Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Noooo Lost all my families

Again new to sims 4 and so did not know I would loose all my households I played in Willow Creek well I doing my rounds in Oasis Springs. I had three families in Willow Creek and now I can't find them. I have Mccc but not sure I have it set up right. Should there be something there to keep my played sims from being moved out well I am gone? Are they still alive and homeless? Can I find and get them back? Please help.

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It sounds like your game is glitching badly. Your families definitely should not disappear while you visit a different neighborhood. Has it helped to close the game and open it again? Have you found your families yet? :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimanthropySimanthropy Posts: 223 Member
    HkPOzEH.jpg?1

no but seriously you shouldn't lose your families. have you tried looking at the gallery/bin they might have been moved there if you can't find them in your world?
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    MCCC by default won't relocate your Sims who are housed. The game won't do this, either, so it's not something you have to use MCCC to keep it from doing. In other words, if you have played your Sim households in a house, both the game and MCCC normally leave them untouched in their locations.

Have you looked for them in Manage Worlds? If not, go through and look through all the households in there. If they aren't there, maybe check and see if you are playing in a different Save Game than these families are located, and just forgot. Dude, I've done it. :D Just go back to the Main Menu, Load Save and see what all you have in there. You'll have to go into each Save and look.

If you save your households by going into CAS now and then, they should be in your Library, but if you reload them into the game from there, they won't have the relationships other than with the household. They do keep their Skills, Aspirations, Career Levels, etc. At the very least, your first version of them should be there if you made them in CAS.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Nindigo-no I have not found them, and yes have restarted game a couple times. I wounder if I do a save as instead of save in the future just between playing the two worlds? Would that keep it from happening again?
    Simanthropy-yes have look, nothing.
    Livin in Sim- thanks I will look in other saves. Nothing of them in Manage worlds that I could find. You info about the game and Mccc not doing that is helpfull and maybe I just messed up a save or something well adding a mod or could it have been because of adding parenting add on during this time?
    Any way not like I have not had to start from scratch many times over with sims 2, but I do it. Learning thanks to all of you as to what to look for.
    Ok so I went into my past saves and they are all gone. The only saves I have are what I did yesterday. I bout from Origin the Parenthood and downloaded it yesterday, but surely that did not make this happen, could it? I also downloaded some cc and small mods yesterday? How do I check for bad mods and cc in the sims 4? In 2 I would take out the mod/cc folder and play a new game and put the stuff back slowly to find what caused problems. Can I do that with 4 or would it mess up my already saved game?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I've played since 2014, and never lost any sim. Don't even know how that can happen.

I'd play the game vanilla for a while before adding mods. Mods need updates whenever there is a patch. If you run your game online via Origin, there might practically be done changes to it any day you play. Remove any mod you are uncertain whether it was correctly installed. Read up on the mod where you got it, often there is a forum with lots of Q/A and info.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Ok so I went into my past saves and they are all gone. The only saves I have are what I did yesterday. I bout from Origin the Parenthood and downloaded it yesterday, but surely that did not make this happen, could it? I also downloaded some cc and small mods yesterday? How do I check for bad mods and cc in the sims 4? In 2 I would take out the mod/cc folder and play a new game and put the stuff back slowly to find what caused problems. Can I do that with 4 or would it mess up my already saved game?

you can do this. Just removr the mods from the mods folder (go to documents, ea, sims 4, and then mods).
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited August 2018
    Silly question but did you start a new game before you noticed your sims were missing?
    Try going to main menu (start up screen) and click load. You might find you have started a new save and they are still there.
    I only ask because my mum who has also only just started had this same problem.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    Thank you Simmerville and Otoyo.
    simm621- I will look thank you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    Just in case you have a serious problem with your game, itself — and no, adding a new pack shouldn't trouble the families already in play (as in remove them entirely from your game), I would go into Origin and right click on Sims 4 and select repair game. Let it do its thing and when it's totally ready, play your game for a bit and see how it plays. Also, you may wish to check your Tray files.

If this doesn't do the trick, you may need to pull your Sims4 file folder from the documents file on your computer. Move it to your desktop and then restart your game. Play it for a bit, if all seems well, then substitute the following folders from your desktop folder into the new one generated: Tray, Saves and Mods. If there is something amiss in the game, you may find your game saves 'restored'.

No guarantee, of course, but sometimes this has saved me a great deal of grief. Once you placed those three folders back into your game, you should have any of your CAS Sims and your builds in your Library again. From there, you may well have to grab the missing families and start all over again. It's a bit of a pain, but, alas, I've done this so often it hurts. Not due to a problem with my game, but more like 'player malfunction'. ;) Once, in particular, it was to take full advantage of Parenthood.

Stuff happens. Also, to help keep the lots you play on relatively glitch-free, try deleting the localthumbcache.package from your game. Some suggest you only have to do this periodically. I do it every single time before I begin to play, and most certainly after I download a new mod. Also, if I'm playing long term on a lot, I do the "Save As …" and name the file. Generally, I use the surname of the family. Then each time I start a gaming session it becomes Cantrell-1, for instance then 2, etc. This way if something untoward happens, I have the option to go back a save. Hope this helps in some small way. Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thank you GalacticGal this is good info to keep. Also to everyone, thank you so much, I did find my simmies in another save. All is well.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Thank you GalacticGal this is good info to keep. Also to everyone, thank you so much, I did find my simmies in another save. All is well.

I'm so very happy for you! Yay! Doing a happy dance about the room … :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/