The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STRIKE! Championship Bowling ** R 1 | M 5: Durham's vs. Jivers **

MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
strike.jpg

Join me as we follow ten teams and forty individuals all vying for the top spot in the STRIKE! Championship Bowling League.

Chapter Index:
dustshaela.jpg
Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
Post edited by Munterbacon on

Comments

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited August 2018
    Team Names & Requirements
    Going with 4 people per team now.

1. Dolls with Balls (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Female Only
    • Flirty Trait

- Rebecca Hamilton by @VanPelt81
    - Agnes Baskerville by @LadyLobster
    - Scarlet MaCaw by @AudreyFld
    - Anna Romil by @InfraGreen

2. Balls Out (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Male Only
    • Flirty Trait

- J.B. Monte by @LegacySims2017
    - Jonas Hammond by @LadyLobster
    - Lucas Pierce by @Bugsie2016
    - Devon Pierce by @Bugsie2016

3. Bowl Durham (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Bro Trait

- Anthony Hawthorn by @pammiechick
    - Kyle McAndrew by @Simslover163
    - Hannah Harlow by @Cement
    - Rupert Fink (plus kitties) by @Cement

4. Bankrollers (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Materialistic Trait

- Reggie "Roller" Hayes by @SoulGal7
    - Noriko Matsuki by @KleineMuff
    - Reginald Elsworth Buttersby III by Me
    - Pandora Blackburn by @kittymeow

5. Bowl Movements (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Slob Trait or Lazy Trait

- Takoda Hembree by @KleineMuff
    - Ezra Baker by @CitizenErased14
    - Noel Reddock by @AudreyFld
    - Aaron Zymer by @LegacySims2017

6. Jive Turkeys (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Dance Machine Trait

- Sasha Smith by @NShippudenFan
    - Themla Twiddlethumbs by @SoulGal7
    - Melissa Crest by @Irishsong
    - Galen Curtis by @InfraGreen

7. Pin Ups (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Female Only
    • Confident Trait

- Florence Hamilton by @VanPelt81
    - Cherry Lane by @WagonFruit
    - Maeve Stark (plus husband cheerleader) by @Irishsong
    - Kitty Purry by @LegacySims2017

8. Splits and Giggles (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Goofball Trait

- Cleo Lambert by @kittymeow
    - Ramesh "The Ram" Deep by @WagonFruit
    - Faith Louis by @NShippudenFan
    - Harry Solomon by @SoulGal7

9. Incredibowl Hulks (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Geek or Genius Trait.

- Destiny Lamb by @pammiechick
    - Prince Bana by @Cement
    - Breanne Dawson by Me
    - Saul Krystkowiak by @VanPelt81

10. Mmm… Turkey *drool* (FULL)
    • Level 5 Bowling
    • Any Gender
    • Foodie or Glutton.

- Carla Benes by @Simslover163
    - Frank Myers by @kittymeow
    - Opal Bayes by @InfraGreen
    - Lord Flash Silver by @pammiechick
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited August 2018
    Scoring

Each team has 4 members who will play each individual of the opposite team once per round, and each team will play each other twice - once at Home and once Away. Season standings will be sorted as follows:

Head-to-head victory = 2 points per game.
    Team Total Score Victory = 3 points.
    Highest Individual Score = 1 point.
    Total of 36 points available for each week per matchup.

There will be two season tables. One for the teams which will use the above points system, and one for the individual bowlers which will just use the Head-to-head points. At some point during the season, teammates will play against each other twice for the purpose of the individual standings.

Members on tied points total at the end of the season will be determined by highest pinfall and if need be, wins/losses between the tied members.

The standings probably won't be the focus of the story, as there will be pre/post game interactions which will provide plenty of drama! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Schedule

Here is the schedule of the teams, the Home Team will be in the second column.

Round 1:
    round-1.jpg
    Round 2:
    round-2.jpg
    Round 3:
    round-3.jpg

More to be added later.
    dustshaela.jpg
    @VanPelt81 @LadyLobster @AudreyFld @InfraGreen @LegacySims2017 @pammiechick @Simslover163 @SoulGal7 @KleineMuff @CitizenErased14 @NShippudenFan @Irishsong @WagonFruit @kittymeow @Bugsie2016 @Cement

Happy Timezones all! :blush:

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get it started early! :D

This is just a pregame snippet that features each of the competitors that will be bowling in this matchup.

Round 1 | Matchup 1: Pregame
    dustshaela.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Oooh, what a fun prologue! Definitely don't mind the early start. Excited to see more and more of these personalities work together (and clash, of course).
    uduVcAP.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Awesome! Nice to see Frank, him trying to do push ups made me laugh. :D loving the competition already, can't wait to see more.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Definitely a good laugh from the first chapter. I like how Agnes' tunnel vision this week is towards Lord Flash's "pasty white cheeks". The Dolls overall seem to be at a disadvantage due to Rebecca's failed plan during the preseason (and I like the possibility of Opal taking advantage of this).
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    So happy for early updates! (Now you can rest. ;) )
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Oooh, what a fun prologue! Definitely don't mind the early start. Excited to see more and more of these personalities work together (and clash, of course).

Thanks! :blush: I’m looking forward into delving more into the characters myself. :)
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Awesome! Nice to see Frank, him trying to do push ups made me laugh. :D loving the competition already, can't wait to see more.

Yes, can’t show up to his matches with his Dad Bod, gotta get in those 3 Sit Ups :D

I should get the first matchup posted tonight. It’s going to be so fun, I worked on some custom notifications that look like in game ones for when they win/lose and some of them are doozies! :D

dustshaela.jpg
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Definitely a good laugh from the first chapter. I like how Agnes' tunnel vision this week is towards Lord Flash's "pasty white cheeks". The Dolls overall seem to be at a disadvantage due to Rebecca's failed plan during the preseason (and I like the possibility of Opal taking advantage of this).

Thanks! :blush: I’m glad you got a laugh out of it.

Yeah, Agnes cares about one thing and only one thing... She has made it very clear on what takes priority for the week! :D

We’ll see soon enough if it is as much of a disadvantage as they seem to portray, but definitely look for Opal to try and rattle Rebecca!
    So happy for early updates! (Now you can rest. ;) )

And it was a good rest! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Happy Timezones folks! :blush:

Let the games begin!!! :D

Round 1 | Match 1: Dolls with Balls vs. Mmm... Trukey *drool*
    dustshaela.jpg
    Rofl! Great first round! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Rofl! Great first round! :D

Thanks! :)

Will probably get the Post Game chapter out tomorrow and then spend the next day or two writing the intro for the next lot of players and playing their games :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Filthy Frank, I love it! That's so funny. He did awful though, think he was distracted by all the ladies. Rebecca seems like she's going to be hard to beat, well the whole dolls with balls team seem pretty tough.
    I was deeply confused for a bit about the Ralph the spider, I could not see it anywhere but then I spotted him on Frank. What the heck! :D poor man, he really didn't have a good day did he.

So much funny stuff, I'm loving it. Agnes is great! :joy:
    edited August 2018
    That sports intro with the bowlers nicknames is awesome as was their game recaps at the end. Handsy is Agnes' nickname even for the SSPN crew. I like Mike Michael McMichaels' story about Agnes from his rookie season; as well as his story about his injury.

I like how Rebecca got a perfect llama with new unbroken in equipment though I feel like she may be getting an email from the league to have that tested to see if it is league approved since she already has a history of trying to use unapproved bowling equipment (much like baseball players & steriods testing).
    Yes, can’t show up to his matches with his Dad Bod, gotta get in those 3 Sit Ups :D

Frank's "game" with the ladies was predictably bad. His "Dad bod" wasn't helping.

Filthy Frank, I love it! That's so funny. He did awful though, think he was distracted by all the ladies. Rebecca seems like she's going to be hard to beat, well the whole dolls with balls team seem pretty tough.
    I was deeply confused for a bit about the Ralph the spider, I could not see it anywhere but then I spotted him on Frank. What the heck! :D poor man, he really didn't have a good day did he.

So much funny stuff, I'm loving it. Agnes is great! :joy:

He really did do quite awful, huh? :D Who knows, maybe Rebecca and the Dolls just had a good round? ;)

He was rather small, old "Footsie" Ralph Baskerville, wasn't he? :D

The Dolls are playing Splits & Giggles next round, so Harry & Ramesh will be in her firing line next! :smirk:
    That sports intro with the bowlers nicknames is awesome as was their game recaps at the end. Handsy is Agnes' nickname even for the SSPN crew. I like Mike Michael McMichaels' story about Agnes from his rookie season; as well as his story about his injury.

Thanks, I really liked those intros to the teams and players :) Agnes has had that nickname for a LONG time, her reputation is fierce among the bowling world! :D

And yeah, as we'd talked about earlier, I did end up going with Mike Michael McMichaels being the target of Tony for the... "accident" and a fans question on social media was the perfect intro into the story of his injury! ;)

I like how Rebecca got a perfect llama with new unbroken in equipment though I feel like she may be getting an email from the league to have that tested to see if it is league approved since she already has a history of trying to use unapproved bowling equipment (much like baseball players & steriods testing).
    Yeah, they may want to send a rep over to check out the gear, huh? Just in case. ;)

Frank's "game" with the ladies was predictably bad. His "Dad bod" wasn't helping.

But he got rid of his "Dad bod" with those 3 sit ups! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited August 2018

The Dolls are playing Splits & Giggles next round, so Harry & Ramesh will be in her firing line next! :smirk:

Hopefully Harry and Ramesh "The Ram" work on their snarking abilities just in case their games go the way of Lord Flash's this round all thanks to the hands of "Handsy" Ms. Baskerville.

Thanks, I really liked those intros to the teams and players :) Agnes has had that nickname for a LONG time, her reputation is fierce among the bowling world! :D

And yeah, as we'd talked about earlier, I did end up going with Mike Michael McMichaels being the target of Tony for the... "accident" and a fans question on social media was the perfect intro into the story of his injury! ;)

I bet Saul has stories about Agnes from when she was 30 years younger (and possibly did some of those sordid things she alluded to wanting to do to Lord Flash).
    Yeah, they may want to send a rep over to check out the gear, huh? Just in case. ;)

I can picture it now. Rebecca being annoyed pregame next round about it, right before possibly getting another perfect llama.

But he got rid of his "Dad bod" with those 3 sit ups! :D

He may have gotten the dad bod back by midway through game 2 at the latest depending on how much greasy food and/or beers he had in between his terrible pick up lines.
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
    Happy Timezones guys! :blush:

And here is the Post Game event from the first matchup, I hope you enjoy! :D

Round 1 | Matchup 1: Post Game
    dustshaela.jpg
    In case anyone is interested in seeing the standings after just the first matchup, I've chucked it up behind the spoiler tag, obviously, things will move about once the other teams finish their games though. :)
    round-1-matchup-1-standings.png
    dustshaela.jpg
    Filthy Frank isn’t doing too well...he needs to get his mind out of the gutter. :joy:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2018
    I wonder who Scarlet's babe is? Man was Frank's postgame is almost as bad as his bowling game was this round. Also, Rebecca should know better than to give in to Anna's tactical seduction. Anna is a married woman and her wife would likely beat Rebecca down within an inch of her life. I'm sure a video of that would get to where the Pin Ups are at. Agnes cracked me up every time she opened her mouth as well as the ending when she was following her prey.
    Poor filthy Frank, I got pretty excited for him when that random girl seemed interested at first lol but of course handsome flash stole her attention.

Rebecca tried to kiss Anna?! :o Opal is gonna kill her and I feel like Scarlet is being secretive about something.

This was really great! :)
    Filthy Frank isn’t doing too well...he needs to get his mind out of the gutter. :joy:

I have a t-shirt that Frank would love. It says "Get Lucky at Lucky Lanes, Get Your Mind Back in the Gutter!"
    I wonder who Scarlet's babe is? Man was Frank's postgame is almost as bad as his bowling game was this round. Also, Rebecca should know better than to give in to Anna's tactical seduction. Anna is a married woman and her wife would likely beat Rebecca down within an inch of her life. I'm sure a video of that would get to where the Pin Ups are at. Agnes cracked me up every time she opened her mouth as well as the ending when she was following her prey.

We'll find out at some point who Scarlet's mystery babe is. ;) Frank needs some work on both his games, that is for sure!

We'll see if there was any footage taken of that failed kiss moment or not, I'm sure the Pin Ups would be most interested in it if it exists!
    Poor filthy Frank, I got pretty excited for him when that random girl seemed interested at first lol but of course handsome flash stole her attention.

Rebecca tried to kiss Anna?! :o Opal is gonna kill her and I feel like Scarlet is being secretive about something.

This was really great! :)

Frank was close, but sadly the random girl spotted Flash before she'd given it too much thought!

It was lucky that Opal wasn't there to see it otherwise Rebecca may have been seeing stars! And yes, Scarlet is being very secretive! :smirk:

I'm glad that you enjoyed it, it was so much fun to write! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

I come bearing the gift of another chapter! :D

Round 1 | Matchup 2: Pregame
    dustshaela.jpg
    So Ramesh has a brother named Sukh Deep?!? LOL!!!

Also I wonder how the Incredibowl Hulks decided on the 8 year old to be their captain? I'm not sure that Prince will be able to reign in on the craziness of his teammates especially when Destiny has to deal with dive alleys that she assumes is classy based on name. Perhaps Saul & possibly Breanne thought having the 8 year old be captain would be funny.