Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Despite Seasons, I'm speculating that could be the end of expansion packs.

Comments

• Maggik76Maggik76 Posts: 2 New Member
    Check your facts. Maxis is defunct. EA now does it themselves. The change occurred in early 2017.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maggik76 wrote: »
    Check your facts. Maxis is defunct. EA now does it themselves. The change occurred in early 2017.

Maxis still exists; it was combined with another division into Maxis Mobile Studios. Here's a current Maxis Studios "About" page: https://www.ea.com/studios/maxis/about
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Maxis still exists but has very few available jobs for developers according to https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/worldwide-studios which shows that Maxis only has 2 available jobs for PC&consoles and 3 available jobs in Maxis Mobile. Other parts of EA has many more available jobs. Even Firemonkeys has 12 available jobs. We also know that developers have left Maxis recently. So it is clear that Maxis isn’t among the parts of EA which EA wants to expand.

But the Sims Mobile and the Sims 4 are still made by Maxis. And likely the Sims 5 too!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    It better not be I need University & a real Vacation Ep first :)

Though I don't think Seasons will be the Last EP I think Uni could be done in a Gamepack.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Though I don't think Seasons will be the Last EP I think Uni could be done in a Gamepack.

Never thought of that... If there was only the school buildings and a place for simmers to get a room then you could be right. They added the vampire with that whole system of things he can do including it's own hood. If you really look at University, they would have to make a schooling system, perhaps a job, way to rent rooms, way to get accepted in, place to list it on each sim's page that has credentials, a few new items and whatever else to round it out. It could, but would look nothing like S3 Uni. Who knows. I'm all for clearing the way for important EPs and not ones that could come in another way. I really want seasons & farming. A fleshed out ghost, funeral service, afterlife type would be awesome. Also, under the ocean & expanding the water experience/beach. I really want trollies, cars, railroad tracks, horse buggy, crap load of cars/vans/trucks/ect., so I wouldn't be opposed to some type of Transportation EP if they really did it right.

I don't see expansions leaving mid series/Sims4. Besides, simmers look forward to EPs more than just about anything. I never got excited more than when they put out new EPs except when the store put out worlds and it was like an EP. Miss those days where we got loads of content.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Maybe two gamepacks -- one for pre-Uni education that could add an active day care component and improvements for child/teen education (homeschool, study from home, private school, etc.). Then a Uni pack that focuses solely on YA+ in terms of features. I'd definitely like to repeat the Sims 3 structure of anyone YA+ being able to attend, and the ability to attend multiple times. Maybe a few preset groups (Secret Society, fraternity and sorority) but you have to earn your way in by meeting the right people and impressing them enough to get an invite. And players with GT could form their own groups. Although if we want a full University world, with dorms and class buildings and some rental houses for Sims who want to bring their entire family (spouses/offspring can go to work or school off map like now) we might need the budget of an EP, in which case the two packs could be combined into one, or maybe the homeschooling features and the active day care component gets rolled into its own GP and we get a Uni EP. You could also have a feature like in GTW where you follow your Uni student or send alone so you can focus on the rest of the family.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »

Never thought of that... If there was only the school buildings and a place for simmers to get a room then you could be right. They added the vampire with that whole system of things he can do including it's own hood. If you really look at University, they would have to make a schooling system, perhaps a job, way to rent rooms, way to get accepted in, place to list it on each sim's page that has credentials, a few new items and whatever else to round it out. It could, but would look nothing like S3 Uni. Who knows. I'm all for clearing the way for important EPs and not ones that could come in another way. I really want seasons & farming. A fleshed out ghost, funeral service, afterlife type would be awesome. Also, under the ocean & expanding the water experience/beach. I really want trollies, cars, railroad tracks, horse buggy, plum load of cars/vans/trucks/ect., so I wouldn't be opposed to some type of Transportation EP if they really did it right.

I don't see expansions leaving mid series/Sims4. Besides, simmers look forward to EPs more than just about anything. I never got excited more than when they put out new EPs except when the store put out worlds and it was like an EP. Miss those days where we got loads of content.

A farming/rural EP has been a popular request, possibly since people saw the FX sheep in the background of Windenburg, and the cow and chicken content from the Sims 3 Store was really popular. It's possible that there might be some gardening improvements with Seasons (I've been using BrazenLotus' CC sprinkler since I found out about it but wouldn't mind an in-game watering system); at the very least there'd have to be some sort of dormancy system for plants unless you broght them inside. So maybe a rural EP would focus more on animals: cows, chicken, sheep, horses (!) etc. and a way for them to be useful like adding crafting like knitting/crocheting or weaving to make sweaters, scarves, rugs and such, or maybe a Country Fair to compete for prizes with your cooking and produce raising, or to sell your wares. More tweaks to the cooking system where using your own homegrown ingredients improves the quality of the meal, so if you use Excellent level produce you've got a higher chance of a Perfect meal. I really want to do a farming family -- been looking at some custom harvestables but decided to hold off until we do get Seasons since that would probably break them anyway.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    Even if they finish sims 4 within the next year or so, I'd love if they were to do a castaway sims 4 version and expand on the previous one to include a snowy destination aswell. If also love a remake on sims medieval but expand so it can include old Egyptian, western etc. That would be so cool.

oh that reminds me, We still hadn't got any spin off in The Sims 4 Era. I need One!

Edited for typo.
    TS4 is itself a spin-off *snickers* Sincerely wondering why would people want a more limited/restrained game with the weak engine it runs on.

Its your opinion tho. Its not a spin off for me. We have different prefences, likes/dislikes in a video game and I find sims 4 to be the game that fit my prefenrence and the way how I play. Perhaps thats why many liked this game, tho I can understand where you are coming from.
  • mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    I believe that the next expansion will either be, a High School PLUS Grade School game, which fits in with teens and children classes. OR, they might consider a very popular package when Sims 3 did ShowTime! I have been waiting for so long for fame, acting, singing, concerts, etc in a package similar to ShowTime. Running around prepping for concerts and getting props and stuff was so much fun, I played the heck out of that expansion and they could do so much more with it now. Or, they could or should do a major addition or new game pack for Back to Work. There was never enough options for doing different jobs where you could actually go there do something fun, like Fireman, Photographer, Stylist, Teacher, Astronomer, Thief (real career, not the go to work and disappear till done). Just tons of ideas. I hope they go in these directions.
  • Blondie_612Blondie_612 Posts: 1 New Member
    One expansion pack/game pack I really hope they make is one with horses. The had them in the Sims 3, and I was really hoping to see them in the Sims 4. I'm hoping that if they do add horses, it will be a game pack because i don't think there will be enough content for an expansion pack.
    There will be many more eps We have 3 more years left.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I disagree with the OP topic. I think there will be more expansion packs. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    You're kidding yourself if you don't think EA will absolutely milk this franchise for all they can. That means all the big hits like University.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    There's literally nothing that even remotely supports the theory that expansion packs are done with... I don't even know why you would come up with an assumption like that.

There are still many ideas they could come up with... University, Amusement Parks, Time Traveling, Island Paradise, Showtime, etc. Now, whether or not these ideas are likely is another story... however, it doesn't change the fact that there are still quite a few ideas left.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited July 2018
    Why would Seasons be the last expansion pack? Developers said that they have plans for The Sims 4 for 3 more years.. It would be very weird for them not to create another expansion during this time. I'm sure we'll see at least 3 or 4 more.

There just isn't any evidence that there will not be another expansion packs.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There will be many more eps We have 3 more years left.

At least.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    3 more years without any EP? We must be crazy to think that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • roguerogue Posts: 2 New Member
    TheSimsGurus on twitter confirmed more content for the game. After all, with a Live Service-lite game such as the sims, as long as there are customers willing to pay for content, and the team can turn a profit we will be seeing more- that is until it's expiry date (assumed 3 more years). If you look at the trends of popular AAA games (EA, Ubi, etc...) they all have some sort of hook to keep you p(l)aying, and to keep the game on life-support.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2018
    I highly, highly doubt it.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I don't think anything in this thread counts as evidence of no more expansion packs. Nothing has been shared that hasn't just been somebody's own thoughts and speculations. There's literally no evidence that they're done making expansions.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
    Grant said on the gallery livestream there will be 3 more years of content and that's why their updating the gallery. With less stuffpacks that means more gamepacks and expansions.
  • AshBoogieAshBoogie Posts: 18 Member
    I doubt it. I have a feeling they're gonna milk Sims 4 for all it's worth. But I do think Sims 4 is the last base game, atleast for a while. I feel like they're just gonna keep adding packs and more packs.
    AshBoogie wrote: »
    I doubt it. I have a feeling they're gonna milk Sims 4 for all it's worth. But I do think Sims 4 is the last base game, atleast for a while. I feel like they're just gonna keep adding packs and more packs.

No pretty safe to say after Sims 4 ends there will be a Sims 5. EA isn't going to give up money opportunities.
  • AshBoogieAshBoogie Posts: 18 Member
    AshBoogie wrote: »

No pretty safe to say after Sims 4 ends there will be a Sims 5. EA isn't going to give up money opportunities.

Well yeah, I think their money opportunities are going to be creating endless packs for Sims 4 and making us pay for every little feature. Like I said, I dont doubt that there will eventually be a Sims 5 but not before they milk Sims 4 for all its worth first.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EA is going new ways and wants to turn all its games into live services. EA also wants to expand EA Access even more. Sims 4 is a problem because it isn’t a real live service. But EA wants all its games to become online multiplayer live services. Therefore EA also already has even two such Sims games for mobile devices.

We just don’t know yet how EA will do it for future PC Sims games and Sims games for consoles too. But I am sure that EA has been experimenting with ideas which started even before EA released Sims 4 and now have been developed much further. So I expect those ideas to be the foundation for the next big Sims game. I just doubt that this next big game even will be called Sims 5 or that its release won’t happen before Sims 4 ends because I expect it sooner. EA needs a new big Sims game for the new very young generation of simmers-to-be and EA needs it already now.

Sims 4 will likely continue at least 3 years more. But I think that the reason mainly is that the next big Sims game will become so different that a lot of the current simmers wouldn’t switch to it anyway. EA will likely therefore just release packs for Sims 4 too until they don’t sell well enough anymore. I don’t know how many of them that will be EPs though because both SPs and GPs seem to sell better than EPs and the reason must be their lower prices.