary as new packs seem to be coming out all the time. Only a matter of time before we are caught up with pc.
  • AcaciaCEJAcaciaCEJ Posts: 23 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

Thanks!

Definitely - I was always a pc simmer but since Win10 keeps breaking all my computers I have switched to ps4 console. I was expecting it to be hard to adjust but it wasn't!
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    It is an identical game to the pc version but do know that it suffers from frame rate problems and drops regurarly under 30 fps. If you don't mind that then I recommend it.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I highly recommend it. I have had a lot of fun playing on the console version. Its almost identical to the PC version (I have both).
    He/Him
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    It is an identical game to the pc version but do know that it suffers from frame rate problems and drops regurarly under 30 fps. If you don't mind that then I recommend it.

I'm surprised the game doesn't run at 60fps
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yes i love playing on a console more that pc just cause when I sit on a chair for long periods of time I start to get uncomfortable and can't really play for long as console I can chill out yes there are packs that aren't out yet but that's what keeps it exciting each month and we don't have c.c but other than that I prefer console way better so do
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    Did you friend end up buying?

On a side note, I really don’t understand how people claim the game is unplayable because of the controls. Sure they take more than the average game to get used to but once you do it’s a breeze. It seems the people who claim this tried for a couple of minutes and gave up only to deem the game unplayable.
    Feliz wrote: »

On a side note, I really don’t understand how people claim the game is unplayable because of the controls. Sure they take more than the average game to get used to but once you do it’s a breeze. It seems the people who claim this tried for a couple of minutes and gave up only to deem the game unplayable.

I agree I actually find it easier/more enjoyable to control on console then on pc with a mouse and keybord.
    edited July 2018

My daughter did try it for about a week. She then begged me to "help" her build since she was frustrated beyond all belief. Gaming is supposed to be a way to relax. Personally, I play on PC and prefer the precision of the mouse and keyboard. As such, I refused to help her because I am not willing to learn wonky controls. There are quite a few games that I find are like that which appear on both console and PC. If the controls cause so much frustration, I deem the game unplayable since gaming is supposed to be relaxing. I personally have connected my PC to the TV and was able to play the game while relaxing on my couch.

My daughter did try it for about a week. She then begged me to "help" her build since she was frustrated beyond all belief. Gaming is supposed to be a way to relax. Personally, I play on PC and prefer the precision of the mouse and keyboard. As such, I refused to help her because I am not willing to learn wonky controls. There are quite a few games that I find are like that which appear on both console and PC. If the controls cause so much frustration, I deem the game unplayable since gaming is supposed to be relaxing. I personally have connected my PC to the TV and was able to play the game while relaxing on my couch.

Fair enough and I can see a child having some difficulty with the controls.

I just don’t find the controls frustrating or wonky. I’m plenty relaxed when playing. I don’t plan on buying a PC any time soon so I’m just glad us console players have the opportunity to play too.

I just don’t find the controls frustrating or wonky. I’m plenty relaxed when playing. I don’t plan on buying a PC any time soon so I’m just glad us console players have the opportunity to play too.

My daughter is an older teen, just a few short years before she becomes an adult. So, it is not a young child. I am happy people can now play on console, but most PC games just DO NOT work well on console. The mouse precision needed for some games makes playing them on console a terrible idea.
    edited July 2018

My daughter is an older teen, just a few short years before she becomes an adult. So, it is not a young child. I am happy people can now play on console, but most PC games just DO NOT work well on console. The mouse precision needed for some games makes playing them on console a terrible idea.

Sorry, didn’t mean to offend. I’m an old 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I’m my day asking your parents for video game help wasn’t a thing. That being said I was a PC gamer before I was a console player. Anyway, I don’t think this port is aimed at PC players.

Either way, the point of my post was to highlight that the controls aren’t that difficult to master.
    Post edited by Feliz on
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member

They're planning on getting it and some bundles at Christmas time. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I hope at Christmas they bring out one of each pack style like one ep which would probably have to be seasons if not then two game packs and 1 stuff pack or a few more stuff packs of no eps cause it's Christmas people can ask for a voucher or order it but I doubt it lol