Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is a very bad glitch or bug involving Drain Life Spirit

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I discovered this yesterday while in my game, that when a vampire uses the Drain Life Spirit on their victim there is a very bad glitch or bug. What happens is when a vampire does this to another sim it will cause that sim (the victim) to loose all relationships, meaning they will be at zero in their relationship bar, or they will be completely forgotten, such as spouses not being married to each other.

I do have mods, so the first thing I thought, it might have been a mod issue so I removed all my mods and cleared out the cache file as well, and tested this without mods. The results were the same. I tested this on about 5 different sims, and the results were all the same.

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited August 2018
    That's not a bug. It's supposed to reset the sim's relationships. Have you tried using the interaction "restore life spirit" to see if the relationships come back?

This is what Carl's sims 4 guide says about draining life spirit: Taking life spirit from another Sim will make them more susceptible to other vampiric powers, but also remove all memory of relationships with other Sims which can help you to repair any damaged feelings from repeat feedings and manipulation. You can also restore life spirit from Sims who have been drained. You can find this ability under the feeding menu. It will take nearly all the Sim's energy like a deep drink, but if you should restore life spirit the Sim will get a huge confidence boost for 2 whole days.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I did not know the part where it messes up their relationships. I hadn't tried the restore life spirit yet, but will check that out later this evening. Thank you.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Restoring life spirit has never returned those relationships back for me, and I always presumed that it's supposed to work as intended. It's why I avoid that power completely unless I want to make a really really bad vampire.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2018
    Restoring life spirit has never returned those relationships back for me, and I always presumed that it's supposed to work as intended. It's why I avoid that power completely unless I want to make a really really bad vampire.

I usually don't play with this one either, but I do have one who's worse than Vlad. He's one of the Bridgeport vampires who decided to make a move over from one city to another (from Sims 3 to Sims 4) The funny part is that him and Vlad are pretty good friends.

My main problem is that I'm pretty much playing almost the whole community, and care about them, but I also have the MCCC story progression helping me out a lot.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't want to restore some sims life spirit because my vamp sim did on purpose to remove red relationship with them. haha My sim asked to get permission to drink to a good friend sim but she sprayed liquid on my vamp sim's head, My sim was in a bad mood... My sim almost ask a permission first. Some sims just refuse, then it's ok. He can try another sim to give permission but she acted like evil sim. My sim drained her life spirit and now they are stranger each other. Most of the sims offer their wrist for my sim. I never use that for good friends. :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    I don't want to restore some sims life spirit because my vamp sim did on purpose to remove red relationship with them. haha My sim asked to get permission to drink to a good friend sim but she sprayed liquid on my vamp sim's head, My sim was in a bad mood... My sim almost ask a permission first. Some sims just refuse, then it's ok. He can try another sim to give permission but she acted like evil sim. My sim drained her life spirit and now they are stranger each other. Most of the sims offer their wrist for my sim. I never use that for good friends. :)

Remember though, it's not like the alien's memory erase where it will only erase the memory of your relationship with them; when a vampire drains a sim's life spirit, it will give them total relationship amnesia, meaning they will never remember their marriage, all their friends, and their family, but will still remember all their skills and career and stuff. I don't quite understand what restoring their life spirit is supposed to do in that regard since it won't give you those relationships back to the sims anyway.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Remember though, it's not like the alien's memory erase where it will only erase the memory of your relationship with them; when a vampire drains a sim's life spirit, it will give them total relationship amnesia, meaning they will never remember their marriage, all their friends, and their family, but will still remember all their skills and career and stuff. I don't quite understand what restoring their life spirit is supposed to do in that regard since it won't give you those relationships back to the sims anyway.

Hello
    On Carl’s 4 sims site he has written this about restoring life spirit . It will give a great confident boost for two days.
    You can also restore life spirit from Sims who have been drained. You can find this ability under the feeding menu. It will take nearly all the Sim's energy like a deep drink, but if you should restore life spirit the Sim will get a huge confidence boost for 2 whole days.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/powers-weaknesses.php
  • deedeetee13deedeetee13 Posts: 24 Member
    I didn't like the Vampires much when I first tried them. Now they are quite fun if you play them right. My family of Vampires are pet breeders. I can keep breeding pets without worrying about their ageing, and I move my pets into other sim's families to keep things interesting. Then I stop by for a bite to eat at night. Top that off with my restaurant called "Tooters" that only serves baked beans and coffee, and you have quite the silly bunch.
  • cabx88cabx88 Posts: 20 Member
    It's good for using when you don't want the sim you're draining to hate you, and apparently it makes them more susceptible to other vampire abilities like slumber, mesmerize, etc. Try restoring life back to the sim and see if that fixes it, I'm actually curious because I haven't tried that part yet.