Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other vampires attack my vampire sim every night

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Is there a way to stop it? My vamp sim is a grand master vampire. Also I have only one vamp sim in my household. I don't have other human sim in my family. I tried mesmerized and it worked but the vampire attack was still going on and I can't move to home lot. My sim has to go to work shortly but can't move to anywhere from this attack. Why should my vamp sim be attacked from other vampires although they can't drink my vampire sim? I tried to reset the vamp but the event was still going on. What should I do to stop this? Please help my vamp sim except for using mods. :( I'm trying not to use mods as possible as I can.

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2018
    Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-04%2Bat%2B23.55.30.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-04%2Bat%2B23.56.19.png

I was able to move back to home lot after vampire spar...Is there another way to stop this attack? I don't like to use vampiric spar for getting out of this vampire attack event.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I'm confused. Are they sparring or fighting? They are different.

Sparring isn't an attack, it's actually a friendly interaction.
    I have to admit, I don't recall seeing an NPC initiate a spar. I usually have to hunt them down...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Breaking ins on community lots is probably a bug, but when I encounter this I just talk to the "attacker" a little bit then everything is normal.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are they sparring or fighting? They are different.

Sparring isn't an attack, it's actually a friendly interaction.
    I have to admit, I don't recall seeing an NPC initiate a spar. I usually have to hunt them down...
    I mentioned it’s vampire spar in friendly menu. I rarely use mean interactions. But what does that you don’t recall seeing an npc initiate a spar means? I looked up Eng dictionary but still don’t understand. :( How do you hunt other vampires down?
    Breaking ins on community lots is probably a bug, but when I encounter this I just talk to the "attacker" a little bit then everything is normal.

It takes quie long time to let attacker give up the event in my game. Lilith Vatore stayed in breaking in event for 3-4hrs in sim time. My vamp sim is her friend and had a lot of talking. It was ok because it was just after midnight. But this time, this vampire started after 6am..? I got many times of this at gym and karaoke bar, my sim’s favorite community lots. I still don’t understand what an earth other vamps can visit for drinking plasma to another vampire. It doesn’t make sense. I better make garlic wreaths to protect my vampire sim. My sim is immuned to garlic. Haha
    I was confused because you said they were attacking your Sim. Sparring wouldn't be attacking.

The Vampires that are sparring with your Sim are the townies (not your own playable Sims) correct? I shouldn't have said NPC, townie is what I really meant. I've never had a Vampire I'm not playing start the spar (at least not that I can remember), normally I need to choose the action. So, the (not your playable) Sim starting the spar seems odd to me. "Hunt" was more of an expression for finding them to spar with.

Sorry to confuse you.
    edited August 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I was confused because you said they were attacking your Sim. Sparring wouldn't be attacking.

The Vampires that are sparring with your Sim are the townies (not your own playable Sims) correct? I shouldn't have said NPC, townie is what I really meant. I've never had a Vampire I'm not playing start the spar (at least not that I can remember), normally I need to choose the action. So, the (not your playable) Sim starting the spar seems odd to me. "Hunt" was more of an expression for finding them to spar with.

Sorry to confuse you.

Sorry for that. Actually, I'm not an English native, so I often use bad English..:D I thought vampire breaking in event is for drinking my vampire sim's plasma. I commanded my sim to start a vampire spar to her, otherwise she wouldn't stop breaking in event and my sim wouldn't be able to move back to home lot. After winning at the spar, she eventually gave up the event and I was able to go to work in time. I thought you choose 'vampire dual' in mean interaction for hunting them down.

But my point is that I really wonder "why my vampire has to get this event"? Anyway, other vampires are not able to drink my sim, right? Please target the human sim. I don't want my Vampire sim to be stuck at the certain place because of this townie's hunting event.

And I'd like to know there will be other way to stop their hunting event process as an active vampire sim. My sim tried to put her in sleep but the build mode was still unable to get in from this event at the karaoke bar lot, tried to mesmerised and she got dazed but the event was still going on. And then he started the vampire spar with her at last, then only this worked to stop her event.

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Jeansoo ,

I don't know if vampire break-ins on community lots is a bug or not, but I do know that my vampires also get break-ins on their home lot from time to time. You are right, vampires do not drink from other vampires. That means your vampire is not in any danger and that the event is rather pointless. When break-ins happen on community lots, I guess technically the "attacking" vampire can go drink from other Sims than yours. But I haven't seen it happen so far.

I also just go and talk to the "attacking" vampire to make the event stop.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

@Nindigo, A few days ago, Caleb invaded into that lot for hunt at mid night(=break in event), he was targeting my sim. He was coming close and starring my sim. My sim was singing on microphone and Caleb was sneaking around my sim. I noticed Caleb was targeting my sim for drinking plasma even though Caleb is good friend of my sim. And then, he realised he was targeting the vamp sim and he started to sneak to other direction, and then he watched other sims' singing, then he just went back his home. I get annoyed even though my sim is safe because my sim is NOT able to travel anywhere.
    edited August 2018
    Okay, I understand much better now. I completely misunderstood what the starting issue is.
    Vampire break-ins on community lots is a bug that was supposedly fixed. What I always have experienced with this bug was just that my Sim simply couldn't go home. I've never had one targeted while on a community lot. :o

You should report this. If they actually fixed the break-ins on community lots, this whole mess would be cleared up. :/

BTW, you're doing just fine with your English. Sometimes phrases that we adapt just don't translate well. ;)
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    The "vampire attack events" you are referring to are usually called "community lot break-ins". This is a bug that has been happening since the vampire pack released. They tried to fix it once, but it didn't really work. So it continues.

There is no danger involved as these vampires can't do anything to anyone on a community lot (not even to normal sims). The only thing it does is lock up your game while the "event" is taking place. In any case, vampires cannot drink from other vampires.

You can try using options from the "friendly" menu to make them leave but results will vary. If sparring works, then yes, use it. Otherwise, you just have to wait until the vampire leaves on their own which ends the event.
    @Anmirla Ahh I've never known that was a bug..! O_O;; In fact, I made the ultimate vampire cure drink on bar and carrying it in inventory. When other homeless vampire starts to break in again, then I'm planning to use it. Is there any bug report posting link? I can add 'me too' there. Thank you. Sometimes, it's really hard to speak or write in English what I am thinking in brain. :)

@Simberella777 Ahh thanks. Community lot break ins! I will memorise this.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @jeansoo, You can add a "Me Too" to this old bug report as it's still an open issue:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampire-breaking-in-on-community-lots/m-p/5843293#M33431
    Also, reading some of the posts can give you a better idea of what others have happening in their game. Of course, you can also add your own post if you want.