Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you Played Sims 4 Since Release?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes, since release. However I took a break until the first gameplay pack came out, because in the beginning t was boring to me
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I didn't play much until the update with toddlers. Then I started playing bits and pieces in my free time. I love how casual and pick-up-and-play it is (for me). :smile:

Now that I have Seasons and a bunch of other packs, I'm really excited to keep exploring what the Seasons and packs have to offer. ^_^
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I bought the game about a year after release, during a summer sale. I held off mainly because I was playing other things at the time and I wanted to see how the game developed before hopping on the train again. I ended up buying the currently available expansions and game packs over the next couple of months when I could pick them up cheaply.
    It's still part of my rotation of games that I play and my daughter loves the game. The hardest part is deciding whether to play 2, 3 or 4 but at the moment it's mainly 4.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I bought and played TS4 when the game was released but the basegame felt too empty to me to continue. After about a year or so I bought some additions to give it another shot and played for a month. Then one evening I decided to allow myself to play Sims 3 again (I’m bad at combining so I’d put that game on the shelf temporarily) and that’s when I decided I was fooling myself and again I closed Sims 4, this time for years. Tried toddlers for a bit when they were added (love them but they were not enough to carry the game for me) and only recently have I picked up the game again to play Vampires. So far that’s my best Sims 4 experience yet.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have played it since it's release on the Mac. I can't say I play it constantly, but I have intense bursts of the game. I'm still loving it, even if I moan about a few things here and there :smiley: It's a tie-breaker with the Sims 2 (never liked Sims 3)...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I've played a lot before get together and used to like the game a lot more than now, to be honest. They added too many annoying features over the years, now I find myself searching for mods to disable those features more than play the game.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I'm a new simmer. I haven't played since Sims 1 like some of you guys have, or even since the beginning of Sims 4. I got the game last year and I love it.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Nope. I think I started playing last year.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I dropped out when Sims 3 came about, and then got into Sims 4 a year after the release, just as get together came out.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Consistently, since release, minus a few detours back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 to experience weather in game.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I even played the free cas release before the actual sims 4 release :)
  • Options
    éclatantéclatant Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 2 has always been one of my favorite so it was a hard switch. Challenges honestly made Sims 4 more fun for me. I miss their little memories and interest box that just made the sims more realistic.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Since the second Sims 4 was released, I've been playing. Every single day. Except for a few here and there when my back was so bad I couldn't sit for longer than 5 minutes without being in excruciating pain. But for those 5 minutes I played. I've been playing since the release of The Sims 1. Since Sim City.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    I've played since august 2015. i wanted sims 3 and then sims 4 for years but i waited until i got my own laptop that I knew could run it, since my first laptop sucked. i'll be addicted for about a week straight, then forget about the game for weeks, even months then become addicted again and it's just a never ending cycle of that. now i'm in college though so i don't let myself play during the semester. I get addicted and don't study lmao.
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    Misunderstood the question until about a second after clicking my answer (I clicked yes because I thought it literally meant have you played it at all since it was released, I have no idea why, that would be an obvious question) :tired_face:

My answer is no, I got the game for Christmas or my birthday or something at the end of 2015, and while I did play it then, I'd usually get bored and go back to TS2 or TS3. It wasn't until we got toddlers about a year after I got the game that I began to almost exclusively play TS4.
  • Options
    chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I have played it on and off, mostly switching between TS3 and TS4. I'm also one of these on and off players...I binge play for a few weeks and don't touch the game for months...
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited August 2018
    I got it and after the first week I was bored so I went back to the sims 3. But after a few packs I started playing TS4 completely leaving TS3.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I have played it since release, but I switched a bit between 3 and 4 for the first two years or so. Then we got toddlers and I didn’t miss 3 as much and now, with seasons, I don’t feel like I have a reason to return to 3
  • Options
    Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    I bought the base game in April of this year after watching youtubers Let's Play videos. I was obsessed with it and I bought it and could not stop playing. I went on to buy expansion packs for the game and I loved it more. I now have all the EP's and stuff packs/game packs. Seasons made the game so much better.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sweeties29 wrote: »
    I bought the base game in April of this year after watching youtubers Let's Play videos. I was obsessed with it and I bought it and could not stop playing. I went on to buy expansion packs for the game and I loved it more. I now have all the EP's and stuff packs/game packs. Seasons made the game so much better.

Let’s plays were what got me back into it after stopping. They make you see what all you can do and how massive the game really is. I’m a little obsessed with seasons now lol. It’s so much fun bugs and all.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Honestly no. I played 1, 2 and 3 every day, then got 4 when it came out, but waited for toddlers, vampires and seasons to actually play. I’ve been playing about two weeks , as of this post.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I waited to start until just before vampires came out because the supernatural pack was my all time fav in sims 3. Im glad I waited because I didnt have to deal with not having pools and all the other stuff they fixed by then.