Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sympathy for townies

One of the sims in my current family has been making friends with another teen from school. He comes over quite often to hang out so today I thought I’d change it up a bit and give him a visit. So as I’m looking for him in the worlds I find him and realize that he has no parents, apparently they died, and he also has a little brother. So I was a little sad for him for a second and thought to myself, “You know what it happens, he just has to take on the responsibility for caring for his brother and providing for them.” After that I click on his lot and see him and his brother joking outside. I chat with them for a second and think to get inside because it’s winter and it’s freezing outside. Once I get inside his home there is literally no furniture and that made me feel bad because I think my founder stayed there and somehow it’s my fault lol. I had to give his home a makeover it just felt like the right thing to do because the poor guy has it hard. Have any of you come across any townies that you felt bad for?? Tell me your experiences!
2ahzmo1.gif

Comments

• deedeetee13deedeetee13 Posts: 24 Member
    I like playing vampire sims, so I always stop by in the middle of the night for a bite to eat. After Vlad and his buddies kept invading my household in the middle of the night, it was time for some payback. I do feel sorry for the ones I bite outside during a cold winter day since it usually doesn't end well for them.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    lol what happens when you bite them in the winter, they pass out and freeze? I’m actually in the process of turning one of my sims into a vampire I’m going to have to try it out and see what happens
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    I loved the vampires in TS2 but I still haven't started playing them in TS4 :D should I? Is it fun and worth it?
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    All the time! I mean, have you seen some of the outfits that EA put them in? And a few that look like they got hit in the face with a baseball bat? :trollface: Poor townies!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    @foxynka yeah it’s fun to play with vampires this will only be my second one since the game pack though and if you don’t like it there’s a cure. You should most definitely try it out.

@5782341b77vl I agree the fashion part of townies can be horrible....extremely horrible lol but I haven’t ran across any of them that are extremely ugly though, most of mine tend to look alike for some strange reason.

2ahzmo1.gif
  • deedeetee13deedeetee13 Posts: 24 Member
    foxynka wrote: »
    I loved the vampires in TS2 but I still haven't started playing them in TS4 :D should I? Is it fun and worth it?

The Vampire expansion in Sims 4 is one of my favorite expansion packs. With some careful use of Create-A-Sim, you can create some really nice dark forms. Mess around with that first so you know how to use it. The vampire is an interesting character. First, you have to understand that the vampire powers themselves are actually pretty mild compared to what you might see in movies or read in books. They can be pretty entertaining if used correctly.

The best part for me is the ageing mechanic. When used with the Mod MC Command Center (the only mod I use), it's neat to watch the world around you change while you get to observe. When I play normal sims, I avoid using youth potions because it leads to weird things, like your children turning into elders before you do. It just seems more natural to be a vampire to avoid ageing if you want to see how things evolve. Quite simply, it doesn't feel like cheating.

It's also great fun to have a theme on your vampire families. While goth type stuff is the obvious choice, I once created a vampire family all dressed in variations of the hot dog suits. It was quite hilarious and made for some entertaining roleplaying in attempt to figure out how this eternal group of bloodsucking hot dogs would act. I got many hours of giggles out of this trick that still give me giggle fits months later.

Sims 4 can get weird. Weirding it up to the next level is even better.