Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery issues ???

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Jocelyn_D wrote: »
    > @mcrudd said:
    > Anybody else have issues loading the gallery online ingame and even online via website. Neither one is working for me right now ?

My game won't let me click off the gallery in CAS. They only way it lets me click off is by restarting the game which causes all my work to be lost.

Hello @Jocelyn_D
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.
  • HazelHathawayHazelHathaway Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issues since the new update. I have no mods or cc, just base game and packs. My game is currently frozen and I dont know what to do as this is the third time in the past hour this has happened
    I am having the same issues since the new update. I have no mods or cc, just base game and packs. My game is currently frozen and I dont know what to do as this is the third time in the past hour this has happened

Hello @HazelHathaway
    Try seeing if you can go to game options and back , or to the desktop and back, and see if that will unfreeze your game.
    You may need to use task manager to close the game if it remains frozen,

When you have unfrozen or closed the game, try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    Oh come on again??? When are they gonna fix the gallery, I can't search by hashtag or following, nothing, page shows blank.
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    It works for me now.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited August 2018
    @SimQARobo
    I would like to ask for one more reanimation of the Gallery, which died again half an hour ago :'(
    Info is similar like always "There are zero objects in the Gallery and so on ...and so on...
    Edit
    There is a new phenomenon too. In the gallery you can see the houses even you can download them but this downloaded houses are not added to the number of downloads. These numbers are frozen. I downloaded several houses to test it and the number downloads is frozen and does not change .
    It's probably time to write an epitaph for the Gallery.
    How many times can you revive a corpse?
    Post edited by kreatora on
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I give up, worked fine this morning. I have made no changes whatsoever and it's down (again) this afternoon, Mods in and mods out. It shows the start page but I cannot search or download anything, and if I scroll down the 'start' page it does eventually load the next lot of stuff, but it takes 5 minutes or so. I'm guessing this is their issue (Since no cc or mods not working either). I guess I'll try again later!
    By the way - tags don't work either
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    It worked fine for me just a couple of hours ago and now it's blank, it doesn't show me any content. What is going on?
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2018
    To add: All I could do was to add one house and that does appear in my Catalogue after a long struggle and will not "Show" on my profile. All "Followers" gone so thankful for that at least. All the thumbnails of the Gallery are appearing in my cache and bloating it. Yesterday nearly 400 jpg's and today 138 until it gave up.

All "New" is useful now is for transferring lots and Sims between PCs.
    @Simburian
    If you have info on page of Gallery, " There is zero objects in Gallery" it means that Gallery does not read its content. It can not operate sent creations or count them, It does not notice downloads or likes and does not add them to your downloads and it is understandable. This is now blind and stupid.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Ginzu19Ginzu19 Posts: 239 Member
    Gallery is dead for me too, can't see anything in profiles, nor comments. Yesterday it worked kinda fine, but I also realized the searching system is broken, when searching by name or hashtag, sometimes it finds something and sometimes nothing shows up
  • Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    I give up, I decided to stop playing/ building till the Gallery works like before. We have no mention or comment by the staff, I know they are working on it but clarely nothing gets better ... I'll check the forums just for keep informed about this situation, that I hope they can fix it soon.
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • SchnuckSchnuck Posts: 20 Member
    Think they're charging the defib paddles: "one or more of the Sims online services is currently Offline. Try again later." Switch it back to 'newest first' while you're in there, EA. Thanks.
    @Ginzu19 @Artemisa02
    The EA team just started to fix it! ! I hold my fingers for it and I wish them good luck!
    Well, I do not envy them. It's a tough job..
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2018
    Just tried checking the Gallery again by putting a lot on it.

It is appearing on New uploads and in my Profile and I've got followers back. I scrolled a long way down the page with some lovely builds showing and only one Simmer seems to have the publicity knack of over 300 downloads! The rest have nil or just one or two. I am wishing the usual applies of disappearing down the page quickly as I realised I hadn't quite finished my house!

It is gradually improving though.

Update: Now New houses appearing fast but Deligracy and co taking over popular now.
  • PrimeSchnitzelPrimeSchnitzel Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't download ANYTHING from the Gallery!
    Not even my own creations! The download button can be clicked, but it doesn't do anything.....
    besides turning my screen dim and locking up the game!
    Sometimes it wont even let me look at lots/households etc
    Just turns the screen dim, freezes, forces me to force close the game.
    Oh... and not to mention, I can't make any custom holidays, it crashes the game
    I can't download ANYTHING from the Gallery!
    Not even my own creations! The download button can be clicked, but it doesn't do anything.....
    besides turning my screen dim and locking up the game!
    Sometimes it wont even let me look at lots/households etc
    Just turns the screen dim, freezes, forces me to force close the game.
    Oh... and not to mention, I can't make any custom holidays, it crashes the game

Hello @PrimeSchnitzel
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.
  • cabx88cabx88 Posts: 20 Member
    Same, I can't download anything either! I type in something and the gallery says no items found. I don't have any mods or CC either.
    edited August 2018
    cabx88 wrote: »
    Same, I can't download anything either! I type in something and the gallery says no items found. I don't have any mods or CC either.

Hello
    There are issues with using the search function at times. Try coming completely out of the game, then reload the game and see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, try again a little later on and see if the issue is still there,

Try also changing the filter from “popular now” to “ newest” instead.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    OK dear @rosemow nothing new. There will be more complaints.
    The Gallery is slowly beginning to disintegrate again. Gallery of the game and on-line. In the evening or tomorrow morning, it will be not work again. For now Gallery "ate" about one-third of her content and only miserable leftovers can be seen.
    Repairing this is reminiscent of Sisyphean work, There would have to be someone sitting all the time as a doctor at the bedside of a dying patient. I am joking but I do not really want to laugh. My uploaded house, of course, also disappeared from the view.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm not sure if this has already been said since I haven't gone back and read. Gallery doesn't seem to be working for me. Everything is saying "0". It says I have 0 shared items, 0 downloads, 0 friends. Also nothing is showing up the searches. I hoping I haven't lost all the content I've created. :(

Edit to Add: Also, when I attempted to share something I just built, it froze my game and I had to ctrl + alt + delete out of it.
    fidelis_x0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has already been said since I haven't gone back and read. Gallery doesn't seem to be working for me. Everything is saying "0". It says I have 0 shared items, 0 downloads, 0 friends. Also nothing is showing up the searches. I hoping I haven't lost all the content I've created. :(

Edit to Add: Also, when I attempted to share something I just built, it froze my game and I had to ctrl + alt + delete out of it.

Hello
    You won’t have lost all the content that you have created. There are just issues with the Gallery at the moment. If you check your tray folder in your Sims 4 folder, you should still find the files of your creations that are in your library there.
    edited August 2018
    It happened faster than I anticipated. Again we see the same info "there are zero objects in the Gallery" and of course Gallery and our profiles are dead ... Gallery on line died also
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ