Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't do laundry! Help?

I am trying to get my sim to do laundry but he can't seem to for some reason, as if there is something obstructing his path or his ability to get something. I have taken all the hampers and put them all next to each other in the hall to see if it was one of them that had something in the way, but that didn't work. Then I moved the washer out in the open too see if that was the issue. He still won't I tried to get another sim to but she cant. I went as far as resetting the town just to try and cover anything if there was something stuck. All to no avail. What am I missing here?
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    You could try resetting just the washing machine. Click on the ground on the lot, select NRaas>Object Reset>Not Inventory and scroll until you find the washing machine. Or you could buy another one to see if that helps. Another thing that sometimes works is moving the borked object into family inventory and back out again, or resetting it while it's in inventory (NRaas>Object Reset>Inventory).
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I'll try those things but since the Sims go to the hampers first, and not the washing machine, wouldn't it NOT be the washer but the hampers that are the issue? Hmm

edited August 2018
    Perhaps. But then you could do the same resets with the hampers. To figure out what's causing the problem, I'd move the hampers into family inventory and then have one of your sims spin into another outfit to dump some clothing on the floor. Then you can tell the sim to do laundry and see what happens.
    Ok DoD the reset in and out of inventory, then the hampers, nope. Sold all the hampers and had him change outfits, there wasn't even a pile of clothes. I bought just one hamper and put it next to him and had him change a few times but nothing went into the hamper. I even sold and bought a new washer. Still not working. He just keeps complaining like there's something in the way.

Just as an experiment, I'd sell the hampers, washing machine, and dryer, then save as, quit, clear caches, reload, and buy only a new washer and dryer. And then tell a couple of sims to spin into new outfits. But I think some outfit changes don't produce clothing piles. I'd try everyday to athletic, as I'm pretty sure that always leaves clothes behind.
    Ha I did athletic to formal to career to everyday. Nothing. I am gonna just do what you said and sell, save, quit and clear the cache. Then load the game back up. Fingers crossed.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Just in case that doesn't help, by chance do you have TS3 store hampers and laundry machines or strictly those from Ambitions? This sounds like premium store content (ccmerged) failure. Is any of your other premium store content working correctly?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited August 2018
    I just have the stuff that came with Ambitions. I don't think I use anything from the store. This is the first time this ever happened. Never had an issue before with this.

Well that was a fun little experiment but did not work. It's as if the ability to do laundry disappeared except the the fact that I can select the washer and say to do laundry. But that's it. No clothes piles. No clothes going in the hamper. And he just acts like there's something in the way. Argh!

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    I haven’t read that you’ve done this but forgive me if you have: Have you tried to see if there’s already a load in the wash or dryer that’s finished? I had something similar happen to me before - sim would stand and wave, walking around aimlessly or dropping random piles of clothes usually in front of the wash or dryer. I found the reason being was that the machines already had a load in there and you had to transfer it to the other machine or take it out of the dryer.

Idk if this will work because Sims 3 can be glitchy to kingdom come so in all likelihood I am wrong :D
    @Amphora I wish it was as simple as that. :( I have gone so far as selling the washer/hampers and buying them back to total resets.

I don't know what happened but I still haven't resolved the issue. I may have to live without it.

@igazor Is it ok for me to PM you?

MKSizzle wrote: »
    @igazor Is it ok for me to PM you?
    Of course. I'm puzzled as to what the issue here was/is though, my next question was going to be have you tried testing a newly started world to see if the issue persists and would then start asking about the contents of your Mods folder or if a newly spawned clean (no content) user game folder helps.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I almost never put a washer & dryer in the houses. I put a laundromat somewhere in town. Well, I actually usually put in a mall with laundromat, consignment store, and other shops somewhere in town.
    For those following along here and perhaps unable to sleep at night worrying about the OP's sims and the state of their laundry, they have worked it out. It was a problem with the residential lot, not the world or the game itself. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    That's a relief! I imagine the sims were pretty close to running out of clothes. You spin new clothes, the old ones disappear, soon you don't have anything to wear for work and because you can't work you don't have any simoleans to buy new clothes. Next thing you know, you are foraging nude at the park for wild veggies to eat. Your only amusement is streaking and skinny dipping. This was going down hill fast! :D:D
    @1need4kaffee - That's why, in the real world, the concept of telecommuting (working from home) exists. It is not my employer's business nor anyone else's that I haven't done laundry in eight years. o:)

Expected next question: "My job is to staff a kissing booth at the local seasonal festival. How can I make this work for me?" :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Heh thanks for letting them know @igazor. I would have told them....eventually. I wanted to make them wonder and worry just a little bit longer. Keep them in suspense!

But, yes, I fixed the issue. Thank goodness because I love doing laundry. Wait, no I don't, why did I care this much? Sigh.

• Darie_1234Darie_1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh c’mon you can’t not say how you fixed it 🤣 pls I’m having that exact same problem rn and I can’t seem to find any other threads with this same problem, how did you fix it? What was the problem with the lot ?? Thank u & I hope you remember 😬
    @Darie_1234 - The issue that the OP had here was with her residential lot, just that one. It turned out that it had severe routing issues that affected more than just laundry. If I remember correctly, her solution was to move her sims to another lot and just get rid of the problem one.

That of course wouldn't be the solution if you are having a laundry issue that persists across more than one residential lot or saved game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Darie_1234Darie_1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow thank you for replying! It was more of a long shot that anything 😅😂 I’ll try moving my sims then, see if that works. Thanks a bunch! :))
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2018 and a solution was shared, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top