Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss being able to talk about the up coming packs

it always fun thinking about what they could be or what we could do with them
or knowing if it was going to be a gp or a stuff pack
it was also nice to know we were getting something even if we weren't sure what it was
we may not get a pack for months and we don't know if we will ever get a stuff pack again
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    it was also nice to know we were getting something even if we weren't sure what it was
    we may not get a pack for months and we don't know if we will ever get a stuff pack again

I miss it too. Speculating is fun when it's done in a light-hearted way. I feel like sometimes people get too angry when something doesn't turn out to be what they wanted and it really brings the mood down. I'd really like to see the energy go back up to a more positive place where we can all share our hopes for what's coming. But maybe the new plan for frequent live streams will change that. It seems like the devs will be communicating on a more regular basis, even for their patches and updates. This might be a really good thing, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Yeah, I miss that too. I always liked the quarterly teasers and now that's gone, we stay in the dark.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I miss it too. Speculating is fun when it's done in a light-hearted way. I feel like sometimes people get too angry when something doesn't turn out to be what they wanted and it really brings the mood down. I'd really like to see the energy go back up to a more positive place where we can all share our hopes for what's coming. But maybe the new plan for frequent live streams will change that. It seems like the devs will be communicating on a more regular basis, even for their patches and updates. This might be a really good thing, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. :)

maybe
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Or no...
    They will speak about the new in community...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We may not be getting teasers anymore, but we're still getting trailers before packs are released. There will be plenty of time to talk about what we saw in the trailer(s) and what else might be in it and how it will add to our gaming experience.

I think those 9 second teasers created more problems than they were expecting. With no clear definition of what the pack would be about, players argued silly points, that in the end, didn't matter one way or another.

If tomorrow we get a trailer announcing witches/magic, then we would know what the theme of the pack is and could speculate on what might or might not be in it. They're simply going back to the way it was before teasers, which, IMO, was a failed experiment. So, now we go back to how it was.

Players on the forums are hard to please. They complain that there's not enough communication so, they announce that they will be communicating more and still they complain. Players complained that we were getting too many Stuff packs, so they cut back/out SP's and people complain that they miss them.

There will still be plenty of time for plenty of speculation after trailers drop.
    I would still like to know weather we can expect a pack in the next few months or if we arn't getting anything until winter
    because thats a real possibility
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Well, let us assume that the next pack will be bananas, so let us talk about the upcoming bananas pack?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Well, let us assume that the next pack will be bananas, so let us talk about the upcoming bananas pack?

well they don't have banana splits or monkeys monkeys would make a fun pet lol
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    yeah i miss it to i know seasons just came out but right now i'm kinda bored with the game and justing waiting for some news hoping it comes soon
    yeah i miss it to i know seasons just came out but right now i'm kinda bored with the game and justing waiting for some news hoping it comes soon

If you're already bored after a huge EP like Seasons has dropped, then talking about the next one will not make a difference. Seasons should easily last you through the rest of summer and fall with lots of new gameplay.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, it is a shame. I like their new Twitter heavy, Twich approach but I don't know why that makes them ditch the teasers.
    I miss the speculation and I am a lot less active on the forums (and actually on the game) when I don't have a clue of what's coming or when.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    you could play sims 2 or sims 3 while you wait thats what I'm doing for a change of pace and it gives me more ideas for suggestions for sims 4
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    They've already told you what's coming up. More Maxis monthly talk shows, (interviews with game changers), More updates to the Gallery, and more bi weekly Let's Play streams from gurus. Doesn't that all sound as exciting as a new EP? :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They've already told you what's coming up. More Maxis monthly talk shows, (interviews with game changers), More updates to the Gallery, and more bi weekly Let's Play streams from gurus. Doesn't that all sound as exciting as a new EP? :D

no not at all I would rather have a stuff pack @Cinebar
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm not a fan on Twitch streams to release updates, so I'm not sure I'll like the way they're going to share info with us from here on out. I hope they at least post info across platforms for those of us who don't enjoy watching streams.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

No.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If you're already bored after a huge EP like Seasons has dropped, then talking about the next one will not make a difference. Seasons should easily last you through the rest of summer and fall with lots of new gameplay.

I'm glad to see that your ok with them not putting out anything for the rest of summer and fall good for you
    but seasons may not be what @rambahadoer really wanted for gameplay she might want a sim who's famous or a witch who turns sims in to frogs everyone plays the game different @Dannydanbo

Yes, everyone plays differently, and yes, maybe they don't like and/or didn't buy Seasons, but either way, the wait for the next pack, that may or may not fit their play style, is still the same length of time for all of us.

So whether I'm OKAY or NOT OKAY with not getting anything for the rest of the summer is a moot point, because okay or not, the wait will still exist. My happiness or sadness will amount to nothing in the end. What I can do is hope that the next pack, whenever it does come out, will be well worth the wait.

But if Seasons doesn't impress players or give them enough gameplay to "hold them over" until the next shiny object falls from the sky, then chances are, the next unknown pack won't either.
    edited August 2018

I'm glad to see that your ok with them not putting out anything for the rest of summer and fall good for you
    but seasons may not be what @rambahadoer really wanted for gameplay she might want a sim who's famous or a witch who turns sims in to frogs everyone plays the game different @Dannydanbo

Yes, everyone plays differently, and yes, maybe they don't like and/or didn't buy Seasons, but either way, the wait for the next pack, that may or may not fit their play style, is still the same length of time for all of us.

So whether I'm OKAY or NOT OKAY with not getting anything for the rest of the summer is a moot point, because okay or not, the wait will still exist. My happiness or sadness will amount to nothing in the end. What I can do is hope that the next pack, whenever it does come out, will be well worth the wait.

But if Seasons doesn't impress players or give them enough gameplay to "hold them over" until the next shiny object falls from the sky, then chances are, the next unknown pack won't either.

sorry if I misunderstood you no need to write in caps
    you did say that Seasons should easily last you through the rest of summer and fall with lots of new gameplay.
    and if you feel that way then I'm honestly happy for you @Dannydanbo
    Otoyo wrote: »

Technically, not every EP is meant for every simmers game play. I think its fair for some players to be bored with it. That is a personal opinion that they have the right to.

I miss the teasers too. They were fun, and I liked seeing everyone give their guesses. Oh well

I like seeing the guesses the most it was so fun
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    I remember Kate saying that at the end of the month when they do streams they will discuss the upcoming stuff for that next month
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Seasons is a game enhancer. It enhances existing gameplay. Absolutely love it, buf I need ny witches.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

But if Seasons doesn't impress players or give them enough gameplay to "hold them over" until the next shiny object falls from the sky, then chances are, the next unknown pack won't either.[/quote]

I don't know, I wasn't impressed with GT but was with DO, and wasn't impressed with CL but was with Vampires. So, the next shiny object might impress me. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I'm not a fan on Twitch streams to release updates, so I'm not sure I'll like the way they're going to share info with us from here on out. I hope they at least post info across platforms for those of us who don't enjoy watching streams.

me to