Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baking Skill

JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I feel as though so much more could be done with the baking skill.

Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies etc. should be removed from the cooking skill and added to baking because it’s just ridiculous that those recipes are included in cooking. (UPDATE: Baking is a DLC skill so that can’t happen)

There should be a new moodlet for competent bakers.

It would be nice to bring back baking competitions from the Sims 2: Free Time (that was such an AMAZING EP)

Also there are other harvestables that can be used for baking (i.e blackberries, cherries) I would like more baking recipes.

One of my fave pre-mades has taken up baking as a hobby and I believe baking has potential to be better.
Post edited by Jaysims on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    they're in cooking instead of baking because baking is a dlc skill. The people without GTW still gotta be able to make cakes.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    they're in cooking instead of baking because baking is a dlc skill. The people without GTW still gotta be able to make cakes.

That's a good point.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

That makes sense, I didn’t think of that lol
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I wish they would have add Christmas cookies to the baking skill too. It would've been nice to see the Sims and their kids baking holiday cookies together.Also add hot chocolate in a mug with whip cream and candy cane for decoration as the house hold bake cookies together.
  • foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    Or an option for us to design the cake our sim is baking! :) like to pick the topping and all ^^
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Didn't SimGuruGrant say in one of his MANY twitter statements that he would like to add stuff to GTW?
    Maybe some new baking recipies could be added via a patch.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I would love a baking career kind of like the City Living or gardening careers. As of right now, unless I open a retail store, there isn't really a reason to work on the baking skill.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It would be fun if they would add like a gingerbread house they could make plus christmas cookies and halloween cookies.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I would love a baking career kind of like the City Living or gardening careers. As of right now, unless I open a retail store, there isn't really a reason to work on the baking skill.

There is an option on some foods to "Sell to Local Bakery", I don't remember which foods it applies to, or how many Simoleons are made, but at least it is there to help with roleplaying. I wish the baking skill could be expanded as well, with more foods for holidays. I was so disappointed when Seasons didn't come with pumpkin pie, because that is one of my favourite fall desserts. I wish that hot chocolate were available to make at home and in the restaurants. Also, I do wish Seasons would have included egg nog as a holiday drink, or some other type of festive beverage.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
    I wish we could actually have real bake sales in the game or food contests like the Sims 2: Free Time.

The closest thing to a bake sale is the rabbit hole in Parenthood which doesn’t make for super fun game play.

If we could actually use the bake goods and place them in our sims’ inventory for the bake sales that would be nice.

I like all of these festive ideas though!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »
    I wish we could actually have real bake sales in the game or food contests like the Sims 2: Free Time.

The closest thing to a bake sale is the rabbit hole in Parenthood which doesn’t make for super fun game play.

If we could actually use the bake goods and place them in our sims’ inventory for the bake sales that would be nice.

I like all of these festive ideas though!

I've still been having issues with the flea market tables in CL, but if those get fixed that would be another option. Especially if your baker earned the Fresh Chef reward earlier on and the baked goods never spoil. I'd also like a smaller version of the cupcake machine because it needs its own room pretty much (with a locked door or else Sims get obsessed with it). I use a mod that enables all the cupcake machine recipes to be made in the regular oven, but I worry about losing it if the modder gets burned out.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I've still been having issues with the flea market tables in CL, but if those get fixed that would be another option. Especially if your baker earned the Fresh Chef reward earlier on and the baked goods never spoil. I'd also like a smaller version of the cupcake machine because it needs its own room pretty much (with a locked door or else Sims get obsessed with it). I use a mod that enables all the cupcake machine recipes to be made in the regular oven, but I worry about losing it if the modder gets burned out.

I didn’t get City Living just because I have no particular interest in apartment gameplay, but I wonder if I’m missing out...

Anyway, I never use the cupcake machine because it’s just WAY too big and I can’t imagine placing it in my pre-mades home.

Tbh I don’t see why it’s a thing. Why couldn’t cupcake recipes have just been part of the regular baking skill like brownies and cakes that are made with the oven?