Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, no matter what they do, patches are free updates anyway, so people shouldn't really bite the hand. But if it's a gallery update and nothing else, I think they would be better off not touting it as a surprise one week in advance
    I think the concern is that they always talk about how they have limited time and budget, so putting their limited resources into a gallery overhaul seems like such a waste considering how many game-breaking bugs are still there...

You are soooo right.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    To the people whining about it being a gallery update you only have yourselves to blame...They specifically said do not get hyped and what did you all do?

No, they hyped it because they are actually doing a live stream about it. Normally, live streams are reserved for gameplay. I mean who can't go onto the gallery to see improvements in search features (which has been requested many times). Was there really a need to live stream such updates? When they are normally (streams) for gameplay features.
    They specifically said DO NOT GET HYPED...I really don't know what to tell you.

lol, but even though they said don't get hyped they are actually streaming, which in itself causes hype and I think they know that.
    It's a new marketing strategy and they specifically said it...if they said the hob was hot don't touch it would you all go and touch it?

No. I didn't see anywhere where they said hey, we're going to be streaming every update (even if bug patch) as a new marketing strategy. I know they said they have changed how they release information and read those tweats. However, saying they worked really, really hard on something will always get people hyped. Because working really hard on something people start to dream/ visions of/ about sugar plums.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    @MrSimmis if someone told you, you were getting a special treat later in the day, and even though they said “don’t get excited” you would still be excited, you’d still be anxious.
    At no point did they ever say special treat all that was said was feature update, it's like saying "You're getting something later but it's nothing special and we are just informing you about it, don't get to hyped." Sure you can have interest in what it might be but if you are disappointed when you open that gift you only have yourself to blame.
    To the people whining about it being a gallery update you only have yourselves to blame...They specifically said do not get hyped and what did you all do?

No, they hyped it because they are actually doing a live stream about it. Normally, live streams are reserved for gameplay. I mean who can't go onto the gallery to see improvements in search features (which has been requested many times). Was there really a need to live stream such updates? When they are normally (streams) for gameplay features.

lol, but even though they said don't get hyped they are actually streaming, which in itself causes hype and I think they know that.
    It's a new marketing strategy and they specifically said it...if they said the hob was hot don't touch it would you all go and touch it?

No. I didn't see anywhere where they said hey, we're going to be streaming every update (even if bug patch) as a new marketing strategy. I know they said they have changed how they release information and read those tweats. However, saying they worked really, really hard on something will always get people hyped. Because working really hard on something people start to dream about sugar plums.
    No absolutely not, I can say I put my entire life's work into something but the moment I say don't get hyped everything then falls on you. That is a fact.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Im just mad ill be at work during the stream... And of course my lunch break is 1230-1 eastern time, just in time to not be able to see it!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    My point is that is what they always do. What’s the most requested feature? Why not start with that? Because like I said, they’re worried about the social aspect of it more than anything. How long have people been begging for a color wheel? A CAW? Realistic teens?? Some people may want an updated gallery, but I haven’t seen a thread myself. When I see countless threads for these important (should’ve been BASE GAME) content. Their priorities are just skewed at this point.

The problem is, though, some of the things that are highly requested are just not going to be done due to risks of game instability, or they would take a very long time to implement/change, or they can't be done. The request for a color wheel has already been rejected, so it's not coming. They have told us it won't be happening because (I believe they said) it would have needed to be done at base game development stage so it's not possible now. CAW is something they just recently started considering the possibilities of, according to Grant on Twitter, because a Simmer did their own personal presentation of how it might work. But it's not a definite thing, and it would be a while to implement if they do find a way to move forward with it. Teen changes could be a possibility, according to a poll done by Grant on Twitter, I think he said that's the life stage he would prioritize if they were to make changes. But something like that means a complete overhaul if it involves a height change, because it's basically redesigning how they interact with every single thing in the game to date, so it would take a lot of development time. If they don't change the height but add other behaviors instead, it could feasibly be something that's coming up in the future. But then, we did get Parenthood for that.

It seems that development is planned well out in advance, so most of the things we got up until Seasons were already scheduled since the base game release and in development. We are now on the second run of Sims 4's life, and Grant has been meeting with the devs and planning the next few years' worth of content. We might actually see a lot of the things we have been requesting, but it's going to take some time. I have my share of requests too, and I'm especially hoping for some personality/traits updates, fears, and general behavioral changes. But only time will tell now.
    #Team Occult
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018

No. I didn't see anywhere where they said hey, we're going to be streaming every update (even if bug patch) as a new marketing strategy. I know they said they have changed how they release information and read those tweats. However, saying they worked really, really hard on something will always get people hyped. Because working really hard on something people start to dream about sugar plums.
    No absolutely not, I can say I put my entire life's work into something but the moment I say don't get hyped everything then falls on you. That is a fact.

You are missing the point. Live Streams have always been reserved for a special treat, and or something special (like toddlers, or houseboats in TS3 (never done before) a gallery update might not have fallen into such a special category so spectactular and so it shouldn't have received a special stream. If they stream anything then people lose interest in streams. It would all become ho hum.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

How is this a marketing strategy? Who are they marketing to? The only people they could be marketing to is simmers not currently playing Sims 4. Anyone outside of the sims probably doesn't even know about this live stream. EA logic always leaves me scratching my head.

I wish they would just bring back the quarterly teasers.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    The live streams are always at such an inconvenient time for me. I have a full-time job on the east coast of the US and I'm always at work.

I don't have a new phone but Twitch can be downloaded too, as a phone app, if you sneak off to the bathroom. :);)

https://mobile.twitch.tv/

I try to watch at work but 60+ minutes is a long time to sneak away. I'm the boss and they always need me for something. Even an hour earlier and I'd be able to watch most of the stream at lunch.

You are missing the point. Live Streams have always been reserved for a special treat, and or something special (like toddlers, or houseboats in TS3 (never done before) a gallery update might not have fallen into such a special category so spectactular and so it shouldn't have received a special stream. If they stream anything then people lose interest in streams. It would all become ho hum.
    There are no set rules at all when it comes to livestreams, this is something new...leave all your expectations at the door and expect nothing.
    keekee53 wrote: »

How is this a marketing strategy? Who are they marketing to? The only people they could be marketing to is simmers not currently playing Sims 4. Anyone outside of the sims probably doesn't even know about this live stream. EA logic always leaves me scratching my head.

I wish they would just bring back the quarterly teasers.
    Sorry I just realised that doesn't make sense take marketing and replace it with communication...I'll see if I can edit the original.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    My point is that is what they always do. What’s the most requested feature? Why not start with that? Because like I said, they’re worried about the social aspect of it more than anything. How long have people been begging for a color wheel? A CAW? Realistic teens?? Some people may want an updated gallery, but I haven’t seen a thread myself. When I see countless threads for these important (should’ve been BASE GAME) content. Their priorities are just skewed at this point.

Did we not just get Cats and Dogs as well as Seasons within the past twelve months? The two most highly requested expansions.

Personally, as a player who uses the gallery all the time, whatever changes they may make to the gallery to make it more fully featured is welcome in my book, I’m one of those players who’s spoken out about the flaws and possible improvements to the gallery. But again this is all just speculation. It’s pretty much confirmed that gallery changes are being made, but we don’t know if that’s the only thing getting an update.
    I may be misreading comments, but it looks like some people find the idea of this live stream somewhat upsetting? It is a direct way of talking about the development process and communicating with us via chat, which should be a good thing?
    And IF the main reason is in fact a gallery update - a feature that has been unchanged since the game came out - it would make a lot of sense that they would show new search or upload functions in a stream. Some may be able to figure it out right away, but others may not; and they could miss out on the new functionality - whatever the updated feature is, actually. It's like how I don't understand why some people cannot seem to find out at which time a live stream will be in their time zone, even though they are clearly connected to the internet. But the truth is that everyone has a different way of looking at things; something that seems obvious to me may be an enigma to another - and vice versa.

I personally don't need a 60 min livestream on just a gallery update. I am hoping it is a bit more than that. The thirty second quarter teaser worked for me and it was great communication. We were back to silence and then bam livestream and update but guys don't get too hyped....HUH!?!?! Don't get hyped!! Then was it worth announcing and having a livestream? Speculations and frustrations begin...

I only want to see livestreams for upcoming packs or a game changing update to live mode. As you said, everyone has a different way of looking at things.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I hope they update some things for elders to do. Maybe make the teens shorter.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I just started up the game and went into the Gallery. Nothing, zilch, in my online gallery, nothing shared and no Community lots showing and no list of followers etc., etc. My offline library is still showing my lots though. It must be something that affects the Gallery even if it is not about it.
    Is it working for anyone else? No Oops message but everything just wiped clean but my profile message still showing.
    This is one or two? hours to Twitch stream time.
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    So I'm reading in between the lines here since the gurus like to be slick with their word play. "Set your alarms"? We're getting burglars back?? Firemen maybe?? "Unforeseen events?" I want it whatever it is! Please give us some drama!! Please!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I may be misreading comments, but it looks like some people find the idea of this live stream somewhat upsetting? It is a direct way of talking about the development process and communicating with us via chat, which should be a good thing?
    And IF the main reason is in fact a gallery update - a feature that has been unchanged since the game came out - it would make a lot of sense that they would show new search or upload functions in a stream. Some may be able to figure it out right away, but others may not; and they could miss out on the new functionality - whatever the updated feature is, actually. It's like how I don't understand why some people cannot seem to find out at which time a live stream will be in their time zone, even though they are clearly connected to the internet. But the truth is that everyone has a different way of looking at things; something that seems obvious to me may be an enigma to another - and vice versa.

I personally don't need a 60 min livestream on just a gallery update. I am hoping it is a bit more than that. The thirty second quarter teaser worked for me and it was great communication. We were back to silence and then bam livestream and update but guys don't get too hyped....HUH!?!?! Don't get hyped!! Then was it worth announcing and having a livestream? Speculations and frustrations begin...

I only want to see livestreams for upcoming packs or a game changing update to live mode. As you said, everyone has a different way of looking at things.

Fortunately attendance is optional.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    So I'm reading in between the lines here since the gurus like to be slick with their word play. "Set your alarms"? We're getting burglars back?? Firemen maybe?? "Unforeseen events?" I want it whatever it is! Please give us some drama!! Please!

Kate said we are not getting any of those in this update sadly!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    alarm clocks maybe... I would like that.
    At this point I'm pretty, pretty sure it will be a gallery overhaul because gallery has been acting up the whole week (even the web one). I mean, it will sure be great but I would rather take a CAS overhaul with new aspirations, treats and maybe new features as 'likes' and 'fears'... Oh well, maybe another time :')
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Livestream for a patch?
    Maybe build a world tool?

Would love a build a world tool. Right now I put others saves in my game to make a newer world or just keep redoing my worlds. I would love to see what the world builders from sims 3 like @Rflong7 could do for us. She made the best worlds for sims 3 so creative.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    im waiting...
    insta.gif
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Livestream for a patch?
    Maybe build a world tool?

Would love a build a world tool. Right now I put others saves in my game to make a newer world or just keep redoing my worlds. I would love to see what the world builders from sims 3 like @Rflong7 could do for us. She made the best worlds for sims 3 so creative.

Again Kate listed this out! She tweeted about what we are not getting a few days ago and basically eveything that we want the most was confirmed not coming with this update
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Sims 4 is actually selling super well after cats & dogs + seasons, so it’s literally time for EA to increase the budget... Sims 4 has potential to become the best Sims game so far but only if they listen to players more (which they have done a better job at lately) and were willing to rewrite old codes (such as open neighborhoods, swimming in lakes/oceans, cars and transist)... Actually I am positive about them doing sth great as they actually did redo all the worlds for seasons.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hi. I'm excited about the Livestream, which is unusual for me, but I'm also hoping we get the Update today, as well. Does anybody know? Is it one or the other or both? I mean, normally I listen to Talk Radio while playing my game. Today, I don't even have the radio on. Giving up Rush Limbaugh for the Livestream. :open_mouth: I know, I know. LOL I'm just hoping this is good. :)

Feature Update and Patch is Today in addition to the Livestream.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top