Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So very frustrated.

EA_Mage told us, that very soon the Danish forum will be closed. We are so disappointed that this happens, as we are a group of active Sims players in there, and most of us can't write or read English properly. We are playing our game in Danish for the same reason, and we have been playing The Sims since the very first The Sims 1. If you really close our Sims forum, most of us will be totally lost and feel we're unwanted. We have tried to write to EA_Mage but we don't get any answers back.

If it really is nescessary to close our Sims forum, couldn't we at least have a Danish part in here, where it is allowed to write/post in Danish?

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It would face the same fate as the AU/NZ forums on here, although with those forums, there is a larger English forum for them to migrate to once their time is also up. It's reasons like these that make me warrant for an EU forums instead to group all the marginalised languages together.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I have been a member of the Danish Sims Forum since 2009. I use it a lot to share game experiences and write stories about my Sims.
    I can not write in English and therefore this message is translated with Google translate.
    I share Simsister's frustration with losing an opportunity to communicate with other players in a language I understand in all shades. My passive English vocabulary is useful, although there are many details i miss out on.
    I'm really sad to lose a network in an official forum. It will not be useful for me to participate in the debates in English. I have tried in the period I played Sims3, but I became increasingly frustrated by my inability to express myself.
    I hope it may be possible to create a Danish thread here .... otherwise, unfortunately, I can acknowledge that I'm being excluded from the community
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The forums in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Czechia will all be closed later this month. I have looked into all those forums. But the Danish Sims forum has new messages every day while the other forums seem to have much less messages. Therefore the Danish forum IMO shouldn’t be closed even if the other forums are closed because they have less new monthly messages.

Writing in English isn’t a problem for me personally because I studied at a Danish university in 5 years where half of our lectures and half of our books and notes were in English. Even so I still remember how much I had to use dictionaries to translate the texts to Danish in those years. But it paid off and I have now in many years (since 2004) been able to write thousands of messages in the English Sims forums too and usually without using dictionaries at all.

But Danish simmers usually can’t at all write messages in English like I can. They can understand a little English even though they sometimes have to use Google to translate some of the words. Expressing themselves in English is much harder for them. Therefore most Danish simmers likely will just give up about using EA’s Sims forums at all if they can’t write in Danish anymore. So I think that EA should keep the Danish Sims forum and not just lose all those simmers.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I think it is a bit odd, that we can't have a Danish part of the English forum, where it is allowed to write in Danish, when and if our Danish forum is being closed down. Is it because you need a Danish moderator to look after it? Some people do understand and write both in Danish and English perfectly. Vær venlige ikke at udelukke os fra fællesskabet. :(
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @Simsister2004 @MonaSolstraale @Erpe ,

Thank you very much for the feedback on this.

This was not any easy decision for us to make, closing a community forum is never easy! After very lengthy discussions and taking the time to evaluate the traffic and trends in all our The Sims communities we reached the decision to close 5 of the language community forums.

As for opening a section on this forum we feel this wouldn't be a good solution due to language barriers, both for those joining and those just browsing. Having 2 or more languages in a single space would just get confusing and would undoubtedly cause conflicts.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and sorrow this caused.

Thank you,
    Mage
  • Mullewap78Mullewap78 Posts: 10 New Member
    Im Danish - Im not using it. I feel for the Danes that cant and will not be a part of a much bigger community, but I welcome all here. Im just starting to make me self known after much silence, but I never felt welcome in the danish forum like here on the big one. I dont think it is fair to expect EA to keep a forum open for a hand full of users and by the new more open and transparent communication from the Sims team, they have many places to get infomation out on and they all ready had some troble with the danish blog poste. I hope at least thats why they close down smaller part, to clear out communication so we dont end up to unsatifided with news from EA´s side.

Denmark:
    I leave it, un-check for spelling errors - WE do learn english in our 10 year long free "foced" public schools - most of us can some - I trust complely that any englist reading person understand the meaning of this poste. Funny thing by the way, I grabed my red dictonary yesterday to check up on a spelling in an other post. I had that book since school ;o) Just to clear out any dis information on Danish education. It is true that the younger generation are more fluent and much better then the older generation, but we also watch english speaking television with subtitle and half of our modern words are not even translated any more. We are very modern here in the north. Just had to clear it out - so people not knowing anything of Denmark - get wrong information :o)

And it is okey to make mistakes - Tommy Ahlers - very loosly grabed and twisted to be funny in a danish way - Sorry to the not Danes - its very intern, but a spelling error is okey, people here are awesome, friendly and very helpful. Im for one happy to be here - getting that much more response to what I poste and a bigger picture of the world. I befriended a Swede over her caribbian build and I learned alot about other culture being here.

Laura
    @Mullewap78 I am sorry that you didn’t feel welcome in the Danish forum and I have been looking at your posts there trying to understand why. It seems that you were mostly interested in discussing mods and how to make mods and I agree that this hasn’t been what most Danish simmers were interested in.

My own main interests are the Sims Freeplay and future Sims-like games which likewise haven’t been very popular to discuss neither here and nor in the Danish forum. So I understand you. Danish simmers instead mainly love to discuss how they play the game and what is happening in their game. They also love to read about how other simmers play the game. But details from other people’s games aren’t my interest either. So I usually just keep out of those discussions.

Yes, we watch English movies and series with subtitles in Danish. But even I can’t learn other languages that way because I then just read the subtitles and only hear spoken words if I know those words very well already! I have learned especially a lot of German from German TV though - but only because I watch it without subtitles!

I don’t know if you are right that younger Danes know more English than older ones. My main experience is instead that Danes know more English the higher education they have. So people who don’t just have the obligatory 10 years in public school but also have 3 years in Highschool (Danish: gymnasium) or even more than this are usually much better in English. Many more people now have such higher education than they had earlier. So in a way it is true that younger people now know English better than earlier. But this can’t be generalized to simmers too when the Sims games have a main target group of young people who don’t even have finished their first 10 years in school! (The youngest simmers rarely write anything about the games in the forums though because they usually prefer to just read the forum discussions instead until they become older and have more clear opinions about the discussed subjects.)

It cost almost nothing for EA to keep a forum open unless EA pays somebody to moderate it. We know this because many companies offer tools to make your own forum for free (and only pay a little if you need more than 5 GB for your forum). So EA’s problem isn’t about keeping the Danish forum open for just a few thousands of Danish simmers. Instead it is to be responsible for the content if EA doesn’t pay somebody to read and moderate the forum. The Danish forum has worked very well even without a moderator in the last 2 to 3 years. But apparently EA now has decided to close the forums in 4 other countries and now also doesn’t want to be responsible for future content in the Danish forum without paying some employee to read it and moderate it. That is alas the problem.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    You've got my sympathy, it's horrible to lose your safe haven, where people understand your posts.

I'm Australian, and our language is a bit different to US English. I occasionally have to ask for clarification of terms, because we often use different terms, and certainly have different humour. It's not as difficult a situation as what you have.

If you don't feel your English is particularly good, or if you have trouble understanding, put a note in your sig explaining that English is not your first language. Some people will put a bit more effort into helping you when they can.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti Thank you for your understanding. You exactly hit the core of the problem. It's not just about making yourself understandable in a foreign language. But the loss of a common sense of humor and cultural understanding.
    I know there are a lot of helpful people in the English forum. I'm not a new member here :)

I first started playing Sims4 after I found the network at the Danish Sims Forum a year ago. We have several storytellers in the Forum. The stories refer to our game, but also to an agreed Danish humor. It can not be translated, as it will not make sense. Who knows The good ship Martha?

To me, storytelling is part of a creative expression. Without the community, Sim's game loses its magic and becomes uninteresting.
    Since July 2018, 67 short and long stories have been created.

@Mullewap78 . I have to regret that you have not felt well received in the Danish Forum.
    I can figure out that I have left primary school before you were born and life has not flattered me so much that I have been able to travel a lot abroad. It makes me neither restricted nor unintelligent, so I feel a bit offended that you need to explain that the Danes are not out of date. ..…...But maybe I'm just out of date :/
    Mullewap78 wrote: »
    Im Danish - Im not using it. I feel for the Danes that cant and will not be a part of a much bigger community, but I welcome all here. Im just starting to make me self known after much silence, but I never felt welcome in the danish forum like here on the big one. I dont think it is fair to expect EA to keep a forum open for a hand full of users and by the new more open and transparent communication from the Sims team, they have many places to get infomation out on and they all ready had some troble with the danish blog poste. I hope at least thats why they close down smaller part, to clear out communication so we dont end up to unsatifided with news from EA´s side.

Denmark:
    I leave it, un-check for spelling errors - WE do learn english in our 10 year long free "foced" public schools - most of us can some - I trust complely that any englist reading person understand the meaning of this poste. Funny thing by the way, I grabed my red dictonary yesterday to check up on a spelling in an other post. I had that book since school ;o) Just to clear out any dis information on Danish education. It is true that the younger generation are more fluent and much better then the older generation, but we also watch english speaking television with subtitle and half of our modern words are not even translated any more. We are very modern here in the north. Just had to clear it out - so people not knowing anything of Denmark - get wrong information :o)

And it is okey to make mistakes - Tommy Ahlers - very loosly grabed and twisted to be funny in a danish way - Sorry to the not Danes - its very intern, but a spelling error is okey, people here are awesome, friendly and very helpful. Im for one happy to be here - getting that much more response to what I poste and a bigger picture of the world. I befriended a Swede over her caribbian build and I learned alot about other culture being here.

Laura

Mullewap, jeg tror ikke, du har forstået vores pointe i at vi gerne vil beholde vores danske forum:
    1. Spillet kan sættes til at bruge dansk sprog.
    2. Der er mange (og kan jeg se også du), der ikke formår at skrive ordentligt og forståeligt engelsk.
    3. Det kan jeg sagtens, som er udlært translatør OG tilhører den ældre generation - HA HA, men jeg føler for dem, der - både unge og gamle - vil føle sig afskåret og handicappede ved at skulle skrive på engelsk.
    4. Der er ikke tale om, at ville eller ikke ville være en del af et større fællesskab, det er vi jo allerede, men vi har brug for at kunne "tale" sammen på dansk.
    5. Hvordan du kan føle du ikke var velkommen i det danske forum, forstår jeg simpelthen ikke. Det er kotyme at alle bliver hilst velkommen fra deres allerførste indlæg.
    edited August 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    You've got my sympathy, it's horrible to lose your safe haven, where people understand your posts.

I'm Australian, and our language is a bit different to US English. I occasionally have to ask for clarification of terms, because we often use different terms, and certainly have different humour. It's not as difficult a situation as what you have.

If you don't feel your English is particularly good, or if you have trouble understanding, put a note in your sig explaining that English is not your first language. Some people will put a bit more effort into helping you when they can.

Thank you so much for your kind words and your sympathy. Yes, it is frustrating trying to get help, or even write some good stories when you have to use another language than your own. Like you say, the humor is different. But also trying to help other players can be very difficult, if you're uncertain that what you write will be understood.

Also the feeling of being kind of handicapped, if you need to write underneath every post: "Sorry, English isn't my first language".
    @EA_Mage Thank you very much for your reply.
    I understand you do not consider a Danish thread, for an opportunity :(
    I hope you will take some of our thoughts back to your network and that you will think in alternative solutions. I'm sorry that you have not raised the problem for us in the Danish Forum before you reach a final conclusion.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Doubt if anything can be done if EA are looking to cut down on expenses. This Forum seems to be shrinking day by day.
  • FredsdueFredsdue Posts: 13 New Member
    Men vi kan vel stadigvæk skrive på Dansk, så må de jo herinde google-oversætte på lige fod med os der ikke er så god til Engelsk el. ?
    @EA_Mage writes: "Your feedback and comments are highly valued, and we hope to continue to read them on The English Sims forum"

I would like to point out another problem. Many of the Danish members will appear as new members in the English forum and have lost the right to write and post pictures in the Forum. Some of the members are not members of the English Forum at all, and they have to earn points enough to be allowed to comment.
    For example, I do not have rights to put my signature image under my profile .... because I lack points.

@Fredsdue Det tænker jeg ;)
    edited August 2018
    MonaSolstraale, prøv at kigge på dit profilbillede her til venstre. Du ER medlem. Men Fredsdue er det ikke.
    EA_Mage, could we at least get our post numbers counting here, when we need to transfer, so we wouldn't have to start from scratch, working to be a member to have the rights?
    Simburian wrote: »
    Doubt if anything can be done if EA are looking to cut down on expenses. This Forum seems to be shrinking day by day.
    I see it as a continuation of the fact that since september 2017 we can’t get support in Danish anymore. The Danish support site on https://help.ea.com/dk/contact-us/ tells us this and that we instead will be transferred to a support site in English.

If it was about the sales numbers then I don’t think that EA would release packs for Sims 4 for several more years or that EA now even would have to Sims games for mobile devices at the same time. The sudden release of Sims 4 for consoles also strongly indicates that the sales numbers for both Sims 4 and other current Sims games actually are very very good. So to me it more seems like EA now want to force everybody to use English instead of the language they were born with. This will surely just cost EA customers. So I don’t think that it will become profitable for EA even though EA now can use the same moderators for all EA’s games if only the language in all the forums is English. It is a bad service for the many simmers who only know quite few words in English.
    Personlige svar/All:
    Funny, I got "offended" by Erpe saying we Danes dont speak English! - I wanted to let the non danish people know it was not true. I just dident mention any name; Simsister, MonaSolstråle & Erpe - Think we live in a world of dis-information. I just corrected it, so non of us did not look to stupid.

Erpe - I read the danish formums both before and after - I think im in the older end (im 40) , but still young - Im a builder - I have a certain style of realisme(plus MOO-user/sometime mod-user/colourist) that I did not find in the Danish part. Most played the game and talk about gameplay mecanic - so just from that I did not find what I was hoping to find. I only go to Sim official pages for news info - I refuse to make a twittertwat account for EAs sake - so I want to have something of relevans to look at when I visit.

Jeg er forresten selv ordeblind - gik i læseklasse fra 6. Har ingen uddannelse, så jeg kender godt til at føle sig usikker og føle sig "dum" på andre sprog, men min lyst til at kunne snakke og skrive med alle - trods fejl og små misforståelser - gør jeg gør det så godt som jeg kan - stoler blindt på at ingen i ond mening vil misforstå mig og at man sagten alligevel kan finde frem til meningen hvis man bare er lidt venligt stemt. . Ked af I misforstod ikke bare budskabet om at 🐸🐸🐸🐸 og vove, men også om at hvis man ikke åbner op for nyt så udvikler man sig bare ikke.

Ang Lukningen:
    Det passer med tråden om at Sim Team vil være mere åbne. De er allerede gået voldsomt meget til Twitter og nu vil de bruge Twitch ca en gang om måneden. så er de her: og med under forummerne på de sprog der nu også lukker som jeres. så er der facebook og deres YouTube - hvis de vil have held med at være klare i mæglet, så forstår jeg deres tilgang til at lukke alle de mindste dele ned og kun koncenterer sig om de store og mest brugte. Jeg troede ikke jeg ville sige det, men jeg er enig ud fra den alene. Vi har fået blog indlæg både før og efter de engelsktalende - I har ikke haft en moderator længe og en at kontakte og er der ikke SimNinja & en pige mere som er GameChanger - jeg syntes det er flot vi har to af dem, så pyt med forum. De tager Danmark seriøst nok- for reklamen og dermed også indflydelsen- lægger på YouTube og det virker til at kritikken fra aktive gamechanger virker. De har lovet at være mere på og tale mere direkte til os - det er bare umuligt hvis de skal gøre det til så mange steder. Jeg byder deres nye tiltag velkomment. Jeg er træt af de vælger Twitter - det får mig til at føle mig gammel, men her-inde på forum er folk flinke til at lægge guruernes indlæg op så jeg kan holde fast i ikke at vil ha en twitter og twitch kan ses uden og jeg er allerede her.

Iøvrigt syntes jeg ikke jeg misforstod - jeg er bare osse af den mening at for at det kan betale sig for et firma at holde en gratis service åben, så skal den vidne om øgning og fremgang og selv om I ikke ligefrem har være stille og inaktive, så var I måske som gruppe selv uden om det når det bliver for lukket. Hvorfor skal EA holde åben for "Gode steder at besøge i Polen?" og historie fortælling kan afsættes her.

Nu er I her jo, bliv - I har jeres nye danske platform også - I har al mulighed for at tage det digitale venskab til facebook og andre steder - Vi slipper bare ikke uden om det multinationale engelsktalende fremtid - jeg forstod på min nevø at de er begyndt at lære engelsk og han skal i anden om lidt. Han kan selv bruge select menuen i GTA og den er kun på engelsk - de bare skrappe de små! Hvis de så bare smider lidt af den danske generthed, så vinder vi sgu hele verden....

Sov godt derude - vi ses i morgen
    Laura
    I have 929 points in the Danish Forum, but only 90 points in the English Forum.
    I made some discussions back in 2012 - 2013 when I built houses in Sims3 .... therefore I have a rank as a member.

@Erpe It's my fear that the next will be EA saving the translators away and the game can only be played with English text.
    I've never become a big fan of Sims Medival because the game is not translated to Danish and it's too tough to play with a dictionary in my hand.
    Kære @Mullewap78 "Vi" er her ikke og slet ikke os alle sammen. Vi er nogen stykker, der næsten forgæves prøver at bevare et godt fællesskab i det danske forum og som er blevet glade for at støtte og inspirere hinanden. Uden det ville spillet ikke være det samme. Vi er for øvrigt en gruppe af +40 medlemmer og simsspillere men på ingen måde nogen lukket gruppe!

What you write about having no moderator, we were not sure, because somebody called simguru Thomas was listed as our moderator. At least he showed up approximately once a year - contacting him didn't help though.
    @Mullewap78 It is funny because I got instead offended because you seem to think that Danes and Danish are an inferior people with an inferior language which easily could be changed to English. But this is unlikely to happen. I agree though that Danes are a people who have less respect for their own language than almost all other people in the world (especially compared to the Norwegians who have done a huge work to keep their own language clean from all foreign words while the Danes usually don’t care).

But the dominant languages of the world have changed many time. Once everybody in Europe should talk Latin which was the language of the Roman Empire. Then French became the most respected language. Then German and English. Things change and nothing point in the direction that English will dominate the European countries (without even Britain being a member of the EU) in the future. Plans are to change the EU into a real union state about 2025 and especially Germany and France are working hard on the plans for this. If the number of languages then will be reduced by only having the biggest languages as official languages in the EU then Denmark will most likely be united with Germany with German as its official language. Do you really think that Danes won’t care even if this becomes the result? (Please don’t change this discussion into a political discussion which would be against the forum rules but keep it about languages only!)

I am very international myself. But everywhere in the world we see how hard people react when their little language is removed from the official languages in their country. If EU makes the decision that only documents in German, French or maybe sometimes English are valid in Denmark then you will most likely see that even Danes love their own language much more than they had thought that they would!

If you want to discuss mods and how to make them then neither the Danish forum nor this one is the right forum for you. In this case you should in my opinion be on http://modthesims.info instead.

I agree with you that Danes are quite much interested in foreign languages. The increased interest in English is special though and compared to earlier it has come by reducing the number of lessons in other languages - especially in German which young Danes now almost never know at all even though German and English earlier had about the same number of lessons in Danish schools. French still exist in Danish schools though even though we have much less use for French than we have for German. But I don’t agree that Danes soon will be an English talking country too when neither Norway nor the big countries in the EU will. Other European countries strongly prefer their own language. So it is a little funny that some (usually younger) Danes now think that the US and the English language will rule the whole world forever ;)
    SimSister: Jeg stoler på du ser det uden et tag - vi ved jo begge vi er her.
    Jeg prøvede så bare at udtrykke min mening igår - at jeg godt forstår hvorfor EA ikke kan ansætte en særlig dansk EA medarbejder for 40 medlemmer og slet ikke hvis det koster på at information når ud til alle.

Jeg står også stadigt ved at det danske forum virker lukket og utilkommeligt medmindre du er klistret til i Sims 1-2-3 spil på trøjen. Hvorfor og du påpeger det selv - EA har valgt at man skal have point for at oprette tråde - gør det umuligt at komme ind - som feks mig med CC & moddet indhold og enddag på fremmed simsk fordi man "kun" har spillet Sims 4 - ikke kan oprette sin egen tråd. Så kan man vælge at ligne en idiot og prøve at holde liv i den ene tråd der lugtede lidt af sit interesse område der var skabt engang - for det er fair - man skal ikke deltage i noget der ikke interesserer en. Så I kunne ikke deltage i det som interesserede mig og omvendt, for jeg respekterer jeres gamle tråde om udviklingen i jeres spil. Hvem ville jeg ikke være - udover en dum - nytilkommende på fremmede simsk for jeg kendte sgu ikke sims udtryk dengang som kom og snakkede mods i tråden hvor I deler Christians Havn tankerne. Se EA gør det osse svært at komme ind, desuden kan jeg altså sagten forstå at jeg og andre ikke orker de lidt markante typer der nu har ytret sig mest derinde. Det kan være frygtindgydende at være ny og usikker og frygte at komme på uenighedens veje - for trods jeg sagten kan sige ret så markant tilbage - så skal spil være sjovt og det her er ikke spil. Tonen på dansk er belærende. Jeg forstår at mange år i samme spil skaber venskaber, men det bringer chitchat niveuet op og igen - så bryder man bare ikke ind - vi danske - Jante loven længe leve - Det er næsten uhøfligt at bryde ind. Jeg vil bare gerne snakket om Sims - med andre, men omstændighederne gør det lettere at lade være.
    Din påstand om tilfredse danske bruger falder jo så en smule til jorden - da jeg jo så ikke følte at der som niche spiller og mest af alt som ny var plads til en for I skal da nok fortælle en man gjorde noget forkert.
    Jeg kan slet ikke støtte at Danskerne skal ha særregler og specielle små særlige rum - det er jer som melder jer ud og ikke vil være med. Vi må se at vokse fra det - det klæder os bare ikke.

Ang. Google Translation: Jeg finder at den er pålidlig så længe jeg holder mig til ord jeg er sikre på. og da jeg nu har set at man godt må belærer andre lidt; så efterlader jeg et ordblinde tip jeg selv bruger. Jeg har en Dansk Retskrivnings & betydnings ordbog og en dan/eng - jeg lader skærmen hjælpe mig så meget jeg kan, men hvor jeg bliver for meget i tvivl om hvad skærmen troer jeg ønsker at skrive - bruger jeg ordbøgerne til at bekræfte jeg har fanget mit ord/mening og retter hvis nødvenidig. Det er ofte stavekontrollerne som gør engelsk helt umuligt for mig nogle dage.

Jeg giver et point og lad bare fustrationen gå udover mig - jeg forstår faktisk godt I er kede af det, ingen kan lide når noget ændres. Jeg tror EA gør det for at samle os - Sikre sig at al information når ud til alle. Det danske netværker er ikke stoppet - en ny kilometer lang tråd er ved at blive skabt og jeg formoder at mine svar kan virker uoverskulige og måske få nogen væk -Undskyld - Det har var min eneste chance for at sige hvordan det føltes at møde gruppen, ellers skulle jeg jo afbrøde en hygge tråde da jeg som ny her inde også ikke kun sige ret meget dengang og iøvrigt trak mig helt tilbage fra det online Sims miljø efterfølgende - Næ, Så åbne var I ikke . og vi er for danske til at bryde ind - mission pretty svært!

Laura

Undskyld hvis det føltes personligt - sløring er virkeligt svært med kun 40 bruger - jeg havde behov for at dele min oplevelse af mit møde med det danske forum og hvorfor jeg støtter deres beslutning om at lukke ned. Så skal de bare stoppe på twittertwatter, så bliver det helt godt, men det sker nok ikke og der må jeg jo så mande mig op og deltage.
    ER lige helt forundret over alle de Plum i min tekst - Hvis I undgår det på det danske forum, så støtter jeg Jer - det er da dumt. Jeg håber I kan læse det - jeg skal læse et mindre sproge oprindelses fordrag på engelsk og bagefter huske osse at svare.

Men det støtter jo så faktisk også min kritik - tit kommer det ret langt væk fra Sim - det som der bliver talt om og hvis man så ikke lige vil ha lektier for - så bliver man væk.

Jeg takker Erpe. Du beviste desværre hvorfor jeg syntes det er en fantastisk ide at stoppe galskaben.
    @Mullewap78 Jeg er ked af, at du har så utrolig lidt tilovers for Danmark og danskerne. Men verdens centrum ændrer sig. Indtil 2. verdenskrig var det de gigantiske franske og britiske imperier, der totalt dominerede verden. Men disse imperier faldt sammen i årene efter, og USA tog over i løbet af 1950erne. Så fik vi Rom-traktaten i 1960 med planen om at få verdens centrum tilbage til Europa via Europas Forenede Stater. Men det sker aldrig. For Europa er ikke mere teknologisk overlegen og har kun cirka 750 millioner indbyggere. Merkel og den franske præsident har dog netop holdt topmøde for at få lavet en plan for Europas Forenede Stater senest i 2025.

USA opfattes stadig som verdens største og stærkeste magt og dermed verdens leder. Men Kina har allerede overhalet dem
    økonomisk og har 1400 millioner indbyggere, mens USA kun har lidt over 300 millioner indbyggere. Indien er stadig en anelse bagefter, men har omtrent lige så mange indbyggere som Kina. 2/3 af verdens befolkning bor nu i Asien og landene har allerede nu adgang til den teknologi, som gjorde, at de kunne holdes nede af lande med meget færre indbyggere.

Så USA kæmper en dødskamp for at bevare sin position, og Europa er kun en lillebitte befolkningsfattig verdensdel. Derfor tror jeg på, at de asiatiske stormagter i løbet af måske kun et par årtier vil have overtaget ledelsen i verden fra USA. Men skal vi så til at tale kinesisk i stedet for dansk?
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

This is the English forum so I have to ask you to post in English - this is a Forum Rule.

@MonaSolstraale and @Simsister2004 As for carrying over post count and points - I am sorry, but that is not something we can do. However, if a Danish forum member contacts me here, I can adjust their rank so they won't run into the New Member restrictions.

Thank you,
    Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top