Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with winter during the day

AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
V2OgfNj.jpg

Has anyone seen anything like this? It only happens during the day in winter

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    That looks like CC roads.... is it? Have you checked with the place you downloaded the CC?
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Even without them roads it's still the same
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    Even without them roads it's still the same

Well, they are still there. How did you remove them? Pull them out of the Downloads folder. Including the tiles that are in front of the house that were placed with a cheat to change the lot street into a custom street. Those are probably still in there (or it looks like they are) since I can still see them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    It only happens on my lot. I deleted that custom tile and it was still the same.
    Even tiles in front of the house seem to cause some problem even though they're from base game
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Have you deleted the cache files? groups.cache, accessory.cache, cigen.package, ContentRegistry.

Just keep in mind that things may load a bit slower the next time you play since those files help speed the loading process along.

The files are perfectly fine to delete without any harm and you do sometimes have to delete them to get the game to work (most notably groups.cache).
    edited July 2018
    It only happens on my lot. I deleted that custom tile and it was still the same.
    Even tiles in front of the house seem to cause some problem even though they're from base game

Looking at it again, do you have custom hood grass/terrain installed? That doesn't look like any Maxis neighborhood grass. Maybe pull that out, too, and see if you still have problems if all roads and cc tiles for roads are out of the game. And anytime you pull cc you need to delete the group cache file.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Removing custom grass does not help.
    It even occurs on maxis floor outside

xKZxUuh.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Its your graphic cart. I had this too.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    edited July 2018
    What u mean? Is it breaking?
    I have Geforce GTX 960M
    edited July 2018
    Have you turned on AntiAnalising? It can cause those sorts of graphic issues, too. This is what I would do, just to make sure it's not something in my downloads, or lots. I would pull the entire The Sims 2 UC file from my documents. Put it on your desktop.

Start up the game and a new comletely vanilla The Sims 2 UC file will be created. Play in it and set things to winter and wait for it to snow to see what happens. If it's normal then it's something in your saved games you just placed on your desktop. Whether that is custom roads, tiles, grass or lots.
    zLZYmPN.jpg

Problem still occurs
    edited July 2018
    Pick up the lot and place it back down (as if moving it). It should reset the road tiles to the original (if the CC is gone). Bring back those sidewalks. :)
    It happens on every lot
    It didn't reset the roads for that lot? :(
    It happens on every lot

We can see you have custom roads. Did you start a new fresh game in a new fresh The Sims 2 UC file?
    edited August 2018
    Once you remove the Custom roads you have to move each lot to reset the base roads. I had to when I moved out a Medieval road for a different neighborhood. :)

The Custom road will show in Every lot you played to add the lot pieces... but not the ones you didn't- iirc. or maybe all of the ones in the neighborhood.

*But I don't know. I've never seen it do that after removing the custom roads and resetting the lot.
    Sorry nothing's working. :(
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    zLZYmPN.jpg

Problem still occurs

Did you take out the custom tiles? See in this pic you have posted, there is the rug on the road that was used for the special street tile. Use move objects to get rid of all that out there in the street. I think you have only disabled your cc and not actually removed it?