Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims community is one of the most toxic communities out there, discuss.

Honestly, look at that twitch chat...look at twitter, look on reddit, look on these forums in some parts...it's despicable.

Even when asked not to get hyped over an update the community hurls abuse at simgurus because they were disapointed after hyping themselves up for nothing special.

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Clearly you haven’t seen other gaming communities, not justifying it but this isn’t even the tip of the iceberg compared to others
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Uhm, absolutely not. Not by a long shot.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Clearly you haven’t seen other gaming communities, not justifying it but this isn’t even the tip of the iceberg compared to others
    I've been a part of other gaming communities, the sims community takes the cake.
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I guess you never played any multiplayer games. There are far more toxic communities out there. :D I feel a lot of Simmers are really passionate about the game and therefore express their feelings quite strongly!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You clearly don’t play other games!!

My husband is a game developer, this is nothing.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm not upset because of getting my hopes up for a major update... I'm personally upset because of the lack of them fixing major bugs that have been happening for over a month now. I couldn't care less about the gallery update. Especially not when the game is basically unplayable due to certain bugs that make specific features completely useless. This is the THIRD patch since 'Seasons'... and many bugs are still not even being addressed.

I pay a lot of money for this game... so is it really unreasonable for me to expect a game that I can actually enjoy playing? The gallery update is the least of my concerns right now. I honestly couldn't care less. I'm more concerned about getting these bugs fixed.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    Same tune since the Sims 4 was announced. If this is toxic you should see the Battlefield reddit or Destiny.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    Definitely agree. The forums are actually quiet a peaceful place compared to youtube, for example. As soon as a new trailer for a pack releases, especially for an expansion pack, you just have to facepalm after reading comments like "When do we get (insert random feature from previous games here)" or "Sims 3 was so much better lol."

The first example just shows how ungrateful this community is, especially the many small children who play this game who seem to have no clue how programming and developing a game works. When the City Living trailer released for example, they were constantly whining why no toddlers are in the game like adding them would only take 1 hour.

As for the second typical youtube comment, it's just stupid to even write this under a Sims 4 video. It seems like these Sims 3 lovers just click on the video to comment on how "good" Sims 3 was, like it is a fact and not an opinion.

These people are just the most disrespecful and stupid people I have ever seen online. It's true that the sims community is one of the most toxic, unthankful and whiny communities out there.

Edit: As others have said, there are definitely communities that are more toxic, especially those of multiplayer games, but the sims community is toxic in other ways, like I've written above, they are more whiny than anything.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I find this community pretty decent actually. People care about the game and usually give some good explanation on why they feel the way they do. That is hard to find elsewhere. Didnt check so much of the comments on this matter, but I feel its not different as before.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Disagree, play a MOBA or any sort of battleground game and you'll find people who make the most "toxic" members of this community look like angels.

As for the gallery update, let's just say, I didn't even know it was coming (I haven't been involving myself with the game or its news for a little bit recently), and it still disappointed me. The gallery needed an overhaul but it needed much more than just a visual one. After hearing that they tried to tease it to you guys (even if they played it down themselves), I can, for once, understand the moans and groans heard amongst the community this time around.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member

Mmm. I've played quite a few mmos actually, and the Sims communities are far more whiny, entitled and toxic.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Definitely agree. The forums are actually quiet a peaceful place compared to youtube, for example. As soon as a new trailer for a pack releases, especially for an expansion pack, you just have to facepalm after reading comments like "When do we get (insert random feature from previous games here)" or "Sims 3 was so much better lol."

The first example just shows how ungrateful this community is, especially the many small children who play this game who seem to have no clue how programming and developing a game works. When the City Living trailer released for example, they were constantly whining why no toddlers are in the game like adding them would only take 1 hour.

As for the second typical youtube comment, it's just stupid to even write this under a Sims 4 video. It seems like these Sims 3 lovers just click on the video to comment on how "good" Sims 3 was, like it is a fact and not an opinion.

These people are just the most disrespecful and stupid people I have ever seen online. It's true that the sims community is one of the most toxic, unthankful and whiny communities out there.
    Agreed, this communities default reaction is hysteria.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    You shouldn't generalize. Its not fair for anyone to harass the SimGurus (they don't deserve that ever), but thats a small portion of the community. The rest are just expressing excitement and disappointment, something we all have a right to do. To be mad at entire community for having different opinions seems a bit unfair.

Mmm. I've played quite a few mmos actually, and the Sims communities are far more whiny, entitled and toxic.
    Even those can be played off as the community being mean to each other, the sims community has an attitude of bite the hand that feeds them. They aren't immune from criticism but this community really does go in for the kill.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    There are more toxic communities and less toxic communities but I agree that the Sims community has gotten progressively nastier regarding the way The Sims 4 is going. That live stream today was bogged down eith comments that came off extremely disrespectful to the Gurus. They explained the Gallery update and their plan to be more open going forward. They didn't have time to go over every single line of the patch notes but it seems like they're trying to fix things and improve things.
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »

Even those can be played off as the community being mean to each other, the sims community has an attitude of bite the hand that feeds them. They aren't immune from criticism but this community really does go in for the kill.

This is not the same as biting the hand that feeds. EA does not feed us, we in fact feed them. EA could not exist without gamers, gamers could exist without EA.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi folks,

I'm going to lock this thread here. I'm more than happy for Simmers to chat about the content and their experiences but I'm weary of threads and posts critiquing the community and player base. Much as discussing Gurus or devs, it's crossing over to a personal place and that's not really appropriate or fair to many. I don't believe that was the intention behind this and I hope you can understand my reasoning for this.

Thanks,

- Lanna

{edited: typos...:/}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top