Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Oh dear. Well, they said not to get over-excited, and they were right.

Perhaps they are going to do more frequent livestreams and they are no longer being reserved for major announcements, that would be nice. They said they were changing how they were announcing things.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Now I can opt out of the livestream..LOL If they let us know about any new packs coming, I am sure it will be posted somewhere.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    how dry. At least if you're going to do an update to the gallery, make it meaningful. This literally just move things around and changes the ui, completely ignoring people's requests for more gallery images and the ability to take your own photos, but I can't say i'm not surprised.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Yes, it is a Gallery update but I cannot get online to it, either Community or My Gallery saves. All I can see extra at the moment is that you can save them to Facebook as well.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    how dry. At least if you're going to do an update to the gallery, make it meaningful. This literally just move things around and changes the ui, completely ignoring people's requests for more gallery images and the ability to take your own photos, but I can't say i'm not surprised.

This is so true... They just changed the looks of it a little bit, at least they could let us take out own photos :')
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Otoyo wrote: »
    This is what we were expecting. Wish there were some more bug fixes though. Oh well. I don't understand what the live stream is for and won't watch it.

Same, I feel like it was very hyped up and a lot of people, including me, are disappointed
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well the Easel thing is cool. What on earth about a UI change requires an hour livestream? Just post some pictures, add a little text, and be done. Why they couldn't have just said 'hey the Gallery is getting an update we're going to go over on Tuesday' is beyond me.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited July 2018
    ITT people triggered that an update they were told not to get hyped over isn't hype worthy.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I don't really get why they need a livestream for this? :s
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    ITT people triggered that an update they were told not to get hyped over isn't hype worthy.

But you have to expect at least some hype when you're told there's going to be AN HOUR long livestream.
    SimsCadet wrote: »
    This is what we were expecting. Wish there were some more bug fixes though. Oh well. I don't understand what the live stream is for and won't watch it.

Same, I feel like it was very hyped up and a lot of people, including me, are disappointed
    People were specifically told not to get hyped.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member

When they said don't get hyped I lowered my expectations to something small. I didn't expect something that had no need for a livestream whatsoever though. If they are going to spend an hour talking about it I expected something interesting at least.

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    am I the only one guessing the Disability word?

I thought of wheelchairs, but I really think it's too soon to expect something like that. Grant only just started to consider it last month and I think it would take a long time to work out in development. Plus, there needs to be extra time to test it and make sure it works properly. I also think that it would be considered a "new" feature, not an "updated" feature.

But it very well could be something that's coming one day. :)

a former SimGuru (I can 't remember his name) also wanted disabilities. Maybe they only claimed to be considering it last Month but actually for awhile, been working on giving us disabilities since people been wanting disabilities since first Sims game.

I mean it's one thing *not* on the list that Kate mentioned and it sort of fits all criteria in my opinion for a reason to have a livestream and why the patch would be so big (outside of bug fixes)

They would have to be really careful on the way they do disabilities. My mother was disabled and in a wheelchair her whole life, my husband now has brain cancer and is confined to one. This is a subject that they would have to be really careful with. I am not sure that I would like to see them in the game. This game is supposed to be fun being in a wheelchair or having another type of disability is not fun.
    That said I understand that if a simmer is in a wheelchair they cannot actually make a sim self. So that makes it a little different for them. I think that at EA they know they would have to be really careful of the ramifications of this implementation. I do not think that is what this feature update is about.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2018
    :s Looks like I will have to watch the livestream.
    Apparently you can put some cool looking images up, but it's now apparent how to do it from the interface.
    Is that where the cheat codes come in?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    No comment yet on whether the online gallery is also updated.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Boooo
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2018

Ikr. Still we all knew the outrage would be coming anyway, despite the early, friendly warning :joy:

Aw well, as soon as the heat dies down I'll have a look at the new gallery. Can't sit in my PC room in this heat (so, thank God we're moving soon!)

edited July 2018
    REMOVED
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Out of all the options, a gallery update was the one I was hoping it wouldn't be. Even a cheats update would be better in my opinion. I'm hoping there's something else that they didn't mention in the patch notes like they sometimes do.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

But they say too as team work on this hard and that is cool...
    Hard work on gallery? Lol. Simsgurus are definitly trolls!
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member

I was expecting this to be the update. Just cause I expected it doesnt mean I'm not disappointed. I wish more bugs were fixed is all.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Ikr. Still we all knew the outrage would be coming anyway, despite the early, friendly warning :joy:

Aw well, as soon as the heat dies down I'll have a look at the new gallery. Can't sit in my PC room in this heat (so, thank God we're moving soon!)

I will look on livestream. But only because is so hot and my dogs lie on floor and they will no go out... And I reinstall my pc... Other I play some good game or go on walk with dogs
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2018
    @loubyloulou

'don't over-hype!" is like a cold shower and it seems to be a warning similar to "you may be disappointed, it's nothing fun".

I didn't see 1 enthusiast tweet as they do usually.

Nothing fun as I predicted...
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Don’t get hyped, sure. But this is just.. underwhelming is saying too much. Oh well.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top