Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• firsttigerhobbesfirsttigerhobbes Posts: 7 New Member
    I can't post a link to my entry, but if you go to empiresofthemindblog.wordpress.com and then click Short Stories it should be available as "Believe Me"
    It's a bit... interprety. Hope you don't mind.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited June 2018
    firsttigerhobbes link-- https://empiresofthemindblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/04/believe-me/

I'll read that one tomorrow! Tis a bit late but yay for another entry!
    Post edited by EmzyDalsvida on
  • Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    Here's my entry for June, Search the Darkness. You can see it over at my blog! Good luck to everyone!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Friendly reminder that today is the last day to post entries. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited June 2018

You are back <3 ? <3 I guess I have been "asleep" LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited June 2018
    lisabee2 wrote: »

You are back <3 ? <3

Yes I am (I think). :)<3
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hello!

Here is my entry for June: Forks
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    edited July 2018
    Voting for June is open from July 2nd to July 7th, CST.

Click here to vote

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories.
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Time conversions:
    worldzones.gif
    July's Theme: Weather or not?
    In the recent release of Seasons, what effect does weather have on your sims?

Special rules: None this month. The usual 1-12 screenshots and 500-1000 words.

Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by midnight, Central Time at the end of the month)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Here's June's winners. :)

First place:
    Search For Darkness by babygirl80plyr

Second place:
    Forks by Karilan

Third place:
    The Moon by EmzyDalsvida

Congratulations. :)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Banners for June have been pm'd. Congrats everyone!
    Thank you so much guys! <3
    Friendly reminder that today is the last day. :)
    edited August 2018
    Sorry it's taken so long. My internet was down this morning so I couldn't get on. Unfortunately, since nobody posted any stories this past month, there are no winners. :(
    August's Theme: Characters
    I've been getting really into DnD lately, and DnD is all about creating characters to go on adventures with. Everybody starts out as a blank sheet, then builds into something new. With that in mind, what's the one thing that defines your sims' character, and how did the realize that was who they were?

Special Rules: Surprise! And extra 3 screenshots and 500 words, for a total of 1-15 screenshots and 500-1,500 words!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by midnight, Central Time at the end of the month)
    @Babygirl80Plyr with Little Things
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Just a reminder that there are 2 days left to enter for August!
    Sorry for such a late submission! My game has been soooo broken. Here's an exploratory piece for August, little things. It's about little interactions or quirks that define things about us. <3 There's heavily implied sexual themes sometime through because it involves infidelity, so if that's not your thing, just a heads up! Good luck to everyone else :)
    Thank you for the submission, baby! :)
    edited October 2018
    By default, @Babygirl80Plyr has won for August. Congratulations!
    September's Theme: The Next Pixar Short
    If Pixar were to do another short film, like For The Birds, what would it be?

Special rules:None this month. The usual 1-12 screenshots and 500-1000 words. :)
    Always by @Pegasus143
    Buddy by @MsMarvel98
    BirdBath by @ciane
    Here's my entry for September: Always
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Sliding in at the last minute with my entry: Buddy
    Just a reminder that there's about 12 hours left to enter for September and have your story be voting-eligible.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2018
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/birdbath/
    6 pics, 503 words, enjoy! (typos)
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited October 2018

October’s Theme: Out of the Ordinary

Something in your sim’s world is out of the ordinary… but what is it? Are there magic spells? Supernatural creatures?
    Feel free to add something spooky if you want for Halloween, though this isn’t required.

Special Rules: Surprise! This month, you’ll have 1-15 screenshots and 500-1500 words to create your story.

Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on October 31st, Central Time)
    Not So Alien by @SimTresa
    Jack by @ciane
    Like a Dream by @Pegasus143
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
    edited October 2018
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for October 2018 winners will be open from the 1st to the 7th, 12 pm Central time

Click here to vote

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories.
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
    Time conversions:
    worldzones.gif
    There, got the colors fixed on October's theme.
  • MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Ooh, love October's theme!